Weak Ahaadeeth about Quran

umm hussain

On the authority of Abdullaah ibn 'Amr (radhiyallaahu 'anhumaa), the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said:

"Whoever reads the Qur'aan will reach a level of prophethood, except that he has not received any revelation. It is not befitting for the companion of the Qur'aan to become angry like those who become angry, nor should he behave ignorantly like the ignorant ones while he has the Speech of Allaah with him."

Dha'eef (weak) - Al-Haakim collected it, saying, "It has a saheeh chain." However, Tha'labah Aboo Al-Kunood Al-Hamraawee is in the chain, who is unknown. Its chain is discussed in Silsilatul-Ahaadeethidh-Dha'eefah

umm hussain

On the authority of Aboo Tharr (radhiyallaahu 'anhu), the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said:

"You can not return to Allaah with anything more virtuous than what exits from it (the mouth)." (meaning - the Qur'aan)

Dha'eef (weak) - Al-Haakim authenticated it and collected it, but it has 'Abdullaah ibn Saalih in the chain, who is discussed in Silsilatul-Ahaadeethidh-Dha'eefah (#1957). Aboo Daawood also gathered it in his Maraaseel on the authority of Jubayr ibn Nafeer.

umm hussain

On the authority of 'Abdullaah ibn Mas'ood (radhiyallaahu 'anhu), the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said:

"Verily this Qur'aan is Allaah's banquet, so take His invitation as much as you can. Verily this Qur'aan is Allaah's Rope, the Clear Light, the Beneficial Cure, protection for those who hold fast to it, and salvation for those who follow it. It can not lead anyone astray, so it can never be blamed; it can not be made crooked so that it would need straightened. Its wonders cannot be overlooked, and the one who reads it much does not get tired of it. Recite it - for verily Allaah rewards you with ten favorable rewards for every letter you recite. I do not say that ( Alif - Laam - Meem ) is one letter, rather ( Alif ) is a letter, ( Laam ) and ( Meem )."

Dha'eef (weak) - Al-Haakim collected it, by way of Saalih ibn Umar, who heard from Ibraaheem Al-Hajaree, on the authority of Abul-Ahwas. Al-Haakim said about its chain, "It only comes by way of Saalih ibn Umar, and its chain is saheeh." However, Ath-Thahabee (1/555) criticized him saying, "But Ibraaheem ibn Muslim Al-Hajaree is weak." I say It is reported on him (Ibraaheem) as his statement, and that is saheeh, however the last part of the hadeeth ("Recite it...") has been added mistakenly as I have clarified in Silsilatul-Ahaadeethis-Saheehah (#3327), and it also is found in Saheeh At-Targheeb wat-Tarheeb in this same chapter.

umm hussain

On the authority of 'Alee ibn Abee Taalib (radhiyallaahu 'anhu), the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said:

"Whoever reads the Qur'aan and memorizes it by heart, affirming the permissibility of what it makes halaal, and prohibiting what it makes haraam, Allaah will enter him into Paradise and give him permission to intercede for ten of his family members who had deserved to go to the Hellfire."

Dha'eef jiddan (very weak) - It was collected by Ibn Maajah and At-Tirmithee, and this is At-Tirmithee's version, who said, "It is a ghareeb (rare) hadeeth." I say And to complete his statement, "and its chain is not authentic." That is because there is a narrator in its chain whom the scholars have abandoned, some even called him a liar, and he narrates from someone who is unknown.

umm hussain

On the authority of Aboo Tharr (radhiyallaahu 'anhu), the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said:

"O Aboo Tharr! For you to go out in the morning and learn a verse from Allaah's Book is better for you than praying a hundred rak'ahs. And for you to go out in the morning and learn some knowledge, whether it is acted upon or not, is better than a thousand rak'ahs."

Dha'eef (weak) - It was collected by Ibn Maajah.

umm hussain

it has been reported that Aboo Sa'eed Al-Khudree (radhiyallaahu 'anhu) had a dream wherein he saw himself writing Soorah Saad, and when he reached the verse of prostration, he saw the inkwell, the pen, and everything in his presence prostrating. He said: "So I relayed that to the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam), and he never stopped prostrating at that verse."

Dha'eef (weak) - It was collected by Ahmad, and its narrators are that of Saheeh Al-Bukhaaree, as Al-Haythamee said. However, its chain has missing links, as it is found in the Musnad of Imaam Ahmad (3/78,84) by way of Bakr Al-Muzanee, and the scholars did not mention that he narrated from Aboo Sa'eed. It also is found in Al-Bayhaqee in As-Sunan (2/320) on the authority of Makhbar who reported from Aboo Sa'eed, and Makhbar is unknown. So in these instances, we say that Al-Haafith's statement, "Its narrators are that of Saheeh Al-Bukhaaree," does not mean the hadeeth is authentic. So due to ignorance of this, they simply said it was hasan in order to preserve the hadeeth, as was their custom.

umm hussain

On the authority of Ibn 'Abbaas (radhiyallaahu 'anhumaa), the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said:

"Verily the one who has not memorized anything from the Qur'aan is like an abandoned house."

Dha'eef (weak) - It was collected by At-Tirmithee and Al-Haakim by way of Qaaboos ibn Abee Thubyaan, who said that his father narrated it from Ibn 'Abbaas. Al-Haakim said, "It has a saheeh chain." At-Tirmithee said, "It is a hasan saheeh hadeeth." I say - That is what they say! Ath-Thahabee criticized them, saying, "I say that Qaaboos is layyin (a kind of weak narrator)." This is also what Al-Haafith said in At-Taqreeb. Others said the hadeeth was hasan by way of other witnessing narrations, but they lied - the hadeeth has no witnesses to support it!

umm hussain

On the authority of Anas (radhiyallaahu 'anhu), the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said:

"I have been shown the rewards due to my nation, even the reward for the man who removes a piece of dirt from the masjid. And the sins of my nation have also been shown to me, and I do not see any sin greater than a man being given a soorah or an aayah (that he memorizes), and then he forgets it."

Dha'eef (weak) - It was collected by Aboo Daawood, At-Tirmithee, Ibn Maajah, and Ibn Khuzaymah in his Saheeh, on the authority of Al-Mutallib ibn 'Abdillaah, on the authority of Anas.

umm hussain

On the authority of Sa'd ibn 'Ubaadah (radhiyallaahu 'anhu), the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said:

"There is no one who memorizes the Qur'aan and then forgets it, except that his hands will be mutilated when he meets Allaah."

Dha'eef (weak) - It was collected by Aboo Daawood, by way of Yazeed ibn Abee Ziyaad, on the authority of 'Eesaa ibn Faa'id, who narrated from Sa'd. Al-Haafith said, "Yazeed ibn Abee Ziyaad Al-Haashimee's kunyah was Aboo 'Abdillaah, who has some criticism against him. Along with this, 'Eesaa ibn Faa'id only narrated from those who heard from Sa'd (not from Sa'd directly). This is what 'Abdur-Rahmaan ibn Abee Haatim and others have said."