Refreshing Weapon of

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
Asalaamu Alaykum brothers and sisters,

I hope everyone is doing great. Just wanted to share a great email I got from a blog that I am subscribed to several days alhamdulilah. I hope it motivates and encourages you all and benefits you in some way. Here it is below:

Do you know what's really holding your duas back?

You're hoping Allah will answer them instead of believing He will answer them.

Stop hoping. Start believing.

You're Muslim, right?

You're asking Him for something good, right?

You do believe that Allah hears and knows all things, right?

Then why wouldn't He answer your duas? All you have to do is have true, strong belief.

This is so powerful and amazing. I really wish more Muslims would grasp this simple concept.

Most of us (and I'm speaking about myself also) we make dua like we have doubt. We don't make dua and say Ameen and have that certain confidence that Allah is going to take care of us.

We make dua, say Ameen, and then act as if it may or may not happen. Like whatever we're asking for is too difficult for Allah to handle.

Stop that!

I mean it. Seriously. Stop it.

When you ask Allah for something, know in your heart, in your inner being, with absolute certainty and confidence, that He's going to take care of you.

Just look at Prophet Musa (AS). He's ordered by Allah to go to this evil, murderous, yet powerful ruler (Pharaoh) and tell him to worship one God and let Banu Israel go.

Can you imagine being ordered to go up to Kim Jong Un (murderous ruler of North Korea), with no weapons, no army, and telling him he has to worship Allah and let all the Muslims in his land go?

You'd probably go crazy out of fear knowing this guy could kill you in a heartbeat.

But what did Musa (AS) do? Did he make some weak dua and hope for the best?

No! This is what he said:

"My Lord, expand for me my breast. And make this job easy. And untie the knot from my tongue so that the people would understand me. And appoint for me a minister from my family. And increase my strength through him. And let him share my task so that we may exalt You much and remember You much, indeed You are ever-seeing of us."

Now, does that sound like a man who has hope? Or does that sound like a man who has faith?

Moses (AS) is saying: "Allah, I've got a job to do. But I'm going to need these things in order to do this job effectively. So give them to me, and I'll be on my way."

That's the kind of faith you've got to have.