Welcome to Middle East and Have a Nice Day

saif

Assalamu alaikum,

Last year many newspapers including Washington Post published articles based on the egyptian blogger thebigpharao's "The Complete Idiot's Chart to Understand The Middle East". This chart is a good example of the black humour because it gives a sad and true picture of the middle east in a funny way. (Funny only in a black-humour sense). Here is that chart:

imrs.php

Spend a few minutes staring at this and you will either have a seizure or actually comprehend the Middle East. Egypt is represented by the "MB" (Muslim Brotherhood) and "Sisi" for military leader Gen. Abdel Fatah al-Sissi. (Courtesy The Big Pharaoh)

Now to add salt on the wounds, Washington Post also published a letter to the editor, which highlights the misery of the middle east. Here is that letter:

Sir, Iran is backing Assad. Gulf states are against Assad!
Assad is against Muslim Brotherhood. Muslim Brotherhood and Obama are against General Sisi.
But Gulf states are pro-Sisi! Which means they are against Muslim Brotherhood!
Iran is pro-Hamas, but Hamas is backing Muslim Brotherhood!
Obama is backing Muslim Brotherhood, yet Hamas is against the U.S.!
Gulf states are pro-U.S. But Turkey is with Gulf states against Assad; yet Turkey is pro-Muslim Brotherhood against General Sisi. And General Sisi is being backed by the Gulf states!
Welcome to the Middle East and have a nice day.
KN Al-Sabah,
London EC4, U.K.

All that was published in 2013. Now with Yemen crisis on horizon, this chart has become much more complicated.

Wassalamu alaikum

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Picture is from 2013. Now there also should be ISIS and that would cause a lot of more red and blue lines. :confused:

saif

Assalamu alaikum,

People in the middle east, the arabs to be exact, have to revisit their concepts about Islam. The wrong concepts about jihaad, khurooj, democracy and above all dealing with different sects within islam has led the middle east to become a complete mess. Following verse is a good starter to revisit everything, which you considered to be true Islam:

30_41.png

Sahih International
Corruption has appeared throughout the land and sea by [reason of] what the hands of people have earned so He may let them taste part of [the consequence of] what they have done that perhaps they will return [to righteousness]. (30:41)

Wassalamu alaikum

hopeeternal

very true and very sad.. people across the middle east have lost hold of the real truth or their understanding of it...

MehmetHilmi

What is wrong with us? Sometimes I wish I could join the expedition to Mars and never come back to Earth.

cabdixakim

Wacaleykumaa-salaam waraxmatul'Lahi wabarakatuh.

These are indeed afflictions as you put it brother. And foretold by the prophet:saw:

Narrated Shaqiq:
I heard Hudhaifa saying, "While we were sitting with 'Umar, he said, 'Who among you remembers the statement of the Prophet about the afflictions?' Hudhaifa said, "The affliction of a man in his family, his property, his children and his neighbors are expiated by his prayers, Zakat (and alms) and enjoining good and forbidding evil." 'Umar said, "I do not ask you about these afflictions, but about those afflictions which will move like the waves of the sea." Hudhaifa said, "Don't worry about it, O chief of the believers, for there is a closed door between you and them." 'Umar said, "Will that door be broken or opened?" I said, "No. it will be broken." 'Umar said, "Then it will never be closed," I said, "Yes." We asked Hudhaifa, "Did 'Umar know what that door meant?" He replied, "Yes, as I know that there will be night before tomorrow morning, that is because I narrated to him a true narration free from errors." We dared not ask Hudhaifa as to whom the door represented so we ordered Masruq to ask him what does the door stand for? He replied, "'Umar."(Al-Bukhari)

Narrated Hudhaifa bin Al-Yaman:
The people used to ask Allah's Apostle about the good but I used to ask him about the evil lest I should be overtaken by them. So I said, "O Allah's Apostle! We were living in ignorance and in an (extremely) worst atmosphere, then Allah brought to us this good (i.e., Islam); will there be any evil after this good?" He said, "Yes." I said, 'Will there be any good after that evil?" He replied, "Yes, but it will be tainted (not pure.)'' I asked, "What will be its taint?" He replied, "(There will be) some people who will guide others not according to my tradition? You will approve of some of their deeds and disapprove of some others." I asked, "Will there be any evil after that good?" He replied, "Yes, (there will be) some people calling at the gates of the (Hell) Fire, and whoever will respond to their call, will be thrown by them into the (Hell) Fire." I said, "O Allah s Apostle! Will you describe them to us?" He said, "They will be from our own people and will speak our language." I said, "What do you order me to do if such a state should take place in my life?" He said, "Stick with the group of Muslims and their Imam (ruler)." I said, "If there is neither a group of Muslims nor an Imam (ruler)?" He said, "Then turn away from all those sects even if you were to bite (eat) the roots of a tree till death overtakes you while you are in that state."(Al-Bukhari)

from the time the door was broken muslims were afflicted in various ways, affliction as a consequence for what their hands earned them and their putting aside of Allah's book and the Sunnah of the Holy prophet:saw: and disobeying and belittling prohibitions as minor to them as arranging of rows in congretional prayers to taking Riba and trivializing murder of a Muslim!

all muslims in the world are afflicted except whom Allah bestowed His mercy upon: Some are busy beheading and have taken up arms and accepted violence for their afflictions, Others have melted with the non-believers to the last drop of behaviour,others are in a deep sleep and Ghaflah, for others their affliction is in their Aqidah and in their deen! But what we all have in common is that none of us is watchful and aware of his afflictions!

And you're right, and it's not only Arabs, every muslim must revisit his concepts about Islam!

A son kills his mom, A muslim son, if that is not Fitnah then which twisted Hadith or corrupt Sheikh could brainwash him do that?

Fitnah has spread among the muslims and it is by our abandoning of Salah, neglecting of Zakah. And when we abandoned Amr bil macruf wan'nahyi canil munkar, Fitnah was bound to spread.

whatever did happen in my Nation was an unexplainable but it had a horrible beginning that sired all these miseries!

what's happening in the Middle East now is unclear but it sure has a cause and a course!

muslims saw worse days than these but it seems history was never meant to be learnt from!

now with the coming of the blessed month of Ramadhan, may Allah take away the hardships of the innocent souls, in Syria, in Iraq, in Somalia, in Libya, in Falastiin and in Sudan and Guinea, in Afghanistan, in Yemen and in Burma, in Central Africa and in every place there ever lived a wrongdone soul of a muslim, and convert their hardships for something better than it. May Allah doze off the fire and the flame that enrages in the hearts of Muslims and apply butter on their hearts for each other. O Allah do not test us for things we've no power of for surely you do not overburden a soul, forgive our sins and destroy us not for the sins of the wrongdoers among us...aamiin

Last edited:

saif

Assalamu alaikum brother cabdixakim

Jazakallah khair for your nice post. The second hadith you have quoted and the part you have highlighted was already coming to my mind, when I was writing my post. Thanks again.

Wassalamu alaikum

cabdixakim

Wacaleykumas'salaam waraxmatuLahi wabarakatuh, brother.

May Allah reward you too brother.

Better I let you discuss that in your thread :D but I just had to share that! :D

may Allah reward the people of this site Immensely and may Allah elevate all those who stand for His cause in the highest status of His blissful paradise