What about living in the same house as a Hindu ?

salmanzaid

Asalam Alaykum,

Dear Brothers & Sisters -

It has only been a short period of time since I reverted and I am still in the process of trying to follow what Muhammad(sa alahi wa salam) said.

I have heard a lecture ... and I don't want to quote this person, but I get the impression that he was saying it is haram to live with hindus.
I am making preparations to move closer to the Mosque that I love, but at the same time I am hurting the feelings of the Vaisnavas I currently live with.

Could I please get some better idea of what to do / guidance from someone far more knowledgeable than me ?

Salman :salah:

Arshad

Stay where u r.

Salaam wa rahmatullah,
Drear friends, and this fore all of the Muslim bro, & Sis's,
We have all emerged from some different upbringing and back ground, and so religion has evolved around us in the various different ways forms and kinds.
Let us not forget that as per the sunnah all of the mankind are born Muslims and later they converted to the religion the parents nurtured us into.

So some have been fortunate to be born in a Muslim home and some are not, and therefore it is neccessary that we inculcate the habits and behaviour as per the Way of life "ISLAM"

Let the unbelievers realize the difference and revert back to Islam
The Prophet PBUH too impressed the religion of Islam after he got the first revelation at the age of 40, but he was always a muslim as he never did any thing that is forbidden. He was the must honest, just and humble person ever to have been on this earth and so he was known as Al-Ameen and as-sadiq, before the religion of lslam was known, and it continued after he brought Islam to the people, even to those that never came to islam he was the most trusted and honest man ever, so much so that even the enemies of islam came to the Prophet for all their human counselling needs and safe keeping of their valuables.
The prophet was in constant company of the unbelievers, his own uncle too was not a muslim but he lived with him and amoung other nonbelievers as well.
You have to make that choice anfollow the teachings of the prophet PHUB and the way of Life ISLAM. as per the Holy Quran.
I have always had to share my room with either a christian or an hindu and it made no diiference to my faith and belief on the contrary I have tried and succeeded in impressing islam on to them.
Fi amaan Allah