What about Muslim Women?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
What about Muslim women?

Islam sees a woman, whether single or married, as an individual in her own right, with the right to own and dispose of her property and earnings. A marriage dowry is given by the groom to the bride for her own personal use, and she keeps her own family name rather than taking her husband's.
Both men and women are expected to dress in a way which is modest and dignified; the traditions of female dress found in some Muslim countries are often the expression of local customs.

The Messenger of God said:
'The most perfect in faith amongst believers is he who is best in manner and kindest to his wife.'

Can a Muslim have more than one wife?
The religion of Islam was revealed for all societies and all times and so accommodates widely differing social requirements. Circumstances may warrant the taking of another wife but the right is granted, according to the Quran, only on condition that the husband is scrupulously fair.

Is Islamic marriage like Christian marriage?
A Muslim marriage is not a 'sacrament', but a simple, legal agreement in which either partner is free to include conditions. Marriage customs thus vary widely from country to country. As a result, divorce is not common, although it is not forbidden as a last resort. According to Islam, no Muslim girl can be forced to marry against her will: her parents will simply suggest young men they think may be suitable.

Shavone

Asking Permission

Hello,

I feel blessed to find out about this site, and mana'shallah to hear about so many people that converting to Islam.

ON the subject of a man getting more than one wife, although I'm not skeptical about that, I was told that if a man does want to get a second wife, he doesn't have to ask his first one? I personally don't agree with that and mana'shallah I don't have that problem in my marriage.