what are the rulings on pic

justice101

:salam2:
i hope this reaches u inthe best of health and imaan
i have a question i have a photo of a dead realtive, am not keepin it cuz i feel sad, i dnt even remember him, from the pic i see that he looks like me, n many ppl say that. thing is i heard its haram to keep deceased ppls photos cuz they mit make u sad. even ma mom feels said i dont feel sad, i feel curious thats y i keep it, ppl think am sad n all but am not i just want to see my self when am his age n see if how much we look alike, is it haram,

justice101

i know another shek that said that photos are halal, cuz just like Dr Zakir said it is a moment being captured, another thing is if photos are haram then videos are haram cuz videos are photos goin really fast,
n by the way if u writ smthin on a paper, then i come to take a pic from it, nobody will say that i wrot it, they know its u,
i was just sayin the shek said if ur intention is haram then its haram, but do dead ppl fall under that?

stargazer

Clear Skies!

i was just sayin the shek said if ur intention is haram then its haram, but do dead ppl fall under that?

Why should you keep the photos of dead people? Seeing it would only bring memories of the past and it would bring sadness to your life (not in this case but often times it is). You should be honest to answer this. Does it bring you any good by keeping it?

Even if a photograph is of a real moment captured in time, why would anyone want to take a photograph of someone else except to venerate someone or to remember someone needlessly?