What are you currently reading?

Idris16

as-Salam alaykum Warahmatullah wabarakatuh

I am reading my old books and the Qur'aan of course! But insha'Allaah I will read my future books about Purification of the Soul and a book about manners.

So what are you reading?:)

Do not forget to mention the author!

Joshua26

as-Salam alaykum Warahmatullah wabarakatuh

I am reading my old books and the Qur'aan of course! But insha'Allaah I will read my future books about Purification of the Soul and a book about manners.

So what are you reading?:)

Do not forget to mention the author!

I am reading 'Islam: The Misunderstood Religion' by Muhammad Qutb, very informative book. And I'm also reading the Qur'an of course. :)

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Wa-alaykum-us-Salaam wa'Rahmatullaahi wa'Barakatuh,

Currently, my main read is the 'Biography of Ali ibn Abi Taalib' (may Allah be pleased with him) by Dr. as-Sallaabee alongside other things. Without delving too much, one get's this feeling that the rightly-guided Caliphs each possessed distinct characteristics that made them special during their caliphate's. Before you move on to read about the next caliph after the previous one passed away, i.e., Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) passing away and then 'Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) becoming caliph, you think how could this caliph do what the previous one did. However you learn that, that caliph demonstrate's his own special qualities. May Allah be pleased with all the Companions. I expect/hope to feel this way after Insha'Allaah reading about 'Ali.

serena77

IS anyone reading anything thats good for beginners as it were ... other than the Koran of course.......
right now i can order things from amazon ( if i can afford them ) and not cause raised eyebrows and can slide in books along w/ the holiday stuff i have to buy for the house .... good time to stock up if i can.
Salaams to all ... may everyone have a good week.
Serena

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Hello Serena77 and a late welcome to the forum,

I would recommend reading alongside the Qur'aan:

a) 'Concise Commentary on the Book of Tawheed ' by Saalih al-Fawzaan. Below is a link to the PDF. It is a really good book showing the importance in the Oneness of Allah (God) in belief and action.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8101&d=1308760768

b) 'Belief in Allah' by Umar al-Ashqaar. I found this book to be excellent. You can check the thread link below because it contains posts of this book (not the whole book but a good portion of it). I find the 'Definition of Allah and Connecting Hearts to Him' section and onwards the best part (this section starts from post #62).

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58853

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58853

serena77

its frustrating that amazon doesn't carry more books such as this. i went and looked for all three and couldn't find them amazon i can get books from and no one asks what i buy. but the others... the other bookstores... i'd have trouble ordering from due to their names and my family... very frustrating. i will however read over those posts on that other thread... i gave it just a once over and got confused , so i'll have to do it again.
JAZ to you both
Serena

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
as-Salam Alaykum Warahmatullah Wabarakatuh

Ditta, you must buy this book! http://store.dar-us-salam.com/product/R95.html

It's the same book as I have in my signature [at the present]. I'm glad Darus Salam has the book. You gave the sister good advice. Very important to start with Tawheed.

Wa-alaykum-us-Salaam wa'Rahmatullaahi wa'Barakatuh,

Insha'Allaah, I will check the PDF to get an initial understanding about the book (which appears clear by the book title). May Allah reward you with good. Ameen.

its frustrating that amazon doesn't carry more books such as this. i went and looked for all three and couldn't find them amazon i can get books from and no one asks what i buy. but the others... the other bookstores... i'd have trouble ordering from due to their names and my family... very frustrating. i will however read over those posts on that other thread... i gave it just a once over and got confused , so i'll have to do it again.
JAZ to you both
Serena

I had this initial thought that maybe the terms/certain aspects in the two recommended books/threads could be a problem. If you have any problems in understanding something or questions then just open a new thread and someone will respond God willing. I think this is the easiest way.

Its a shame that Amazon don't have either book. I recall you mentioning the difficulty of receiving books from other retailers/stores and that is why I included the PDF and thread link. I know some dislike reading with a computer or handheld device but I included the links anyway just in case. I'm not sure of another solution.

serena77

salaam
i appreciate the links... I have a kindle.. so reading away from a book.. generally... not an issue... although i do prefer to have some books.... that are actual books.. my kindle however is linked through my mother so i couldn't even use that as a format. but no i don't mind at all

and thanks sometimes i have a really hard time asking what i'm afraid will be a stupid question or one that i "should know" the answer to.... if that makes sense.... thats a carry over from much younger days ... sadly some things dont change.

inshallah amazon in the future will increase their selection.
Serena

Hatty

salaam
i appreciate the links... I have a kindle.. so reading away from a book.. generally... not an issue... although i do prefer to have some books.... that are actual books.. my kindle however is linked through my mother so i couldn't even use that as a format. but no i don't mind at all

and thanks sometimes i have a really hard time asking what i'm afraid will be a stupid question or one that i "should know" the answer to.... if that makes sense.... thats a carry over from much younger days ... sadly some things dont change.

inshallah amazon in the future will increase their selection.
Serena

you can download the book for free. click at the link below. most Islamic book are available free online. you probably don't have to buy.

serena77

thank you brother for the link ... I went in and bookmarked it so i can go back and start reading w/o interruption later. much appreciated.
Serena

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

The Quran, it's commentary (sometimes, have to get more frequent) "Ahsanul Bayan" (It's in urdu, anyone knows if I can get one in English as well?) it's by some Pakistani writer (I don't remember the name), Darusalam Punlication.

And finally"Are we forced or do we have a will" by Sheikh Muhammad Ibn Saleh Al Uthaymin (Rahimallahu).

Beautiful book, have just read bits of it. I still have to find time to sit and read it A to Z.

Attachments

• 31922242-Are-We-Forced.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 56

Abu Juwairiya

'Muhammad, the Messenger of Allah and the Law of Blasphemy in the West'. The writer is a senior advocate in the Supreme Court of Pakistan. The 283 Page book is not intended to be a religious discourse, instead it is aimed at scholars, academics, legal professionals and obviously Non Muslims. The status of the Prophet Muhammad, his designation by Muslims and Non Muslims and the Law of Blasphemy is the object of the book.

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
Shock Doctrine By Naomi Klein. Well I was reading but I couldn't finish. But it is a must read if you want to know how the superpowers and corporate world destroy the lives of millions through disaster capitalism and How they are promoting hatred against Islaam for their personal gains.

MehmetHilmi

Arabian Nights.jpg
The Arabian Nights. It is a nice book with interesting stories. The author of the book was apparently very religious as the characters constantly praise Allah. Even though the stories are fictional with fantasy creatures, the book is very Islamic orientated.

Abu Juwairiya

Shock Doctrine By Naomi Klein. Well I was reading but I couldn't finish. But it is a must read if you want to know how the superpowers and corporate world destroy the lives of millions through disaster capitalism and How they are promoting hatred against Islaam for their personal gains.

Ma'shallah I have read that book. It was an eye opener and interesting analysis. I hope she continues to enlighten us with her knowledge and information.