what can you read for the deceased

Sabz42

:salam2:

I wanted to know what is thier that u can read for the deceased person i know thier is the Surah Ya Sin, Quran and 4 kuls, but what else would you recommend to read?
can anyone post me any dua's or surah i can read for the deceased for them to have a place in Jannat ameen.

Jazakullah Khair

salahdin

DUA TO DECEASSED

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ ALLAHUMMA INNA (NAME HIM )FEE THIMMATIKA, WA UABLI JIWAARIKA,FAQIHI MIN FITANTIL-QABRI WA ATHAABIN-NAARI,WA ANTA AHLUL-WAFAA`L WAL-HAQQI MEANINGO ALLAH! SO-AND -SO IS UNDER YOU CARE AND PROTECTION SO PROTECT HIM FROM THE TRIAL OF THE GRAVE AND TORMENTOF THE FIRE. INDEED YOU ARE FAITHFUL AND TRUTHFUL. FORGIVE AND HAVE MERCY UPON HIM, SURELY YOU ARE THE OFTFOEGIVING, THE MOST-MERCIFUL`ALLAHUMMA `ABDUKA WABNU AMATIKA TAJA ILAA RAMATIKA, WA ANTA GHANIYYUN `AN ATHAABIHI. IN KAANA MUSINANFAZID FEE ASANAATIHI,WA INKANA MUSEE`AN FATA-JAAWAZ.`ANHUMEANING 2`O ALLAH! YOUR SERVANT AND THE SON OF YOUR MAIDSERVANT IS IN NEED OF YOUR MERCY AND YOU STANDS IN NO NEED OF PUNINSHING HIM. IF HE WAS RIGHTEOUS THEN INCREASE HIS REWARD AND IF HE WAS WICKED THEN LOOK OVER HIS SINS

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
What is the ruling on reciting al-Faatihah and giving the reward for it to the deceased?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

There is no evidence (daleel) for reciting al-Faatihah or any other part of the Qur’aan and giving (the reward for) it to the deceased. We must not do that, because it was not narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) or his companions (may Allaah be pleased with them) did any such thing. It is prescribed to make du’aa’ for the dead Muslims and to give charity on their behalf by giving to the poor and needy. In this way a person may draw closer to Allaah and ask Him to give the reward for that to his father, mother or other people, deceased or alive. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When a man dies, all his deeds come to a halt apart from three: ongoing charity (sadaqah jaariyah), beneficial knowledge or a righteous child who will pray for him.”

And it was reported that a man said to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “O Messenger of Allaah, my mother has died and she did not make a will. I think that if she had spoken she would have given in charity. Will she be rewarded if I give in charity on her behalf?” He said, “Yes.” (Saheeh – agreed upon)

The same applies to Hajj and ‘umrah on behalf of the deceased and paying off his debts. All of these actions will benefit him, as was narrated in the shar’i daleel (evidence). But if the questioner is referring to treating the family of the deceased person kindly by giving them money or meat (i.e., food), there is nothing wrong with that if they are poor.

Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Maqaalaat Mutanawwi’ah li Samaahat al-Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him), vol. 9, p. 324