What Did You Learn?

Nightwind

What Did You Learn?

When you fasted the month of Ramadan and broke the fast at the end of the day,
Did you feel for the lives of the needy or just look forward to a night of play?
Did you spend a day within their shoes, unsure if there would even be food?
Or did you praise yourself for your sacrifice and say how others were just being rude?

Did you think about your charity and the difference your help can be?
Or did you only give what you needed to so your soul could feel guilt free?
How would you feel if you only had food for one month out of the year?
Then nobody cared if you're hungry or not, nobody noticed your fear.

Did you really learn about charity? Did you really learn to be kind?
Or did you feel that your life was too busy that you just let it slip from your mind?
Did you learn that all life is a charity, and reward is a thing that you earn?
Say a prayer to Allah for his mercy, then tell me what did you learn.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

Jazakallahu khayr sister Nightwind. What you wrote is so true, i just wish that we as Muslims could unite and truly wish best for one another and actually spend as much of our time and efforts helping others. May Allah unite our Ummah on the truth and make us implement the great Islamic character and personality that we all should have.

sky_012

ahh Islam IS a complete way of life and each day i learn that it is deeper , depper than i used to think; it's not about superifcial things that we think we do; it reaches the deepest areas of our heart

did i learn to be kind? did i learn about charity ? :( Jazak Allah for this poem which made me think and reminded about the fact that if my actions are good and sincere enough and correct them;

why do each time that i think i've increased my faith , i come to know that in fact i only entered the kingdom of faith and perhaps i only touched the doors which lead to faith and nothing more :(

Jazak Allah for this poem