what do i do

zenora

:salam2:
well i really don't know where to start with this post ..bit let me start by saying hi as i am new here...
the reason i signed up is because i deeply need help..although that iam Muslim ....(parents)..but all of my life iv been far away from Islam..from doing drugs..tattoos..s**..think of anything that you would probably die for in Islam i have done....iam really not telling you this because iam proud of it ..no on the contrary...i just think i should be honest ...
recently i started looking at my life and suddenly i came to realize that its a mess.....and if i don't change iam doomed....
for the longest time, i didn't believe in god , and i think its one of the main reason that my life is mess...yet i wonder what can i do ?repent?would god accept it from me after what iv done...
i don't know what to do or were to start ...let me know what you think ?

bemuslim

please pray for me since ALLAH IS PLEASED WITH THE REPNTANT

Remember how Allaah has blessed you by bringing you back to Islam after you have been neglecting salaah, and keep on doing the prayers at the right times. Do more naafil (supererogatory or extra) prayers to make up for the fard (obligatory) prayers that you have missed, as was advised in the saheeh hadeeth narrated by Hurayth ibn Qubaysah, who said: “I came to Madeenah and prayed, ‘O Allaah, send me a righteous companion.’ I went and sat with Abu Hurayrah and said: ‘I asked Allaah to bless me with a righteous companion; tell me a hadeeth that you heard from the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), so that I may benefit therefrom.’ He said: ‘I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say that the first thing for which a person will be brought to account on the Day of Resurrection will be his prayer. If it is sound, he will be successful, and if it is lacking in any way, he will be doomed. If his obligatory prayers are lacking, the Lord will say: “Look and see whether My slave has any voluntary prayers which may be used to make up what is lacking in his obligatory prayers.” Then all his deeds will be examined and dealt with in the same way.’” (Reported by al-Tirmidhi, no. 413; see also Saheeh al-Jaami’, 2020). Abu Dawood reported from Anas ibn Hakeem al-Dabbi that he came to Madeenah and met Abu Hurayrah. He said: “He asked me about my lineage so I told him about it, then he said: ‘O young man, shall I not tell you a hadeeth?’ I said, ‘Of course, may Allaah have mercy on you,’ and I think he mentioned it from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He said: ‘The first thing that people will be asked about on the Day of Resurrection will be their prayers. Our Lord will say to His angels (although He knows best): “Look at My slave’s prayers: are they complete or is something lacking?” If they are complete, they will be recorded as such, but if something is lacking, He will say: “Look and see if My slave has any voluntary prayers to his credit.” If this proves to be the case, He will say: “Make up his (missing) obligatory prayers with his voluntary prayers.” Then the rest of his deeds will be dealt with in the same manner.’” (Saheeh al-Jaami’, 2571)

praise be to Allaah for the great blessing which He has bestowed upon you by guiding you to the way of truth after you had been astray, and for your return to Him after you had been a sinner, neglecting His laws. We ask Him, may He be glorified, to complete His favour upon you by guiding you further and making you adhere steadfastly to His religion. As regards what you should do about your past and how you can make up for what you have missed, you will find detailed answers in the book “.."I Want to Repent, But...",

With regard to du’aa’s to do with repentance that you can recite every day and whilst at work, al-hamdulillah there are many such du’aa’s, among the greatest of which are as follows:

“Rabbi’ghfir wa’rham wa anta khayru’l-raahimeen (My Lord! Forgive and show mercy, for You are the Best of those who show mercy!)” [al-Mu’minoon 23:118 – interpretation of the meaning].

“Rabbanaa ‘ghfar lanaa dhunoobanaa wa israafanaa fi amrinaa (Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and transgressions (in keeping our duties to You).” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:147 – interpretation of the meaning].

Shaddaad ibn Aws (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The best prayer for seeking forgiveness is to say: ‘Allaahumma anta rabbi la ilaaha illa anta, Khalaqtani wa ana ‘abduka wa ana ‘ala ‘ahdika wa wa’dika ma astata’t. A’oodhu bika min sharri ma sana’tu, aboo’u laka bi ni’matika ‘alayya wa aboo’u laka bi dhanbi, faghfir li fa innahu laa yaghfiru’l-dhunoob illaa anta (O Allaah, You are my Lord. None has the right to be worshipped but You. You created me and I am Your slave, and I am faithful to my covenant and my promise (to You) as much as I can. I seek refuge with You from all the evil I have done. I acknowledge before You all the blessings You have bestowed upon me, and I confess to You all my sins. So I entreat You to forgive my sins, for nobody can forgive sins except You).” Whoever says this during the day, having faith in it and dies before the evening comes, will be among the people of Paradise, and whoever says it during the night, having faith in it, and dies before the morning comes, will be among the people of Paradise.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 5831).

Abu Moosa reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to recite the following du’aa’: “Allaahumma’ghfir li khatee’ati wa jahli wa israafi fi amri wa maa anta a’lam bihi minni. Allaahumma’ghfir li jiddi wa hazli wa khata’i wa ‘amdi wa kullu dhaalika ‘indi. Allaahumma’ghfir li maa qaddamtu wa maa ajjartu wa ma asrartu wa maa a’lamtu wa maa anta a’lam bihi minni. Anta’l-muqaddim wa anta’l-mu’akhkhir wa anta ‘ala kulli shay’in qadeer ( Allaah, forgive me for my sin. My ignorance and my transgression (in keeping my duty to You), and whatever You know about me better than I do. O Allaah, forgive me for sins committed in earnest and in jest, by mistake and deliberately, and I have done all of that. O Allaah, forgive me for what I have done in the past and what I will do in the future, what I have done in secret and what I have done openly, and whatever You know about me better than I do. You are the One Who raises and lowers people’s status, and You are Able to do all things).” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 5919, and Muslim, 4896. This version reported by Muslim).

Ibn ‘Umar reported that the people counted for the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when he recited one hundred times in one gathering: “Raabi’ghfir li wa tubb ‘alayya innaka anta’l-tawwaab ul-ghafoor (My Lord, forgive me and accept my repentance, for You are the Acceptor or Repentance, the All-Forgiving).” (Reported by al-Tirmidhi, 3356. He said, This is a ghareeb saheeh hasan hadeeth). May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
:salam2:

Welcome to the TTI forum brother Zenora,

This is a good sign and insha'Allah a turn towards improving yourself, and that you realised the fact that these things you mentioned (which a lot of young people fall into), even though they seem at the first sight ok, and fun and being young...living your life..at the end you realise that happiness does not come from those things no matter how much "joy" you experience during that time.

True joy and happiness is where your hearts finds rest, that is knowing the purpose of life and the reason for our creation, turning to Allah (swt), asking Him for forgiveness and trying to be a good and virtuous servant of His, and performing the Prayer (Salah), and remembering Allah (swt).

For everyone sins, but the best ones are those who realise that they were wrong and try to improve themselves and repent to Allah (swt).

O My slaves, you err night and day, but I forgive all sins, so ask Me for forgiveness and I will forgive you.” [Muslim]

"And those who have committed illegal sexual intercourse or wronged themselves with evil remember Allaah and ask for forgiveness for their sins – and none can forgive sins but Allaah – and do not persist in what (wrong) they have done, while they know."3:135

"And whoever does evil or wrongs himself but afterwards seeks Allaah’s forgiveness, he will find Allaah Oft Forgiving, Most Merciful."4:110

There are some very useful threads insha'Allah here brother:

question regarding repentance

Conditions of tawbah (repentance)

“How can I get rid of my sin?”

Stick around here to learn more, and try your best to purify yourself with Prayer, Dua, and Remembrance of Allah (swt), and insha'Allah you will feel the difference as all of us did.

wasalaam.

sky_012

assalam U Alikum sister

first of all, welcome to this community ! i hope u'll learn a lot of things and that's what we are all doing here

secondly, i think first of all , you should be thankfull, really really thankfull to Allah SWT that he showed you and guided you and gave you the opportunity to realize your mistakes, sister we all make mistakes, and you don't have to tell them openly to feel better and start a new life, just realizing them, and realizing that Allah SWT Hide your mistakes all this time and now showed you Guidance, you are blessed my sister and Inshallah if day per day you start living a more organised life according to Quran and Sunnah you'll feel Inshallah better , really, but till there be patient and keep asking forigveness as much as you can, beleive me, now perhaps you are beeing sad and regreting your mistakes but i repeat we all do mistakes , all! but the thing is that now be thankfull Allah SWT opened your eyes and if He wanted He would have led all of us astray, be thankfull , Allah SWT Gave you the opportunity to repent while you are still alive!

so first of all, start praying 5 times a day knowing the translation of what you are saying during prayer :) it's really important and it helped meeeee a looooot, sincerely

if you can't read many pages , you can strat by only reading one page of Quran With translation every day !

you can attribute yourself a time when you are free to come here and browse, and read the interesting articles ! there is a section just for articles on different topics, read one or two articles per day and try to meditate on them

here you'll find very pious and aknowledged members , they will all help you whenever you need an answer about some question and will help you to stick on the right path

try to give to start 5 or 5 minutes to perform dikhr, u can only read the qalima for instance

never loose hope, if you are sincere toward Allah SWT and toward yourself , you'll be forgiven Inshallah , sheytan will try to make you fall down again , so be strong , because it's when you want to change oyur situation that sheytan is more present because he knows we are not strong enough in the beginning and tries to push us in our past

try to learn about Our teacher, Our Prophet, learn a little part of his biography every day "the sealed nectar " u can find it on google :)

these are the little things that helped me a lot to change my way of life and correct myself

just pray sincerely , with hope, try improvinng step by step but surely sothat u'll never risk to fall down ...or be led astray due to sheytan

i pray Allah SWT guide us all and forgive us for our sins Ameen

:wassalam:

sky_012

sorry for the double post but the time i took to write my post my brothers and sisters had alreeady given you great advice and information based on sunnah and hadith and on great articles

Jazak Allah :)

:wasssalam:

zenora

thank you very much guys for such support...and i have to say that yes i guess iam one of the lucky once...i guess its never 2 late...
anyway i am going to read some of the posts that you told me about and hopefully learn how to clean up before prayer the right way as i haven't done that in over 20 year....again thank you all i really needed the push..i have stopped doing drugs 2 days ago and iam going through hell..cant sleep..very depressed..add to that that i feel very bad and cant stop thinking about the past ...yet the most thing that scares me is the fact that i am afraid that i am going relapse ..maybe praying would take my mind of it...

faiz_fauzi

Assalamualaikum!

Past is past.U can never turn back time.Predicting the future will scare u because as a human being we always predict bad things.BUT LIVE FOR TODAY!Today is ur day.Ur past put it all in a metal box,chain it and throw it away.Far far away and never tend to open it again.Because it is suicidal.Live for today.Live like u will never see the sun tomorrow!SO do what u can do for today.Perform ur solah.Keep perfecting it.Try to pray on time.AND make u dua and ask for forgiveness.DONT STOP!KEEP ON DOING IT!Always remember that ALLAH LOVES U!That why HE guide u to the right path.That's the reason why u r here.That why HE gave u chances to repent.SO APPRECIATE IT.Beleive me U R THE LUCKY ONE.U R!All the guidelines has been provided.May all the previous post can help u with u repentance!

JazakALLAHU Khair!
ALLAH knows best!

Praise2Allah

Salam Alaikom brother. I just have one piece of advice to you if you may hear it .. read the prophets biography peace be upon him, by doing so you will read how he suffered, much more then me, and much more than you or what your going to go through, and by doing so, it will help you stay on the right path inshAllah. Its called Muhammed its written by Martin Lings you can find it on amazon. May Allah bless you till eternity and make you one of the bestest Muslims.

Praise2Allah

I was the same as you, after reading the prophets biography, (not only the book I gave you) I loved Allah, the prophet, and Islam, and with that I knew that this life is so irrelevant to care about, exactly as the prophet said it was when they were walking (his companions) with him and they saw a dead cat and he pointed at her and said that this is the dunya (this life). Its nothing compared to the hereafter. This is just a test and I pray to Allah that we pass it. Plus keep in mind brother that in Islam:

Book 032, Number 6242:

Abu Sa'id and abu Huraira reported that they heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Never a believer is stricken with discomfort, hardship or illness, grief or even with mental worry that his sins are not expiated for him.

Book 032, Number 6241:

'A'isha reported: I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: There is nothing (in the form of trouble) that comes to a believer even if it is the pricking of a thorn that there is decreed for him by Allah good or his sins are obliterated.

Book 032, Number 6235:

'Abdullah reported: I visited Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as he was running high temperature. I touched his body with my bard and said to him: Allah's Messenger, you are running high temperature, whereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Yes, it is so. I comparatively have a more severe fever than any one of you. I said: Is it because there is a double reward in store for you? Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Yes, it is so. And Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) again said: When a Muslim falls ill, his compensation is that his minor sins are obliterated just as leaves fall (in autumn).

So hang in there brother, Allah is cleaning you of your sins, read the prophets biography as I said, and of course, the Quran. It is an under estimated book unfortanetly by Muslims like you and me who didnt care about relegion.
http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/scientific_index.html
This site is about the Quran scientific miracles to get you excited and pumped up.

Peace be upon you.

MubarekMuslimah

Salaams

I would like to second all the good sound advice given here - masha'allah.

I would like to say in addition that you can start with saying shahadah - the declaration of faith, as you said you had spent time not belivieing in God and now this has changed. Clearly Allah swt is guiding you as you are assessing you life and have come to realise that Allah swt and Islam is how it should be - congratulations on this and alhamdulillah! Allahu Akbar! May Allah swt reward you, ameen.

Now you have realised this in your heart - express it with your mouth - say the words La Ilaha Illallaha Muhammdur Rasoulallah and seek forgiveness and guidance from Allah swt.

Also - read the Qur'an - it is medicine for the soul, alhamdulillah. Read it anc think about it and consider it and immerse yourself in it - it will help with all the emotions you are feeling, it will calm your soul and heal your heart. It is the direct word of Allah swt - let Him talk to you.

Good luck sister and may Allah swt bless and guide you.

Salaams

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum.

welcome to the website. I can't imagine what it might be for you right now, but always remember that people have gone through worse, and that Allah has given you a wonderful blessing because you are able to change your life. For some people the Angel of Death comes before they get such a chance.

After every hardship there is ease. So even though now, here, at this time, things may seem hard, but there will be ease, whether here or in the hereafter. Always remember this, in the worst of times it always gives me a push. :)

Also, Here the Quranic recitation AS MUCH AS YOU CAN. I'm serious, it helps!!

I mean, i don't know about the rest of the people here, but when you listen to the Quran, it seems that all evil is purged from my mind. You can just sink into the beauty of it, and it's a constant reminder of Allah (swt).

Here's the Place for Quranic Recitation-Videos on the forum.

Give it a try, inshallah it will help.

Wassalam.