what do I wear to my shahada?

erica5127

I hope to take my shahada very soon, but I was looking for what exactly the gide-lines are for my clothes, any ideas are welcome.

GAZIJA

Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum sister,

I do not think there is any specific cloths you should wear. You should be dressed modest, as a Muslimah and that should be it.

May Allah guide you to the right path and give you blessings of both worlds. Ameen.:SMILY209:

weselam

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
I hope to take my shahada very soon, but I was looking for what exactly the gide-lines are for my clothes, any ideas are welcome.

hello my sweetie , I am very happy to hear that , Thanks for Allah :)

First u have to take a shower , coz you'll start a new clean life and then say the testifying .
about your clothes , I'm a female and we r as muslims female have to wear
conservative clothes in front of foreigners men , we have to cover our faces from them . but certainly in front of women , brothers , fathers , sons , nephews , husbands .. ect . we dont :)
Islam asked us to do that to prevent bad things such as ravishments and to protect children , u know that there are many homeless children in non- islamic countries and they suffer so much :(

as well as to make us as valuebales pearls , here the men respect us very much coz we're really valuebale women , as well as we don't have much ravishments " thanks for Allah " because Hejab make us more expensive than pearls & diamonds :)

you can start with wearing headscarf in front of strange men .
I see that u r 14 , women start covering after adulthood , I mean after the first menstruation .
I know there are many difficulties for u in ur country but make sure Allah is the most merciful and he will forgive .. Allah is Great :)

If you come to SA and visit to the two holy mosques in Makkah and Madeenah , you'll feel as you've got world's happiness between your hands , believe me .

In sha'a Allah you will
I'm very happy for you although I don't know you , only from this forum but I love you in sake of Allah

Take care my sweetie , May Allah protect you

Ur sister .. Fatima ..

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
hello sister

'm very happy for you ,,may Allah keep u firm in emaan
n make things easy for uuuuu
Allahuakber
see you soon as a muslimah
take care

cookiedough-123

salam alikum sister

inshALLAH u will revert soon my prayers are with u. it il be the best thing u ever did trust me. lol. i reverted a few months a go.ur at a good age when i was ur age i was interested in islam . i reverted later on alhumduALLAH. praise be to ALLAH .
i took my shadha at home with two witness and i took a bath after awards and i never had such a goood shower afterwards i could feel the old isns comin off and i became a new person . some say to take a shower but when u take ur shadaha u want to take the old u away. what ever is best ALLAH knows. if u need anything give me a pm im happy to help

:tti_sister:

khadijah

rtbour

american muslima
asalaamu alaikum. you need to wear a covering clothes. assuming you don't have too much in the way of modest clothing, at least wear a long sleeve shirt with a high neck, a long skirt or pants (loose if you have it) and a head scarf. not everyone believes you have to cover your face. you will have to decide for yourself what you believe is accurate in regards to that, but you at least need to wear a head scarf. if you dont know how to do it, there are plenty of youtube videos that will show you how to wear the scarf and keep it in place. inshaAllah, you'll do just fine. =)

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Assalamu Aleykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaathuh dearly respected sister Erica, Alhamdulillah, Praise be to the Lord, that you have made the decision to become a Muslim. :)

Sister, all I suggest you wear are loose clothes (and I would suggest EXTREMELY loose pants, if you are going to wear any, because I don't want to even imagine the kind of dirt looks that males might give you), and also, it'd be good too if you didn't have any make up on your face, and it'd be also good if you could get a sister to wrap a head scarf around your head, so that any male that looks at you won't get any impure thoughts in his mind (a male's feelings are WILD, trust me :wink:).

And also sister, another thing is that you can NOT shake hands or hug any male, in Islam, a Muslim women can ONLY hug or shake hands with a female, so if you take your Shahadah, and any man comes to "hug" you (very stupid guys WOULD do this) or shake your hand, then step back and say to him that you don't want to (and if any non Muslim man does the same to you, tell him that you cannot shake hands with the opposite gender for religious reasons), and IF the guy still persists (just in case), look at him in a disgusted way and move away from him.

Wallahi sister Erica, it is the BEAUTIFULLEST thing when you become a Muslim, a Beleiver (a Muslim means the one who's religion is Islam, or who claims that his religion is Islam; and a Mumin (moot-meen) means a Beleiver in The Lord and his Revelations), it just makes you break into tears when you finally find the truth, and THAT is the beautifullest thing about Islam, that those who embrace it FULLY, always get to the point that they might break into tears because of how happy they are that they HAVE found the TRUTH.

An example:

[yt]7LxSbfZsZ6w[/yt]

I hope that you will LOVE being a Muminah siser Erica, Wallahi, it's the most BEAUTIFULLEST thing to be a Muminah, a Beleiving Muslim Women, because you will be a QUEEN, sister Erica. :)

I must leave now to do Isha (prayer), but I'll see you soon sister Erica. Farewell sister, and...........

kiki18

yay!!!!!! sister!!!! u make me so happy:):):):)

just wear very modest clothes, andu'll be fine :D

did u tell ur parents yet?

ahh sister really u made very happy :D

assalam aleykum

Prosperous

asthagfirullah
assalamalaikum warahmathullah ,
MashaAllah...you make me happy by letting me know some very good things are happening around me indeed..alhamdhulillah..I pray to Allah(swt) to make your new life wasy for you and make your iman strong.ameen.
:wasalam:

erica5127

no, I havent, but I will have to soon, I just hope they are ok with it and take me seriously. thanks for all the ideas!!