What do you call this

mehwish_101

:salam2:

I am very confused, i have been for a while for its so mind boggling. You want to know why?

I see women going to learn Quran in the morning but when they comeback, they free mix with non mehram even though the women have hijab but its like being in a party with hijabi women, they talk and laugh as if there were no men.

I hear the same women telling me ahadith but the next moment they tell me they have to hurry up because its their child's "grand birthday party" tonight.

I see men eating non zabiha meat (not pork but non zabiha) with the argument that they are in a non muslim country plus they say zabiha is not done properly so why bother and the same brother leads us in prayer in the evening.

I have seen people threatened with divorce if they dont sing the songs for "happy anniversary or birthday" and dont exchange gifts while the person making the threat is a "practicing" muslim.

I know someone who was threatened to sign a document giving the other half a substantial amount (more than 5k £) which in no way belonged to the beneficiary (the beneficiary here is "strictly practicing").

These are all real incidents, i have mentioned no names so it wont fall in the category of slander. I have dont my best telling them what they do is not right but they seem to have an answer and alibi for everything....

so what should i do...:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

We have to step away from that which does not concern us. These people have made the choice as to how they are faithful. Now, we have to concern ourselves with ourselves and those who happen to be on the same step on the Path.
We can not dwell on their wrong. We can dwell on how to right ourselves. Thereby we have to put our faith into action.

Ahsen

Hypocrites are everywhere.If you don't like something then listen from one ear and exit from the other.

mehwish_101

I would not pay any attention to these but the fact is i have been effected by this blackmail and hypocrisy first hand and it has left me deeply wounded and depressed, so much so that i was on the brink of mental meltdown. This money was much needed when i was shamelessly blackmailed and ironically i m to blame for this and other losses i have had. I think i need to change friends.

Ws

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Sister, why do people do such things? Its because Islam is perfect and Muslims are not (that phrase is being used constantly in this forum actually). And that is the reality of this world.

While I disagree that we must only concern about ourselves, about our own wrongdoings, it is also our responsibility towards our brothers and sisters in Islam to enjoin them to goodness and to forbid them from evilness while not forgetting to do a muhaasabah (reflection) upon ourselves too (all the time). So, sister, you've done your part to correct them as best as you can and now it is up to Allaah to guide them to the true path. Do not give up making dua'a for your friends/neighbours. InshaAllaah, who knows that someday, some years, they'll realized their wrongdoings and come back to Allaah truthfully.

And yes, I fully agree that you should try to find friends who will help you to increase you rememberance of Allaah. Not that you have to abandon your current friends totally, but being among the pious will help one to feel motivated to be like the pious, inshaAllaah.

In a Hadith, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:
"The example of a good companion and a bad companion is like that of the seller of musk, and the one who blows the blacksmith's bellows (respectively). So as for the seller of musk then either he will grant you some, or you buy some from him, or at least you enjoy a pleasant smell from him. As for the one who blows the blacksmith's bellows then either he will burn your clothes or you will get an offensive smell from him." [Bukhari & Muslim]

Take care, sister. Wa'alaykummusalam wa rahmatullah.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2: sister,

we are living in end times. the iman is weak and circumstances are tough. not all are hypocrites. only Allah knows that.

try to tell others abt Allah and reality of Hereafter and Islam. if they listen good, otherwise try to protect ur iman frm bad influence sister. its our greatest treasure afterall.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
salam alaikum

when these things make you upset/confused,
go and see them who are practicing and maintaining Islam
where they try their best and they don't let any chance to miss the rulings of Islam
where millions of non-Muslims coming to Islam, for the beauty and the purity of Islam
and go and see them who:
are being tortured every now and then, but don't let their head bow before the evil/injustice,
go and see them:
who fight for the cause of Allah, leaving, everything, everything behind their back/sight, just depending on Allah

may Allah ease your feelings
peace be with you

JazakAllah khair
wassalam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Lower your gaze..and do something worthwhile. Why concentrate on them when you can use your energy in a positive way.