What Does Anticipation Mean?

moomina

What Does Anticipation Mean?

My beloved ones on the path of Allah,

Scholars have said that anticipation is: the initiative to seek reward and obtain it using different types of good actions, and doing them in the required manner in order to seek their reward.

In other words, anticipation is an intention to gain the fruits that are promised for a certain good deed, and this – naturally – is an action of the heart not the tongue, that leads the self to be keen, the heart to look forward to, and determination to seek the great rewards behind this good deed.

Allah has asked us to seek Paradise and to work for it. He says: And whoever desires the Hereafter and strives for it, with the necessary effort due for it while he is a believer, then such are the ones whose striving shall be appreciated, thanked and rewarded (by Allah).al-Isra 19

Therefore the striving which will be rewarded is the striving of he who desires the Hereafter.

He says: and whoever desires a reward in the Hereafter, We shall give him thereof. And We shall reward the grateful. [al-Imran 145]

Doing good deeds is promised to be granted great rewards in return, in order for the good servant to anticipate these rewards. In this way, the anticipation motivates us and drives us towards Allah, Exalted and Glorified is He.

My beloved brothers and sisters,

There are great benefits in anticipation, because it is:

(1) A form of compliance to the order of Allah and following His messenger (may peace and blessings be upon him.

(2) An evidence of good faith and perfect Islam.

(3) A path towards sincerity, away from hypocrisy; because one would not await thanking or appreciation from anyone in return for doing good deeds anymore.

(4) A sign of good trust in Allah.

(5) A way to make one satisfied, happy-hearted and confident in what the Lord is saving for His servants.

(6) A tool to purify the good deeds and add more blessing to them, so that one's account of faith increases.

(7) A reason to strengthen one's determination and charge one's will.

(8) A method to increases one's rank in the Eyes of his/her Lord. For the messenger of Allah (may peace and blessings be upon him) said to Saad bin Abi Waqqas, "Verily, any deed you do in which you sincerely seek Allah's pleasure will raise you in ranks and honor." [Bukhari]

(9) Finally, having anticipation all the time makes one's life full of acts of worship, and worship is a wide path leading to the love of Allah.

(10) Through anticipation you will be granted rewards of deeds you couldn't do for a legitimate excuse. The prophet (may peace and blessings be upon him) said,"If a servant falls ill or travels temporarily, he will be rewarded exactly the same as what he used to do when he was healthy and residing in his town."[Bukhari]

My friend,

The study of the intentions and _object_ives of good deeds is one of the most important things that should be addressed by any serious worker for the Hereafter.

It was reported that Yahya bin Abi Katheer said: "Learn your intentions; for they are more important than the deeds themselves."

We have to learn how to evoke the right intentions for our good deeds; this processed requires training which can be done through reading the wisdoms of the Salaf1 regarding the very special hints and secrets of worships, the collection of virtues that Islam brought in all aspects of life and then establishing these intentions inside the heart.

We may ask: Why can we not find - for example - in the words of the Salaf what should be anticipated in each deed if anticipation had this importance?

The answer: Because those people had clean, pure hearts; hearts that were so attached to Allah that light was coming out of them, therefore they were anticipating by their pure instinct.

Ubay bin Ka'b said,“There was a man from the Ansaar2 whom I did not know anyone who lived farther away from the mosque than he did. He never missed prayers, and so he was told once: if you bought a donkey to ride during the darkness and the heat.”
He replied, “I would not be pleased if my house was next to mosque. I want my footpath to the mosque and my return to be written in my records.” The prophet – may peace and blessings upon him – said, “Allah has collected all of that for you.”

In another narration, “and I went to him and said, 'why don't you buy a donkey to avoid the heat and the insects of earth?' He said, 'By Allah, I would not even wish to have my house next door of the Muhammad's house.' So I actually dragged him all the way until we reached the prophet – may peace and blessings be upon him – and I told him what the man said, and the prophet called the man and told him that he will get what he hoped for, 'You shall be given what you have anticipated.' said the prophet – may peace and blessings be upon him.” [narrated by Muslim and Ibn Maja – and the latter is the narrator in this way and was classified as Sahih by alAlbani]

This is how they lived - may Allah be pleased with them -. As for us, we still need to learn how to make intentions, how to anticipate the reward and how to struggle with ourselves to apply these meanings until they result in morals.

So, come join us... Let us all open the pages of good deeds that should be done in Ramadan on its two wings "faith and anticipation", while asking Allah for support and guidance; for He is the Owner of those and the most Capable to give them.

To be Continued: At The Athan of Maghrib Prayer On The Last Day of Sha'baan

1Salaf (predecessors): Early Muslim generations, usually refers to the righteous Muslims in the first three generations. (the translator)

2Ansaar (Supporters): The Muslim citizens of the Medina who received the prophet and the immigrants with him from Mecca and supported them. (the translator)

moomina

A Day In Ramadan: Faith and Anticipation

By sheikh Hany Hilmy

"To read the previous articles .... http://www.manhag.net/mam/component...Itemid,158/func,view/catid,85/id,38520/#38520 "

And after Athan, your supplications are answered,if Allah wills....

According to Abdullah Ibn Amr that the messenger of Allah, may Allah send prayers and peace upon him, said: "Say as they say (means the Muazeneen). If you finish then supplicate and Allah will answer you". [Narrated by Imam Ahmad and Abu Dawood and Al Nisaee and Ibn Habban and corrected by Al Albani 4403 in Sahih Al Jame'e].

It is better to listen to the Athan in the Mosque following in that our righteous ancestors.. Saeed Ibn Al Moseyed (may Allah have mercy upon him), explained that he never missed the congregational prayer performed at the mosque for over forty years. He was listening to the Athan from the Muazen at the mosque.

If not, then reply the call of prayer. Don’t lean to life and it is trivial issues. You will never get what Allah has except by His obedience. And there is no good in something that prevents you from the remembrance of Allah or prevents from praying. Are you going to comply?

May Allah send prayers and peace upon him, said: "if you hear the Athan, reply the call of Allah" (Narrated by At Tabarani in Al Kabeer and corrected by Al Albani 609 in Sahih Al Jannah].

Now, prepare yourself for the prayer. The first thing is to perform ablution:

Perform the ablution, and have this meaning in you heart: Oh Allah who purifies the bodies with water, purify my heart with repentance from sins. If you finish the ablution, say I bear witness that there is no God but Allah with no partner and that Mohammad is His slave and messenger.

And anticipate with that:

1- Expiation of the sins from the parts you wash during the ablution. Hopefully the traces of sins depart the heart. May Allah send prayers and peace upon him, said: "if the Muslim performs the ablution his sins will get out from his ears, his eyes, his hands, and his feet.. So, if he finishes, he will be forgiven". [Narrated by Ahmad and Al Tabarani and Al Albani said Hassan 448 in Sahih Al Jamie].

2- Achieving half of your faith.

May Allah send prayers and peace upon him, said: "The ablution is half of the faith of a believer [Narrated by Muslim].

3- The greatest reason to forgive your sins especially when it is cold

May Allah send prayers and peace upon him, said: "three things, Performing a perfect ablution during the hard times (like cold), walking to the mosques and waiting for the prayer after the prayer … All those three expiate you from sins completely [Narrated by Abu Ya'ala and Al Hakim, Al Baihaqi and corrected by Al Albani 926 in Sahih Al Jamei].

4- If you sustain ablution, you will be a believer

May Allah send prayers and peace upon him, said: "Only the believer will remain with his ablution (sustaining it at all times). [Narrated by Ibn Majah, At Tabarani and corrected by Al Albani 953 in Sahih Al Jamei].

5- You will have Ghurah (special mark) during the day of resurrection. May Allah send prayers and peace upon him, said: "My people will be called on the day of resurrection and they will be Ghuraran Muhajaleen (with a special mark) as a result of their ablution." [Agreed upon].

And don't forget the Siwak. It is the reason for the satisfaction of the Merciful and recommended by the prophet may Allah send prayers and peace upon him. May Allah send prayers and peace upon him, said: "Siwak is a purification for the mouth and satisfaction for the Lord". [Narrated by Al Nisaee and Ibn Khuzaima in their Sahih and corrected by Al Albani 209 in Sahih At Targheeb].

May Allah send prayers and peace upon him, said: "If I had not found it hard for my followers or the people, I would have ordered them to clean their teeth with siwak for every prayer.and to make ablution before each prayer”. [Narrated by Ahmad and Al Albani said Hassan Sahih 200 in Sahih At Targheeb].

And after finishing the ablution, say: I bear witness that there is no God but Allah alone with no partner and his Mohammad is his slave and messenger. How perfect is Allah and I praise you, I bear witness that there is no God but you, ask Your forgiveness and turn to you in repentance.

And anticipate by performing this that the eight doors of paradise will open for you. This is a great gift saved for you to be unfolded on the day of resurrection.

May Allah send prayers and peace upon him, said: : " If anyone amongst you performs the ablution, and then completes the ablution well and then says: I testify that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is the servant of Allah and His Messenger, the eight gates of paradise would be opened for him and he may enter by whichever of them he wishes. ". [Narrated by Muslim].

May Allah send prayers and peace upon him, said: "whoever performs the ablution and said how perfect is Allah and I praise You, I bear witness that there is no God but You ask your forgiveness and turn to you in repentance. This will be written and then will be kept in a container which will never be broken until the Day of Judgment." [Narrated by Al Tabarani in Al Awsatt and it the chain of Al Sahih and narrated by Al Nisaee and he said at the end of the Hadith it will be stamped and put under the throne and will never be broken until the day of judgment (look to Sahih At Targheeb 225).

To be Continued .... Praying Maghrib on time at the Mosque

moomina

A Day In Ramadan: Faith*!*!and Anticipation
*!By sheikh Hany Hilmy

*!
"To read the previous articles .... http://www.manhag.net/mam/component...Itemid,158/func,view/catid,85/id,38520/#38520 "
And after Athan, your supplications are answered,if Allah wills.... *!

*!
According to Abdullah Ibn Amr that the messenger of Allah, may Allah send prayers and peace upon him, said:*! "Say as they say (means the Muazeneen).*! If you finish then supplicate and Allah will answer you".*! [Narrated by Imam Ahmad and Abu Dawood and Al Nisaee and Ibn Habban and corrected by Al Albani 4403 in Sahih Al Jame'e].

*!
It is better to listen to the Athan in the Mosque following in that our righteous ancestors..*! Saeed Ibn Al Moseyed (may Allah have mercy upon him), explained that he never missed the congregational prayer performed at the mosque for over forty years.*! He was listening to the Athan from the Muazen at the mosque. *!

*!
If not, then reply the call of prayer.*! Don’t lean to life and it is trivial issues. You will never get what Allah has except by His obedience.*! And there is no good in something that prevents you from the remembrance of Allah or prevents from praying.*! Are you going to comply?*!
*!

May Allah send prayers and peace upon him, said:*! "if you hear the Athan, reply the call of Allah" (Narrated by At Tabarani in Al Kabeer and corrected by Al Albani 609 in Sahih Al Jannah].
*!
Now, prepare yourself for the prayer.*! The first thing is to perform ablution:
*!
Perform the ablution, and have this meaning in you heart:*! Oh Allah who purifies the bodies with water, purify my heart with repentance from sins.*! If you finish the ablution, say I bear witness that there is no God but Allah with no partner and that Mohammad is His slave and messenger.*!
*!

*!
And anticipate with that:*!
*! *!
1- Expiation of the sins from the parts you wash during the ablution.*! Hopefully the traces of sins depart the heart.*! May Allah send prayers and peace upon him, said:*! "if the Muslim performs the ablution his sins will get out from his ears, his eyes, his hands, and his feet.. *!*!So, if he finishes, he will be forgiven".*! [Narrated by Ahmad and Al Tabarani and Al Albani said Hassan 448 in Sahih Al Jamie].

*!
2- Achieving half of your faith.

*!
May Allah send prayers and peace upon him, said:*! "The ablution is half of the faith of a believer*! [Narrated by Muslim].*!

*!
3- The greatest reason to forgive your sins especially when it is cold

*!
May Allah send prayers and peace upon him, said:*! "three things, Performing a perfect ablution during the hard times (like cold), walking to the mosques and waiting for the prayer after the prayer … All those three expiate you from sins completely*! [Narrated by Abu Ya'ala and Al Hakim, Al Baihaqi and corrected by Al Albani 926 in Sahih Al Jamei].
*!
4- If you sustain ablution, you will be a believer
*!
*! May Allah send prayers and peace upon him, said:*! "Only the believer will remain with his ablution (sustaining it at all times).*! [Narrated by Ibn Majah, At Tabarani and corrected by Al Albani 953 in Sahih Al Jamei].*!
*!
5- You will have Ghurah (special mark) during the day of resurrection.*! May Allah send prayers and peace upon him, said:*! "My people will be called on the day of resurrection and they will be Ghuraran Muhajaleen (with a special mark) as a result of their ablution."*! [Agreed upon].*!
*! *!
And don't forget the Siwak. It is the reason for the satisfaction of the Merciful and recommended by the prophet may Allah send prayers and peace upon him.*! May Allah send prayers and peace upon him, said:*! "Siwak is a purification for the mouth and satisfaction for the Lord".*! [Narrated by Al Nisaee and Ibn Khuzaima in their Sahih and corrected by Al Albani 209 in Sahih At Targheeb].
*!
May Allah send prayers and peace upon him, said:*!*! "If I had not found it hard for my followers or the people, I would have ordered them to clean their teeth with siwak for every prayer.and to make ablution before each prayer”.*! [Narrated by Ahmad and Al Albani said Hassan Sahih 200 in Sahih At Targheeb].
*!

*!And after finishing the ablution, say:*! I bear witness that there is no God but Allah alone with no partner and his Mohammad is his slave and messenger.*! How perfect is Allah and I praise you,*! I bear witness that there is no God but you, ask Your forgiveness and turn to you in repentance.
*!

*! And anticipate by performing this that the eight doors of paradise will open for you.*! This is a great gift saved for you to be unfolded on *!the day of resurrection.*!

*!
May Allah send prayers and peace upon him, said:*! :*! " If anyone amongst you performs the ablution, and then completes the ablution well and then says: I testify that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is the servant of Allah and His Messenger, the eight gates of paradise would be opened for him and he may enter by whichever of them he wishes. *!".*! [Narrated by Muslim].*!
*!
*!
*!

*!
May Allah send prayers and peace upon him, said:*! "whoever performs the ablution and said how perfect is Allah and I praise You, I bear witness that there is no God but You ask your forgiveness and turn to you in repentance.*! This will be written and then will be kept in a container which will never be broken until the Day of Judgment."*! [Narrated by Al Tabarani in Al Awsatt and it the chain of Al Sahih and narrated by Al Nisaee and he said at the end of the Hadith it will be stamped and put under the throne and will never be broken until the day of judgment (look to Sahih At Targheeb 225).*!*!*!*!
*! *!
To be Continued .... Praying Maghrib on time at the Mosque