What has passed of your life will not return to you!

The_truth

What has passed of your life will not return to you!

One of the pious predecessors wrote to one of his brothers:"Oh my brother, it appears to you as if you are a resident (In this world). However, you are really only persistently travelling, and you are moving rapidly. Death is heading towards you, and this life is passing behind you. What has passed of your life will not return to you (in order to rectify it) on the Day of Resurrection."

So this short life is passing by us so rapidly. How often we think to ourselves how fast time is passing us by? This life is our ONLY opportunity to gain success in the Hereafter and after this opportunity has passed us then we will NEVER be able to gain back such a chance ever again.

Abû Hâzim said,"The merchandise of the hereafter is in little demand. It is about to be spent with no one obtaining it except a few, not many."

How much we crave for materialistic things which have many defects and are temporary and they are NOTHING compared to the merchandise of the Hereafter which hace no defects and will last forever! Such merchandise can only be gained through good righteous deeds.

So let us grab as much merchandise of the Hereafter as we can right now as tomorrow is not guaranteed and after death we will NEVER gain this opportunity again.

Therefore it is crucial upon the believer to take advantage of what remains from his life. In explanation of this, it is said:

"the remainder of the believer's life is priceless."

Sa'îd ibn Jubayr said, "Each day the believer lives, is a treasure."

Wanryoku Sugoi

Need to find my Muslim Queen <3
Salam, Jazakumallahu khair. I needed this reminder.

I'm just a traveller. Some people join me in my travels, some people leave. I was never a materialistic person, but I'm at the stage in my life where I need to let people go so I can move on to greener pastures.

Insha Allah you will be able to move on toward your goals too. This world is whatever you make it out to be. It is truly a land of opportunity where anything goes and anyone can attain success in this life AND the hereafter. My advice is to not be completely serious and shut people out. It's not always a good idea to be negative just because the world around you is negative. Some people might be trying to get close to you and they may or may not be good people. Only Allah knows what's in their hearts. All you have to do is put your trust in Allah and hope for the best.

If these people betrayed you before, then it's completely understandable why you are on the path you're on. If that's the case, then I wouldn't blame you at all. You don't have to take my word for it, but I'm just speaking from experience.

The_truth

You desire this world when the hereafter is better for you!

In the Qur'an we find this world & the next world described in the following terms:
"Yes you prefer the life of this world, but the next world is better & more lasting." 87:16-17

"You desire the attractions of this world, but Allah desires the next world for you." 8:67

"And they are happy with the life of this world, but the life of this world is small comfort compared to the next world." 13:26

Then why are we sacrificing the hereafter for this world?