What impressed you in Islam?

Muslim-life

Always Alhamdulilah
Assalamu alaikum my dear sisters and brother,

Hope you are all in the best health and iman :)

I have heard many interesting stories about how people reverted to islam, and mashaAllah I say after every story.

I just miss something in these stories, what in islam did impress You?
I mean, foreinsters i heard a story by a great sheikh on Iqraa TV.
It was about a over commander I think its called. He had worked in the military for 20-30 years. Once he visted his muslim friend and by an accident there were praying maghreb prayer in makkah. This man looked at how people stood in rows and turned the same direction. This impressed him, and he said: I've in many many years tried to place the soldiers in rows and it was one of the most difficult thing. Now so many people turn their faces the same way by words as Allahu Akbar?. Surely there must be a great religion behind this.

He became muslim, said his shahada mashaAllah!

So dear sisters and brothers, especially reverts, what was the first impression you got of islam? :hijabi:

wassalam alaikum warahmatullah

Isra

aka Tree2008
Wa alaikome salam

I reverted in March of 2009 and I remember exactly what first captured my interest in Islam and what it was that totally convinced me Islam is the truth.

One day back in June of 2008 as I was playing around on the computer I happened to find a website that talked about Islam but the thing that interested me was the fact that everytime I moved my mouse the cursor had tiny falling stars that went wherever I aimed my mouse. I know that sounds retarded but really I was so intrigued by the stars that I kept playing on the website making the stars fall everywhere (I think I was really bored that day hahahahahaha)!!! So eventually I got tired of just watching the stars falling and I began to read what the website had to say. That was the beginning for me. After that I wanted to know more and more about Islam so I started using google which is how I found TTI and joined.

I found the website of Sheikh Yusef Estes and it had an offer on the site to mail a Quran for free. I thought "why not?" so I signed up. When the Quran came to my door I took it out of the box and I really wasnt very impressed by the look of it so I put it back in the box and left it in my room. A few days later I decided I would at least TRY to read some of it just as I had tried to read the bible when I was a Christian. My first impression of Quran was that it was much easier to understand than the bible. As I continued to read I began to feel as if the words were written about my life and how I was wondering around in the darkness. I really felt as if hopelessness was the only thing I had left in my life. The feeling I had while reading Quran that day was very intense and something I will never forget!!! By the time I was in the middle of the 2nd surah (the cow) I couldnt read anymore because the tears in my eyes had prevented me from seeing the type on the page. I had to put it down and I went to the shower and just stood under the water crying and crying. I felt that God was trying to reach out to me to answer the questions I always wondered about in my mind........what is the purpose of my life??? Why was I even born??? What purpose does God have in mind for me????

Since that day I have read the Quran cover to cover 9 times now and I have tried so hard to find that particular part which touched me and made me cry so hard but to be honest I have no idea now what exactly it was that I read that day. I just know that it touched me in a way that nothing else in my life has ever touched me and it is the reason I became a Muslim. After reading Quran I was convinced that Islam is the truth and the Quran really is the word of Allah. Alhamdulillah!!!

I am a bit embarrassed to say I have read Quran cover to cover 9 times but I have yet to memorize the surah names in Arabic and where they are located (meaning in what order they appear in Quran). That is my next goal but my ULTIMATE goal is to read Quran in Arabic one day inshallah and Im working on that.

Jazakallah khairan for posting this thread because it is a good idea for all of us to remember why we became Muslims in the first place. Sometimes going through day to day life we might forget so may Allah bless you with reward for the reminder.

Wa salam

Muslim-life

Always Alhamdulilah
JazakiAllahu khairan for sharing this with us... mashaAllah!

May Allah make you succesfull and grant you paradise inshaAllah!

wassalam alaikum warahmatullah :)

Kakorot

:wasalam: wr wb,

I thought I'd share how my father reverted to Islam :ma:

Back in the days he was a musician. He and his band members used to travel a lot to do gigs. Once my dad went to Egypt and heard the athaan coming from a nearby mosque. And he told me he was arrogant at the time, so when he heard the athaan he started laughing to mock the Muslims. And there were two Muslim brothers who saw my dad laughing. One was upset so he was going to go up to my dad but the other brother stopped him and the both of them went in the mosque to pray. So my dad followed them and watched them pray shoulder to shoulder, feet to feet. He never saw this type of worship before. So when he was travelling back to England, he wanted time off to study about the religion. So he went to the mosque and told some brothers there to help him know about Islam. The first day that my dad went to the mosque for lessons, he told me that Islam made complete sense. God's Oneness was explained to him in such a way that he never heard before and it made complete sense because he never believed that Jesus peace be upon him is the son of Allaah. So at the end of that day the uncle who was teaching my dad said to him to go home and come back the next day but my dad said that he said he's not going anywhere until he becomes Muslim. Erm wallaahi when my dad told me this I got goosebumps, it was so amazinngg to hear it from him. But the uncle said to my dad that if he was sure because Islam isn't a religion where you just jump in it and then after a while you leave lol. He lectured my dad a bit more and my dad said yes he firmly believes and he took his shahadah alhamdulillaah! And at that time my dad had a son (my half brother) who was in his teen years and he became Muslim too. This was around the late 1980s. And even till this day my dad is Muslim and a firm believer. :) He's got a beard mashaAllaah and always wears jubba. He never leaves the house in western clothing because he's not ashamed to have a Muslim appearance. And he never covers his ankles (he literally SHOUTS at my brother if he covers his LOL). May Allaah grant my dad and all reverts high rank in paradise, aameen ya Rabb. :)

(Sorry about the long paragraph).

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
:salam2:

Brothers and sisters, I would like to share your stories with my ignorant friends (who are non-practicing Muslims) if you would allow me. SubhanAllah. SubhanAllah. I read the Quran cover to cover in arabic, without understanding when I was not practicing. Then I started reading the quran translation but I am yet to finish it reading cover to cover. I somehow end up reading randomly surahs and verses. InshAllah Sister Isra is an inspiration for me to finish reading the interpretation of the meaning of the Quran cover to cover.

JazakAllahu Khairan.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
What impressed me was the level of dicipline Muslims have.

When I say dicipline, I mean how Islam is not just a religion but a way of life. How making Allah (swt) a top priority no matter how inconvenient it may be in our worldly lives. Like, praying one of your prayers while grocery shopping or at work. Since most people in the West arent accustomed to it, it amazed me Muslims have the dicipline to make time no matter what.

Another thing was of course, hijab. That is what drew me to Islam in the first place, alhamdulilah. Muslim women are strong and self-respecting, who couldnt look at one and not want to be just like her?

eminbey

信得過…是我的名字
wONDERFUL STORIES.
TOUCHING FACTS
PLEASE KEEP SHARING YOUR STORIES BROTHERS AND SISTERS
I
IT

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
super interesting!

jazak Allahu khyir dear sisters. after reading sister isra's post, i wish i give all my friends, the translation of the meaning of Holy Qur'aan.

i have so many schoolmates and college mates who are non muslims but are good natured and kind, i wish Allah guide them to truth.

saifkhan

abd-Allah

Since that day I have read the Quran cover to cover 9 times now and I have tried so hard to find that particular part which touched me and made me cry so hard but to be honest I have no idea now what exactly it was that I read that day. I just know that it touched me in a way that nothing else in my life has ever touched me and it is the reason I became a Muslim. After reading Quran I was convinced that Islam is the truth and the Quran really is the word of Allah. Alhamdulillah!!!

Wa salam

Salam alaikum, nice to hear from you......subhan Allah, very touchy story.

the reason I quoted your this part:
same things happened to me, even, when I started reading Quran with understanding it's meaning, I cried a lot, and I found many answers regarding my life. but if anyone says what is that: I can't remember even, among a lot of touching point I had gone through, when I cried or which brought to me in the divine truth is Sura Bakara, chapter 2: 156.

I remember I was going through hardship, by bachelors were completed, I was doing a training, but no jobs and no hopes(as I applied for a lot jobs, but no reply/call), again I had another prob, some family prob, so really I was very upset. I used to pray regularly in Jamah in that time, so at the pick of my hardship, I was going for my training, usually I used to pray in the training masjid, but that day I was late so I had to pray in another mosque in the roadway. I was paying attention, though I was pale, but when the Imam recited this verse(chapter2:156),I understand it, and from the 1st rakah to the last,I cried a lot, I couldnt stop

subhan Allah, the solutions are there in Quran, what we need to do for what, but as we don't read/understand so we left in dark.

may Allah help us all
really good to hear from our brothers and sister, keep going on

JazakAllah khair
wa alaikum salam

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Salam alaikum

I began watching the arrivals on youtube, beautiful and clever videos which clarified Islam in ways which were VERY understanding.

I became addicted to Islam, I couldn't stop reading about it, I was desperate to find the love of Allah, it all began there, by hunting the puzzles of Islam, I finally have my image now. Alhamdulillah

I'm a raised Muslim, but wasn't practising, like seriously, nothing. P.s Ive never been in a Mosque (not that I know of)
I began to read about Islam, it was at night time, around 11pm if I can remember, I was on MSN also, and I had Muslim friends online, most of my friends were Muslim since the start anyway, I was going to sleep then I felt bad feelings, that day I think I was reading about Jinns, so I woke up at 1am and found my friends still on, I asked my friends if I could pray anything to make me sleep. One said pray ayatul kursi!
She sent me the video, MASHALLAH the voice by Mishary Rashid. I don't remember much so may Allah forgive my faults if I have said anything without knowledge, but I think I started to cry, and from then on I met new Muslims in my class, Alhamdulillah I was guided, now I have a really good friend who taught me to pray.

I thank Allah for this guidance, He has surely saved me from the deep Hell fire.

Perseveranze

Asalaamu Alaikum,

A chance read on the life of our beloved Prophet(pbuh). You read fictional superhero stories, but this was the real deal :) And from then on, I just wanted to know everything about Islam.

Hannah123

One Truth
Salaam alaikum,
I love all your stories.
i have been a muslim since september 2006, alhamdulillah.
I was in a bad way for going on 2-3 years before my conversion, drugs, partying, you all know what I mean.

So when I met someone who told me about islam, my first thoughts were "terrorists." what i mean is that i literally knew nothing about islam, except that they were blamed for 9/11. Anyway I was pretty seriously involved with this muslim man, and we were having religious discussions. I was never good at defending christianity because it never made sense to me, i was only christian because my parents were! I worked at a bookstore at the time and began constantly roaming to the islam section. I bought a Quran, also ordered a free one, read the islam for dummies book, read everything i could get my hands on. Researching Islam is just like that, once you hear it, if Allah wills, you can't get it out of your head. At this point learning about Islam was more important to me than everything else. I decided that the truth was so obvious and plainly stated in the Quran that I had no choice but to become Muslim. So i secretly said my shahadah and began praying. My boyfriend at the time was not a practicing muslim, but alhamdulillah he started practicing soon after and we got married.

My mother, who is a very stubborn christian is always trying to get me to the see the light in her religion. I've told her, i'm not sure if it's right to say, but i said it, "that if I weren't a Muslim, I would never go back to christianity knowing what i know now."
sorry for the length.

Isra

aka Tree2008
:salam2:

Brothers and sisters, I would like to share your stories with my ignorant friends (who are non-practicing Muslims) if you would allow me. SubhanAllah. SubhanAllah. I read the Quran cover to cover in arabic, without understanding when I was not practicing. Then I started reading the quran translation but I am yet to finish it reading cover to cover. I somehow end up reading randomly surahs and verses. InshAllah Sister Isra is an inspiration for me to finish reading the interpretation of the meaning of the Quran cover to cover.

JazakAllahu Khairan.

As salamo alaikome

ALHAMDULILLAH you have brought tears to my eyes when I read this post!!!! My dream since becoming Muslim is for Allah to use me as a tool to inspire other Muslims to be BETTER Muslims and to help those who wish to revert find their way!!! Really you made my day Jazakallah khairan and may Allah make your way easy for you! Ameen!

wa salam

Isra

aka Tree2008
super interesting!

jazak Allahu khyir dear sisters. after reading sister isra's post, i wish i give all my friends, the translation of the meaning of Holy Qur'aan.

i have so many schoolmates and college mates who are non muslims but are good natured and kind, i wish Allah guide them to truth.

As salamo alaikome

Sister you SHOULD do this!!!! It is a great idea!!! It could inspire even one of them to actually become Muslim and Allah works in this way many times so please if you have a gut feeling then follow up on it!

I got my free copy of Quran by going to Sheikh Yusef Estes official website and signing up! It was that simple! It came in the mail within 2 weeks!

wa salam

Muslim-life

Always Alhamdulilah
MashaAllah my dear sisters and brothers!
This is really touching, and indeed inspiration for muslims to make da'wah. Therefor the prophet saw says, that we should tell about him even a verse. You never know what will impress people, or what some people have searched for in their hearts!

JazakumuAllahu khairan! :)

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarakatuhu

Mashallah dear sister. I like a loot your thread.

SubhanAllah, for me, everything in Islaam has impressed me, the salah prayer, wearing hijaab,the treatment of women in Islaam and Islaam like way of life.

All praise be to Allah, for rewording us with Islaam, the most beautiful gift for all mankind.

May Allah reword you dear sister for your kind effort.

:wasalam:

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
As salamo alaikome

Sister you SHOULD do this!!!! It is a great idea!!! It could inspire even one of them to actually become Muslim and Allah works in this way many times so please if you have a gut feeling then follow up on it!

I got my free copy of Quran by going to Sheikh Yusef Estes official website and signing up! It was that simple! It came in the mail within 2 weeks!

wa salam
wa alaykkum assalaam wa rahmathullahi wa barakatuhu

jazak Allahu khyir sister.. and yes.. finally i sent, to a firiend of mine, a pdf copy of quran and gave him the site which sends the free copy.

sadly i dont have any real life buddies with whom i can chat about islaam and deeny matters. but this friend of mine, a disbeliever now, is a good fellow, he already started looking into other religions. hope Allah guides him to truth.

@sister Hannah - jazak Allahu khyir for sharing your story too. may Allah ease you endeavor.

btw sister, i am a brother. ilyas is the name of a prophet in islaam, may peace be upon him. *smiles*