WHAT in the world is WRONG WITH ME???????

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome......

Really I cant believe this is happening to me!!!!!!!! AGAIN!!!!!! Some guy came up to my register and he was buying a lot of alcohol like beer and wine. I asked him for his birthday because really he looked like he was just 12 years old so he gave me his birthday and I typed it into the register which is like a computer. Anyway I didnt see the big boss (the boss who is over the whole store) was standing just beside me and a little off to the back of me. He saw the whole transaction. Then he called me into the office and told me he watched me sell alcohol to that guy without asking to see his identification card (like a drivers license) which we are supposed to do that or we can be in alot of trouble.

He listened to my side but clearly I was wrong according to the store policy so he made me write what I did and sign it then he suspended me without pay until further notice. Which means that I cannot go back to work until he calls me to come back or IF he decides that I am fired he will call me to bring my employee ID card in and sign the termination papers. He didnt say how long I am suspended.......just until I hear from him when he decides what to do about the situation.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH MEEEEEEEEE????????????? WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME??????????? I could lose BOTH jobs within a few weeks of each other?????????????? WHAT KIND OF LOSER AM I???????????? Really I think this is a nightmare and it CANT be happening!!!!!!!!!!!

I am soooooooo depressed really I feel like such a loser!!!!! I dont know why this keeps happening to me. A few weeks ago I was doing ok with 2 jobs now maybe I have NO JOB!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I should just put my son with his father and disappear. Thats what I feel like doing right now and I am so serious. I keep making big mistakes when I am trying to do everything in the right way now. Before when I was doing everything with no thought of my actions or what will happen everything in my life was fine. Now I have Islam and I am trying so hard to be a good person and do everything in the right way but everything is turning out so bad for me.

Is this because Allah is testing me? Because if its a test to see if I will lose Islam you can be sure I will NOT. NOTHING is going to make me lose Islam even if I am living in the street with some cardboard box as shelter. I dont care I will STILL be on my knees with my forehead to the ground praying 5 times a day. Islam is the only thing in this world that is important to me and even if I lose EVERYTHING I will NEVER lose Islam. I PROMISE TO ALLAH.............AND TO MYSELF.

I am kicking myself for this huge mistake and I am praying this stupid guy wont fire me. Please pray for me because I really need your dua's right now.

From the BIG LOSER...........Isra* :girl3:

ShyHijabi

Salaam sister,

I look at it this way, Allah swt is protecting you if you do get fired because selling alcohol is absolutely haraam. So instead of feeling like this is a test, think of it as something that will rescue you from the hellfire. There is a saying, "God closes doors but opens windows." In other words, maybe this was the nudge you needed to find a better and halaal job.

I will make dua for you sister as you are dealing with a lot of pressure and stress. :tti_sister:

duran

I can understand the situation you are in now...but think positive...because selling alcohol is haram as you know, so from mercy of Allah, he created a situation where you will get out of that...he may also has another plan for you, a better and halal one...so have sabr (patience).

May Allah change the situation of the muslims to better...ameen

zbhotto

Banned
As salamo alaikome......

Then he called me into the office and told me he watched me sell alcohol to that guy without asking to see his identification card (like a drivers license) which we are supposed to do that or we can be in alot of trouble.

I am soooooooo depressed really I feel like such a loser!!!!! I dont know why this keeps happening to me. A few weeks ago I was doing ok with 2 jobs now maybe I have NO JOB!!!!!!!!!!
Dear Sister In ISALM;
Nothing happens to your mind/brain. It is ALLAH (SWT) who is causing you to forget this things.

Don't be so sad for this world. Everything in this life is predestined. We cannot change our predestination. You will not die until taking the last grain of rice that has been predestined for you by almighty ALLAH (SWT). No matter how powerful you are, you will never be able to take a single spoon of (extra) food that has not been allocated for you before you born.

Make ALLAH (SWT) proud of you by saying subhanallah or Innallillah hi owa innalillahir rajaun (To ALLAH we belong and to Him SWT we will return) in every calamities you face in your life.

ALLAH (SWT) has saved you from haram source of earning money. So instead of being upset You should be happy as ALLAH (SWT) is guiding you by refraining you from the way of income that He (SWT) has forbidden.

Nothing happened to you. To me everything in your life is going fine. It is ALLAH (SWT) who caused you to forget these matters so that you will get another halal job. See how nice it is that ALLAH (SWT) is guiding you.

hassana elkoussi

As-salamu alaikum dear sister,

I feel so bad that you're going through so much stress these days, but I guess it's just an act of purification ( Allah knows best). MashaAllah you've been purified by your shahadah, then further purified by your fasting in Ramadan, but there was this sin of dealing in alcohol ( which it seems you were unaware of). So I think it was just a sign from Allah to consider looking for a halal job. Even if you get fired, think of it as a sign of Allah's love for you inshaAllah, that He doesn't want you to be involved in any kind of haram. And remember that Allah expects believers- when faced with any kind of hardship- to be strong and patient and to constantly ask His support and protection. Remember the sufferings of our Prophet ( PBUH) and his Companions and this will definitely relieve you and remember that Allah promised in surat Al-Inshirah that there is ease with every hardship. InshaAllah everything will turn out well in the end just be patient and hold tight to your prayers and Qur'an. Wish you all the best, ukhti.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2: dear sister,

I agree with sister Shyhijabi, this might be a nudge in the right direction. There is a severe and special punishment for people who deal with selling alcohol beverages, even if you are a cashier, it's not allowed to process such transactions.

O sister, Make dua that Allah swt makes it easy for you. And this hard time, surely if you persevere and turn to Allah swt, the reward will be great because Allah swt is the Most Merciful.

And it tough times we all want to run away and get away, but we have to take comfort in the fact that we are muslims and have testified in the Oneness of Allah swt and the followers of his beloved Nabi, Muhammad :saw2:.. Our help is going to come from Allah swt.. Sister, have patience. Have patience and read the Quran and turn to Allah swt.

Insha'Allah we will all make dua.. May Allah swt make it easy for our dear sister Isra Ameen.

:wasalam:

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
Salaam sister,

I look at it this way, Allah swt is protecting you if you do get fired because selling alcohol is absolutely haraam. So instead of feeling like this is a test, think of it as something that will rescue you from the hellfire. There is a saying, "God closes doors but opens windows." In other words, maybe this was the nudge you needed to find a better and halaal job.

I will make dua for you sister as you are dealing with a lot of pressure and stress. :tti_sister:

Assalamualikum Sister, sister Shyhijabi has said the right thing , see it as Allah Ta;la is saving you and inshallah with sabr He will give you something much better , you are in our duaa;s , take care, :tti_sister:
Ameenah

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2:
Sister Isra,
I think you are much more stronger than you think. If this store is giving you problem (specially expect you to sell alchohol) then maybe you should move on and find a job some where else. I know it is easier said than done but this is what I conclude after looking at the whole situation.

I think you live in western Michigan - right? Maijer is a big store chain where they are always hiring, specially when school starts, then they have several openings.

YOU ARE NOT A LOSER. Be strong and you will succeed, InshaAllah.
We are all praying for you.
:wasalam: :salah:

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
Sister the situation may seam bad for you ,but you can't know Wisdom behind it ..
Allah is protecting you from doing haram ,which is dealing with alcohol ..
Depend on Allah and you surely get a reward ..Allah will solve your situation and you will find something better by the will of Allah ..

waaleikum salam

IslamIsTheFuture

알라후 아크바르-Allah Akbar
Salam Alekum sis
As u knw the brothers and sisters alrdy said it.. selling alcohol and pork is haram... InshAllah May Allah make it easy for and give u a 100 times better job then that and thats halal.. Ameen.. Dont feel depress or anything bad.. its all good sis :D be patience sis.. No worries :D InshAllah ur in ma duaa sis :D

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
i feel sorry for you sister. may Allah take you out of this difficult times.

but when we accept Islam, we have to be ready for the tests as well.

u said that before Islam everything was fine, maybe you are right bcoz as now u follow Islam, perhaps Allah wants to wash away ur sins and make u pure to enter His paradise.

Messenger of Allah :saw: said, “He whom Allah intends good, He makes him to suffer from some affliction

Messenger of Allah :saw: said, “A Muslim, male or female, continues to remain under trial in respect of his life, property, and offspring until he faces Allah, the Exalted, with no sin record”

ponder over these hadiths many times over until they penetrate ur heart and sister, have patience. soon all the things will be in ur favour. inshallah

dilek

OntheWayOf ALLAH
Salam ya sister , brothers and sisters said all truth.. you are seeing now just the dark part of what you live, actually at the end you ll have a shining way, full of light. Be sure as soon as possible you ll find a new, better and halal job inshaallah. MasaAllah you have a strong imaan, faith in Islam, so embrace your faith and trust in Allah that you ll find everything better and easier.. Increase your knowledge about Islam as well dear, sometimes we experience bad things, and here we say " Allah give a merciful slap to us", because with that slap we wake up and see at the end we are doing mistakes without realising.

Inshaallah you feel better soon ya sister ;)

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
Salam alai kum

Sister Tree2008, I think you should see it as a blessing in disguise. As other brothers and sisters have mentioned, you just don't know what Allah SWT has prepared for you, something better Inshallah.

May Allah make it easy for you and all the Muslims Ameen.

Peace2u

student93

taalibah forever
assalamualaikum
thats true sis isra
almighty allah is helping you get away from sin because selling alcohol is haraam
i will pray and im sure everyone on tti will pray that you and every other muslim who needs a halaal job gets one
insha allah

rickyraws

I'll keep you in my duas, insha Allah, everything will be well with you. However, I recommend against insulting the guy behind his back by calling him stupid, since by doing so, he'll obtain some of your good deeds on the day of judgment, and of course, you're depending on him for your job. The way things are, this might have happened to you with or without Islam, but the devil wants you to think it's all because of it.

slave_of_Allah

My dear sister, Allah only wants you to become close to Him, so you can be one of the people of paradise, and one of those who can stand in His shade.

Allah blessed us with Islam, and gave us a chance to become closer to Him.

Ya Allah ease away the distress, and pain in my sisters heart, and help her to beocme close to You, indeed Oh Allah You love her so much, and she is very close to You, because you have put her in a difficult situation, please help her remember this, and let her turn to You, for You are The One Who knows all that is in our hearts. Ya Allah help her to become one of those who inherit paradise, one of those blessed people to be in Your shade, and save her from the hell fire, and the puisnhments of the grave, and please giver her strength to keep going, because if she does, she can become closer to You, and Ya Allah her heart yearns to see You, and to be one of those who You, Oh Allah address as people of pardise, please don't deprive her of this. Ya Allah the day of meeting You is coming close, and the day my sister meets You, tell her that You are pleased with her, for nothing else will bring comfort to her heart. Aameen!!!

umm hussain

Walaikum salam warahmatullahi wabarakhatu

“They ask you (O Muhammad) concerning alcoholic drink and gambling. Say: ‘In them is a great sin, and (some) benefits for men, but the sin of them is greater than their benefit’”

[al-Baqarah 2:219]

If sin is present and it is great, then it is forbidden. Undoubtedly this alcohol is harmful to the mind and body, and Allaah has forbidden everything that harms the body and mind, and saps the strength. Everything that is harmful to a person is not permitted, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And do not kill yourselves”

[al-Nisaa’ 4:29]

“and do not throw yourselves into destruction”

[al-Baqarah 2:195]

It is not permissible to deal in foods and other things, such as alcohol and pork, that Allaah has prohibited, even if one is selling to kaafirs, because it was reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When Allaah forbids a thing, He forbids its price.” And because he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed alcohol and the one who drinks it, the one who sells it, the one who buys it, the one who carries it, the one to whom it is carried, the one who consumes its price, the one who squeezes the grapes and the one for whom they are squeezed.

So I would like to say see this as a blessing and I am sure Allah has something in store for you which is much better that what you had even though you might not realise it.

The income you were making from selling alcohol is not blessed therefore everything you do with it is not blessed either, and after every hardship comes ease and ask Allah to make the way easy for you.

May Allah grant you a better job. You could ask your child's father to support him and tell him that you are not working, anyway whether you are working or not it is his responsibility to take care of his child.

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
My dear sister, Allah only wants you to become close to Him, so you can be one of the people of paradise, and one of those who can stand in His shade.

Allah blessed us with Islam, and gave us a chance to become closer to Him.

Ya Allah ease away the distress, and pain in my sisters heart, and help her to beocme close to You, indeed Oh Allah You love her so much, and she is very close to You, because you have put her in a difficult situation, please help her remember this, and let her turn to You, for You are The One Who knows all that is in our hearts. Ya Allah help her to become one of those who inherit paradise, one of those blessed people to be in Your shade, and save her from the hell fire, and the puisnhments of the grave, and please giver her strength to keep going, because if she does, she can become closer to You, and Ya Allah her heart yearns to see You, and to be one of those who You, Oh Allah address as people of pardise, please don't deprive her of this. Ya Allah the day of meeting You is coming close, and the day my sister meets You, tell her that You are pleased with her, for nothing else will bring comfort to her heart. Aameen!!!

Salams Ameen to your duaa sister :tti_sister: