What is/are your favourite tourist destination(s).

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
How about the Holy Land, Jerusalem? Plenty to see there and its hot, there are some nice beaches there too.

Your absolutely right!! I would love to go to Palestine to pray in Masjid Al-Aqsa. In sha Allah that will happen one day soon when it will be liberated.

:SMILY346:

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
I'm a bit of a history geek. I'd like to go to the archaelogical dig at the city of Ur. I'd also like to see Babylon. But these places are in areas that are inimical to people with my kind of passport.
Inshallah, I will go to Mecca and Medina on hajj, that's my #1 dream destination. Followed by a visit to the holy land.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Insha Allah Taala I have a dream to live in an island alone.
I dont know why. May be due to the distressful and sad events throughout my life. I am too emotional :( :( I was, not now.

somebody mentioned Germany is dangerous in summer? whats the point behind it?
I have been there...didn't find it dangerous though.

I want to live in mecca or medina, thats the first and the last of my dreams.

Izzu

perhaps he is saying this because you find scantly covered people there but i guess it is worse in uk or even france....
so even i am not sure what he means by germany being damgerous....

abdul qarim

i have a dream that when i wake up at the end of my life, the journey too paradise stil will go one. because there are 2 options, and i am a praktising muslim bud i am defenetly not a perfect human beeing. its been told life over there must be incredibel by the proffet (saw) and by the quran. so pray and do dooah for me and i will do the same for you inshaAllah.
ow fore shure paradise is bether than al your places.

Abdul Qarim

salam aleykoem

muthar

I presently live in England and i had an opportunity to travel all over Scotland and I think is one of the most beautiful places on earth. Other places i would like to visit is Maldives and NZ.

revert_north

NEW MUSLIMA
:salam2:
DUBAI
i BEEN THERE WHEN I CAME BACK TO THE US AFTER I WENT TO YEMEN. BUT I ONLY STAYED THERE FOR 2 DAYS, HOWEVER, I LOVED IT AND IF I HAD A CHANCE TO TRAVEL I WOULD MOST DEFINITELY GO THERE.

Salaam alekoum sister...

I have ties to the UAE and have visited Dubai a number of times, but I've never been very impressed by it! Alhamdulillah there is some amazing scenery, but unfortunately it's let down by the fact that there are roadworks and construction sites everywhere.

My favourite place in Dubai is Medinat Jumeirah. There's a nice quaint little shopping mall recreated in traditional Arabian style, and it's just lovely to have a relaxed stroll around there. I found a lot of Dubai just plain crass though. I fail to see what's so amazing about having the largest shopping mall in the middle east (Emirates Mall, which is NOT that good!), and Ibn Battuta Mall is just tacky imo.

Plus everything is so expensive. It seems in Dubai that there's too much emphasis on what you have, and doing outrageous things (like the novelty of ski-ing indoors and playing golf on the roof of a hotel), rather than just enjoying the simpler things in life, like the stunning scenery and natural beauty that Allah provided.

Plus getting around is a hassle...The traffic and the irresponsible drivers!! Sheesh.

I'm not criticising your destination of choice, don't mind me, I'm just having a grumble :-D

Abu Dhabi, however, I love. There's few things I've enjoyed more in life than walking along the corniche of Abu Dhabi, actually FEELING the warmth of the Arabian Gulf which is literally inches away from your feet as you walk.

As for the original question: Abu Dhabi is my favourite spot so far, and Turkey was also fabulous. I'd like to see more of Turkey (Istanbul, Insha'allah), and also I'd like to visit a number of cities that I think would offer some amazing sights and a really good time, i.e. New York, Paris, Jerusalem, places in Australia, Beruit, Damascus, Amman, Cairo, Riyadh...The list goes on.

I'd also like to visit Israel. Seriously. Who wouldn't?! I think it'd be a fascinating visit for any person due to the glorious history of the land, and especially for Muslims, to gain a real-life insight into what things are like there...talk to the people, etc. Regardless of the terrible situation in Israel, we should not lose sight of what the land means to us both as Muslims and as human beings. As it happens though, it's difficult to visit the State of Israel *and* most Arab countries due to refusal at the airports if you have Israeli stamps in your passport. Oh well...Allah knows best, and Allah will guide us humans towards peace, insha'allah.

(By the way, I think it goes without saying that we'd all love to do Hajj and Ummrah above any 'vacation', but I think the point of this post was about vacations :))

Izzu

:salam2: i think it is pretty ok for tourists in kashmir nowadays. i was there 1.5 yrs ago and saw many foreign tourists on my flight from delhi to kashmir. but still i would ask around before making a decision. it is also advised to ask your own embassy ragarding the current situation.
on beauty, what can i say.... srinagar the capital city of kashmir is on the banks of a big lake and it is sooo beautiful. and as you may know kashmir is a valley being surrounded by mountains. there are many gardens and springs.....undoubtedly it is a very beautiful state.
:wasalam:

saima11

Assalam Aleikum, I would like ti visit Mecca and Madina. :)

good choice sister i have been there i think other places are beautiful to see but the peace you get in makkah and madina is something else, its a peace i could not describe maybe some of the other brothers or sister that have been might be able to describe it :tti_sister: inshallah we all go there soon.

shaz_1999

A fantastic question made me think for like an hour or so and this is what I finaly decided on:

Where anyone may need my help, where I could help people less fortunate then me, it be muslims fantastic but if not muslims also fantastic we should help anyone in any way we can.

Thats my decision

fatimabilals

Assalamualaikum
I have already been to Mecca and Madinah. I live in Jeddah so I can visit these two places anytime without any money. As I live far from my homeland, India, I would love to go there first of all. As Mumbai (Bombay), my hometown, is a great city and breathtakingly beautiful, My heart beats whenever my parents make plans to go there.
I also would love to go to CANADA, THE UNITED STATES or UNITED KINGDOM.I have a wish to see a snowfall right from my childhood (although I am still a child!)

virtualeye

Tamed Brother

Which place(s) would you like to visit if you had an opportunity to go for tour, vacations, camps etc ? :)

When? After death? Ofcourse I would like to go to Jannah. InshaAllah. May Allah give us opportunity to go for tour to Jannah forever. :)

Anyway, in this life I would like to go to Masjid Qartabah. I want to hear the silent Adhaans in the wind of the Fajr time there. I belive that the adhaans called in the Islamic kingdom of Spain, would still be echoing there, deep, so deep, silent adhaans.

Wassalaam,
VE

asif yousaf zai

greece

Jamaica is beautiful and a very romatic place to go. The seafood is excellent (especially try the jerk shrimp, it is the local specialty) but lobster is only in season during the fall I believe. If you talk to the locals, there is a place you can go in between Negril and Montego Bay where you take a bamboo raft up the river and through the bottom of the mountains and the man pushing the raft sings. It truely is amazing.

shadykan mentioned Australia. I've been to Sydney and that is also excellent. There is this place down by the docks (all I know is it is by the MCI datacenter facilities) where it looks like a warehouse, but inside there are tons of fresh seafood and it is CHEAP.

Can you tell I like to go places for the food? :shymuslima1:

If I could pick a place to go outside of that I'd say that I want to go to Greece, Italy, Egypt... everywhere!! LOL

yah greece is a wonderful place,i have been to,its a country with more than 100 islands,and alot of tourist spots ,like acropolis,

boupj

Assalamualaikum
I have already been to Mecca and Madinah. I live in Jeddah so I can visit these two places anytime without any money. As I live far from my homeland, India, I would love to go there first of all. As Mumbai (Bombay), my hometown, is a great city and breathtakingly beautiful, My heart beats whenever my parents make plans to go there.
I also would love to go to CANADA, THE UNITED STATES or UNITED KINGDOM.I have a wish to see a snowfall right fro my childhoo (although I am still a child)

Come to Canada, by far the best!!! (just joking) Yeah I love the snow I always wonder how people can go their whol lives without seeing it, It is beautiful, Insha'Allah one day you'll get to see it.

abou haytam

salam

I live in canada and i am planing to go to mecca incha allah for haj next year. Befor i was dreaming to travel around the word, but now i think that travel bring too much fitna. after mecca i will go home to morocco and you are more than welcome brothers and sisters in morocco lol

salam

Sulikha

Tawakal-Allal-Allah

I always want to go back to my mother-land (Somalia) and visit Meka and Madena, and see the Zamzam well. InshaAllah.

I once visited the Great Falls. in Canada, It is interesting to see the beautiful water falls one of the Majestic creation of Allah. If I have the chance I would see all the Great Falls around the world next would be Victoria Falls in Africa.