Article What is beauty?

afrarzk

احبك ىارب
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
What is beauty?

There is a great saying which says: Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. There is much truth to this. But what kind of beauty are we talking about. Exterior or interior? Depending on how one decides what is beautiful, we will get different opinions. Buts lets take a deeper look into this.
Yesterday, I went and bought some red ripe strawberries. They were big, red and my stomach was growling because they looked delicious. I did not rely on anyone’s opinion whether they taste good or not. Was I making a good investment? I knew from previous experience that I would not be disappointed; hence it was a good investment. So my purchase was final, and I was home eating them. I was satisfied and I got my monies worth.

As I was eating them, I noticed some were tastier than others, even though they come from the same seed. Some have a good look but are bed inside. Some are small and taste good and some are big but bitter. Then
I stopped to think. Everything in life starts good. We all come from a Godly seed, but what sets us apart is how we grow.
The strawberries, they are all the same seed, but the ones which had better soil, more sunlight, better irrigation, they turned out to be the best. So, the more you cultivate them, the better they turn out to be.
Similarly, the more we focus in our deen by living a righteous life the more beautiful we become.
Humans are like strawberries. We all come from the same seed. We all encounter different things in life, but what sets us apart is our ability to choose how sweet or bitter we become. Strawberries are at the mercy of the person who grows them but people are at the mercy of themselves. We can choose how beautiful or bitter we want to be. Do we want to look big and beautiful on the outside, or do we want to be beautiful on the inside.
If we focus on the inside, the eyes of the beholder will eventually find us not for how we look, but our reputation will be enough for them to give us a chance, because we are beautiful inside.I bought strawberries not for how they look on the outside, but how they taste inside. Similarly, we choose our friends and companions not for what they look, but the inner qualities that they have. We sometimes encounter beautiful people but they do not become our friends and are only an encounter in our lives. We also encounter beautiful people on the inside, and they become our friends for a long time.
So you have a choice. Do you want to be an encounter, or do you want to be a something more. Focus in inner qualities by being a righteous person who does good to his family and friends. Who is of service to mankind, and who is dutiful to His creator. You will live a satisfied life and will not be an encounter; you will be eternal in the hereafter by the creator Himself.