What is so bad about having sex?

OsMaN_93

Here to help
salam alikom,

I know the Qur'an says no adultery is allowed, and it's classed as the 3rd worst sin someone can commit in Islam (after 1.shirk, 2.murder), but I don't understand the reasoning behind it.

The only counter argument I can think of is that it would cause the spread of STIs or babies born out of wedlock. However, using a condom is the answer to that and not having too many sexual partners keeps one safe.

Why is it such a serious crime in Islam??!! It's not harming anyone...

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
:salam2:

Wa la hawla wa la kuwata illa billahi

At the moment I can not say anything more except Astagfirullah million times.

Astagfirullah.

:wasalam:

OsMaN_93

Here to help
OK so it defines relationships, that means that it's nice to be a virgin until one is twenty something years old, for that special night... But that doesn't mean that it's absolutely immoral if the husband/wife are not virgins! And why is it so bad in Islam? How is it worse than stealing, for example?
waslam alikom

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

No, sister.

The brother is seeking knowledge. He is not being rude.

Sex is permitted in Islam under marriage. Marriage is the backbone of community. Sex outside marriage breaks down the community. It tears the community apart.

That is the reason in Islam we are encouraged to marry young. It is hard to remain chaste. We are encouraged to fast...now I do not see fasting as a long term solution. We can have sex everyday of the year...we can not fast 365 days of the year.

Celibacy is not encouraged in Islam..it can cause stress.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

You do not have to be a virgin in Islam. Islam is not stuck on the womb. It concentrates on the heart ( intention).

First..there is a difference between fornication and adultery. Adultery is the bigger sin.

Which one shall we tackle first.

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic

Why are adultery, gambling, eating the flesh of swine forbidden in Islam or consedered "haram"?

Even though we find it strange that a Muslim would ask such a question about matters which are so clear and undisputed, the answer is simply that these things are haraam because Allaah, Whom we must obey, has forbidden them. He tells us in the Qur’aan (interpretation of the meanings):

“And come not near to unlawful sexual intercourse. Verily, it is a faahishah (a great sin) and an evil way.” [al-Israa’ 17:32]

“He has forbidden you only the maytatah (dead animals), and blood, and the flesh of swine…” [al-Baqarah 2:173]

“O you who believe! Intoxicants, gambling, al-ansaab [stone altars for sacrifice to false gods], and al-azlaam (arrows for seeking luck or decision) are an abomination of Shaytaan’s handiwork. So avoid (strictly all) that (abomination) in order that you may be successful.

Shaytaan wants only to excite enmity and hatred between you with intoxicants and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of Allaah and from al-salaah. So, will you not then abstain?”
[al-Maa’idah 5:90-91]

So we must avoid all that which Allaah has forbidden, out of faith in His laws, in the hope of His reward and in fear of His punishment. We must also believe that Allaah does not forbid anything in Islamic sharee’ah except that which is harmful and corrupt, whether we understand this rationally or not, because He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And no, by your Lord, they can have no Faith, until they make you (O Muhammad) judge in all disputes between them, and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission.” [al-Nisaa’ 4:65]

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “The fornicator does not commit fornication while he is a believer” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî and Sahîh Muslim]

A young man once came to our Prophet (peace be upon him) and said: “O, Messenger of Allah give me a permission to commit fornication.”

The Companions were angry with the way that young man who dared to ask such a thing from the Prophet (peace be upon him), but the Prophet (peace be upon him) did not grow angry and immediately asked him: “Would you like a man to fornicate with your mother?”

The young man replied: “No.”

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Hence other people do not like it for their mothers. Would you like it for your daughter?”

The man said: “No.”

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Hence people do not like it for their daughters....” [Musnad Ahmad]

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh

"Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that will make for greater purity, and God is well acquainted with all they do. And say to the believing woman that they should lower their gaze, and guard their modesty." (24:30-3 1).

"Do not go near to adultery. Surely it is a shameful deed and evil, opening roads (to other evils)." (17:32)

"And those who guard their chastity, Except with their wives and whom their right hands possess,- for (then) they are not to be blamed. But those who trespass beyond this are transgressors." (70:29-31)

"Allah created male and female from a single soul in order that man might live with her in serenity." (Quran, 7:189)

"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard." (4:34)

it is not only about not contacting diseases or having babys, is about morality, respect, famelly, love....

may Allah help us all, ameen

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

It is bad to have sex outside of marriage because you end up being hurt and alone. It is the opposite of what the purpose of sex is.

In Islam we are given everything in the universe. We have to hold it in a delicate way.

You become an object. There is no intimacy. Is it beginning to make sense now?

Perseveranze

Asalaamu Alaikum,

- Condomns do not stop the spread of STD.

- Young teens who are irresponsible commit fornication without condoms, so they have a higher chance of having STD's.

- The amount of abortions due to unplanned pregnancies in this relationship is phenominally high. (Which as you state, is one of the biggest sins in Islam).

- Illigitimate children, who in most cases end up with seperated parents.

etc.

wantobeMumin

what part of zina being haram in quran you do not understand??

I understand that you are young and believe me every brother here has been there or experiencing sexual frustration and Inshallah if you are patient you will have better wife in this world and inshallah in the jannah. think of the Hoors do u want them? :wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I believe the brother is looking for answers from us. What are the reasons that sex outside of marriage is not good. We have to provide answers in simple terms. This is almost dawah.

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
People view sex as something bad and in this society it is everywhere, there is not escape from it. Islam makes sex halal within the confines of marriage to fulfill desires and to bring life into the world by His will. Here in this world, sex is just something to do, and means nothing, but in Islam its a way to bring two people together who Allah put together.

To be intimate with the one you marry and spend the rest of your life with is the most beautiful thing. Keep it HALAL!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister, you used a good word. Intimate. Intimacy is more than the physical. Intimacy takes time. When one has sex outside of marriage there is no intimacy. It becomes selfish. There is no ego in Islam.

Our Creator has given us the criteria to please Him so we can seek Him. He has given us everything at our disposal. It is simple. If you are a believer you do not want to stray one step off the path.

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

Brother Osman we are human beings (Ashraful Makhlukat) and not animals. Sex beyond our martial life would destroy family systems.

How about the products of these illegitimate relationships?. And who would like to enjoy sex with condoms?.

Regards.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
NOTHING good can come from sex outside marriage, NOTHING.

I agree with all said so far.

I know that sex is everywhere and it can be hard for Muslims to abstain. But we have values, we must have better SELF CONTROL than to give into petty desires. If you have a Kufr friend and he's like "Dude you're a virgin!?" Say YES, I AM AND I'M PROUD! It is nothing to be ashamed of.

But if anyone reading this has made the wrong choice and had sex, repent to allah swt sincerely and never do it again.

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

Brother Osman if you are related to year 1993 by birth,I think you are unto deciding something. :) :) :). If you are 18 by age,hormonal changes are dominating your Imaan. Take very good care of your Imaan.

Regards.

a_stranger

We ( humans) are created to worship Allah subhanahu wa taaala our creator, to live in accordance with his law and will, if we do so we will be blesses and rewarded for every moment of our life. But if we do the opposite and live in accordance to our own desires our human system will collapse . This desire (sex) is not something for just pleasure or fun . Allah subhanahu wa taaala put it in people to make families where children can grow safely, in a healthy invioroment . Family is very sacred and important in Islam that is why Allah subhanahu wa taaala put strict rules to save families if any man can have sex with any woman them all families are distorted .........the will of shaytan is to distoy humanity that is why shaytan is trying his best to kill modesty and take off clothes from bodies of people and take off fear of Allah subhanahu wa taaala from hearts of people. Now those who control media have no feel of shame that is why every kind of nudity is seen on tv , movies.........etc. This spoil hearts of innocence people full them with vain desires .........we need a great deal of taqwa ; piety to deal with matters ......we need to study Quran and make Quran our law in life...........please young brother ......never surrender to the media and society to make your personality ........take the prophets of Allah subhanahu wa taaala as example.........read the surah of yousif many times. May Allah protect you ( and my sons) in this life and in the hereafter.