What is your all time favourite video... POST HERE

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Salaamu 'alaykkum, since people are posting different riwayaat, I gotta post this one, which is definetely one of my all time favourites from among the Qur'aan recitations.

The shaykh recites in Ad Dooree in the riwaayah of Imaam Kisaai' rahimahullaah

[yt]4JHNrOCRI4E[/yt]

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
^Oh wow thats sounds so absolutely wonderfully exotic. SubhanAllaah. =)

Wa-salaam

If people don't know the meaning, then please refer to the meaning below while listening to the recitation *smile*

24:35 Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The parable of His Light is as (if there were) a niche and within it a lamp, the lamp is in glass, the glass as it were a brilliant star, lit from a blessed tree, an olive, neither of the east (i.e. neither it gets sun-rays only in the morning) nor of the west (i.e. nor it gets sun-rays only in the afternoon, but it is exposed to the sun all day long), whose oil would almost glow forth (of itself), though no fire touched it. Light upon Light! Allah guides to His Light whom He wills. And Allah sets forth parables for mankind, and Allah is All-Knower of everything.

24:36 In houses (mosques), which Allah has ordered to be raised (to be cleaned, and to be honoured), in them His Name is glorified in the mornings and in the afternoons or the evenings,

24:37 Men whom neither trade nor sale diverts them from the Remembrance of Allah (with heart and tongue), nor from performing AsSalat (Iqamat-as-Salat), nor from giving the Zakat. They fear a Day when hearts and eyes will be overturned (from the horror of the torment of the Day of Resurrection).

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
If people don't know the meaning, then please refer to the meaning below while listening to the recitation *smile*

24:35 Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The parable of His Light is as (if there were) a niche and within it a lamp, the lamp is in glass, the glass as it were a brilliant star, lit from a blessed tree, an olive, neither of the east (i.e. neither it gets sun-rays only in the morning) nor of the west (i.e. nor it gets sun-rays only in the afternoon, but it is exposed to the sun all day long), whose oil would almost glow forth (of itself), though no fire touched it. Light upon Light! Allah guides to His Light whom He wills. And Allah sets forth parables for mankind, and Allah is All-Knower of everything.

24:36 In houses (mosques), which Allah has ordered to be raised (to be cleaned, and to be honoured), in them His Name is glorified in the mornings and in the afternoons or the evenings,

24:37 Men whom neither trade nor sale diverts them from the Remembrance of Allah (with heart and tongue), nor from performing AsSalat (Iqamat-as-Salat), nor from giving the Zakat. They fear a Day when hearts and eyes will be overturned (from the horror of the torment of the Day of Resurrection).

As-salaamu `alaykum

You forgot the last verse akhi, but maa shaa' Allaah that's very nice.

Naam.

Please tell me how many styles there are and how the chain goea about. Im really ignorant in this topic.

Akhi, there are ten Qurraa' (reciters) and as far as I'm aware, each has typically two riwaayah's. I think this is what is commonly known/learnt, as there could be more, less known riyaawahs. I've uploaded a page from a book (Al-Mulakhkhas Al-Mufîd fî `Ilm At-Tajwîd) and given the names in English. Tell me if the note works!

EDIT: I should've added my favourite video too. As some of you probably could guess, it's Al-Husari (reciting At-Tawbah, 9:60-61)

[yt]1tT2_gvSgHs[/yt]

Attachments

• Pages from al-mulakhkhas copy.pdf.zip
    40.9 KB · Views: 12

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Naam.

Please tell me how many styles there are and how the chain goea about. Im really ignorant in this topic.

The seven reciters from whom the different styles have been transmitted to us are...

1- Naafi’ al-Madani
Transmitted Qaloon and Warsh

2- Ibn Katheer al-Makki
Transmitted Al Bazee and Qunbul

3- ‘Aasim al-Kufi
Transmitted Hafs and Shu'bah

4- Hamzah al-Zayaat al-Kufi
Transmitted Khalaf and Khallad

5- Al-Kisaa’i al-Kufi
Transmitted Abu al Haarith and Ad Dooree

6- Abu ‘Amr ibn al-‘Ala’ al-Basri
Transmitted Ad Dooree and As Soosiyy

7- ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Aamir al-Shaami
Transmitted Hisham and Ibn Dhakwaan

This is all I know, and Abu 'Uthmaan can correct me with any mistakes I made, but those are the imaams who transmitted the different riwayaat. BarakAllaahu feek

As-salaamu `alaykum

You forgot the last verse akhi, but maa shaa' Allaah that's very nice.

Wa 'alaykkumus salaam wa rahmatullaah, sorry forgot, here is the final Ayah...

24:38 That Allah may reward them [according to] the best of what they did and increase them from His bounty. And Allah gives provision to whom He wills without account.

Ibn Uthaymin

Akhi, there are ten Qurraa' (reciters) and as far as I'm aware, each has typically two riwaayah's. I think this is what is commonly known/learnt, as there could be more, less known riyaawahs. I've uploaded a page from a book (Al-Mulakhkhas Al-Mufîd fî `Ilm At-Tajwîd) and given the names in English. Tell me if the note works!

Barakllahu lak, it does work. Just one more question, all of these riwaayah are from the Propeht sallahu alyhi wasllam right? ( kinda sily question)

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Forgive me if I have offended anyone.

I have noticed there is a thin line between loving the Prophet (peace be upon him) and shirk, but I am unsure which Anasheeds, stories, poems, etc cross that line. This director does do videos mainly associated to the Prophet (peace be upon him) though..

Salaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi sister,

I haven't taken offense to your post, sister. I only warned you in my post of an ideology/movement that is popular in Indian subcontinent, which I thought you might not be aware of.

Back to your question, there isn't a problem with halaal nasheeds and poems. The problem is making it the most important part of the religion and showcasing it as what Islam calls to. Islam calls to Tawheed first and foremost, which didn't come across in the video.

Secondly, you don't have to sing nasheeds and poems to show and express your love (or become a 'Aashiq-e-rasool'), you have to follow the deen he came with and apply his Sunnah in our lives. Note that following the Sunnah is obligatory in Islam, singing nasheeds and poems is not. People fall for the flashy stuff, forgetting the basic and obligatory things.

Thirdly, his videos mock the people who object to this erroneous methodology. Repeated visitation of the graveyard of the Prophet SallAllahu Alleihi Wasallam is neither obligatory, nor is it a recommended way of expressing love to him. On the contrary, the prophet prohibited making the graveyards as a place of Eid. In addition, calling upon the prophet SallAllahu Alleihi Wasallam (like 'Ya RasoolAllah') or any other dead person for that fact, is prohibited and is 'shirk'. May Allah subhaanaho waa ta'ala protect us from it. Ameen.

If we want to increase Eeman in our hearts and get inspired by stories, then we should instead turn to the Seerah of Rasool SallAllahu Alleihi Wasallam and to the real life incidents in the lives of Sahabah and other righteous predecessors. There are such beautiful lectures and books written on these topics, Insha'Allah we all can spend some time on them.

I hope my post makes it clear about what I wanted to convey. If I have offended you with my response or come across as harsh & rude, then I offer you my apology for that.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:

Brother thariq, is it okay to post an urdu video clip on here ? I can't really think of many in English that haven't been posted on TTI.

"The Night and Ascension Journey", 1973, by Shaykh Ash-Sha`raawi, rahimahullah.

Correct me if I am wrong please, but wasn't Sha'raawi a soofee ? Or am I confusing him with someone else ?

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
LOL, come on akh, you don't have to ask my permission for that. Course you can post an urdu video *smile*

Just making sure, with all the nice lectures and beautiful recitations posted here. :)

Shaykh Meraj Rabbani Hafidhullah is currently behind bars. May Allah subhaanahu waa ta'ala hasten his release and grant him good in this life and Akhirah. Ameen

[yt]Yy_jtPVwdlY[/yt]

This one is in Urdu. Apologies to those who can't understand what is being said.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

Kakorot

Surah Al Fatir, verses 27-28. I dont know the recitor.

[yt]sI_b9lyBIsw[/yt]

Someone left Islam, and a sis gave me this recitation to calm down. Surah Al Hujurat by Sameer Al Bashiri.

[yt]Uj54DqVS1jg[/yt]

Surah Al Hashr, verses 18-24(end) by 'Abdullaah Al Johany.

[yt]MbTBrAXb_lI[/yt]

^ 18. O you who believe! Fear Allaah and keep your duty to Him. And let every person look to what he has sent forth for the morrow, and fear Allaah. Verily, Allaah is All-Aware of what you do .

19. And be not like those who forgot Allaah (i.e. became disobedient to Allaah) and He caused them to forget their ownselves, (let them to forget to do righteous deeds). Those are the Faasiqoon (rebellious, disobedient to Allaah).

20. Not equal are the dwellers of the Fire and the dwellers of the Paradise. It is the dwellers of Paradise that will be successful.

21. Had We sent down this Qur'aan on a mountain, you would surely have seen it humbling itself and rending asunder by the fear of Allaah. Such are the parables which We put forward to mankind that they may reflect .

22. He is Allaah, than Whom there is Laa ilaaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He) the All-Knower of the unseen and the seen (open). He is the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.

23. He is Allaah than Whom there is Laa ilaaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He) the King, the Holy, the One Free from all defects, the Giver of security, the Watcher over His creatures, the All-Mighty, the Compeller, the Supreme. Glory be to Allaah! (High is He) above all that they associate as partners with Him.

24. He is Allaah, the Creator, the Inventor of all things, the Bestower of forms. To Him belong the Best Names . All that is in the heavens and the earth glorify Him. And He is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.

(Surah Al Hashr, verses 18-end).

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatulla wa baraktuhu

Thank you dear brother and may Allah reword you for your usefull,and nice thread where we can share our most dear Islamic videos. Mashallah, new members can find a loot of usefull vidoes on one place.

I hope Inshallah I can post two videos for now.

May Allah reword you jannatul Firdows. ameen summa ameen

:wasalam:

[yt]YiLmXQb8OpE[/yt]

Afghan nasheed,Ummah Nasheed- Allahu Akbar!!!

[yt]4kS7_z1b5Mg&feature [/yt]

Mujaheed letter to his wife