WHAT IS YOUR CONCEPT OF GOD????

helpinghumanity

:salam2:

I hope All of you are in the best of health and eeman. I have only 5 min...so there i have to go straight to post...

What is Your concept of God? If you were a revert, what was your concept before and after islam?

Or

Where is God? Is HE every where??? Or is HE is on a specific place?

NOTE;
There is a hidden purpose behind this post which may or may not be revealed.

safiya58

:salam2:

jazak allahu ckairan for this thread.

I believe in God from my childhood on... even when I was in doubt if Islam is the right religion... I was never in doubt that there is a Creator Who created everything we see... otherwise if I would not be blessed with my iman I could not bear to live in this unjust world... it is His endless Mercy, Justice and Might comforting my heart... but we can not imagine the Beauty of God even when we study His 99 names to try to understand Him. He is evrywhere and He is the onlyone Who is Perfect... and the one Who deserves to be praised....

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
Walikumasalam
My concept of god is from Islam.
The concept of God in Islam is based on Tawheed (The Oneness of Allah).

Surah Al-Ikhlas in the Quran :
Say "He is Allah, The One and Only Allah. The Eternal, Absolute; He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; And there is none like unto Him.”

This surah establishes the Oneness of the Creator: the doctrine of Tawhid. It says that God is without equal, without origin, without end, and unlike anything else that exists. The fourth line, "Nothing is like Him", is a fundamental statement of tanzih; God as the incomparable.
Allah's Attributes is another way in which we learn more about who Allah is, his beautiful 99 names such as The Creator- Al- Khaliq.

Therefore if wee analyse La ilaha- there is no god- denoncing any false god's
illah Llah -except (the true god) Allah.

Where is ALLAH?

Allah is above the heavens, as Muslims we know that the throne of Allah is above the heavens and the earth. When we do dua we raise our hands towards the sky not below.
1. "Do you feel secure that He, Who is over the heaven (Allah), will not cause the earth to sink with you?" (V. 67: 16)
2. And At-Tirmidhi, the great muhaditheen said: "He is above the Throne as He described in His Book. His Knowledge, Power, and Lordship are everywhere." [Al-fatawa by Ibn Taymeeah]

"Allah! There is no god but He - the Living, The Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him Nor Sleep. His are all things In the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede In His presence except As he permitteth? He knoweth What (appeareth to His creatures As) Before or After or Behind them. Nor shall they compass Aught of his knowledge Except as He willeth. His throne doth extend Over the heavens And on earth, and He feeleth No fatigue in guarding And preserving them, For He is the Most High. The Supreme (in glory)."
(This Verse 2:255 is called Ayat al-Kursi)

Whatever good has been said is from Allah and whatever bad has been said is from me.(May Allah forgive me)
Allah know best
wasalam

Sanaa01

Muslima
Allah the Almighty is above His Throne, in a manner that suits His Majesty

He descends in the last third part of the night and responds to the supplications of believers

He is the all-Seer, the all-Knower, the Protector of all that exists and He controls the affairs of the world being above the heavens:

Do you feel secure that He, WHO IS OVER THE HEAVEN will not cause the earth to sink with you? The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 67, Verse 16.
So the logic to worship idols because God exists everywhere does not hold true.

There is nothing comparable to Him. And He is The All-Hearing, The All-Seeing. The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 42, Verse 11
Creating objects of worship besides Allah.

Allah states, There is nothing like Him (Allah) but He sees and hears all. The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 42, Verse 11

and

There is none comparable to Him. The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 112, Verse 4 Allah goes on to inform us that our eyes cannot grasp Him. He said ,

Eyes cannot catch Him but He catches all eyes The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 6, Verse 103

gazkour

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakato

Concept of God: His 99 names. Before Islam I still had the 'same' concept but kind of in the back of my mind. It wasn't as real and powerful as it is now, Alhamdulillah!

Where is Allah: everywhere. As far as distance can go and closer than my jugular vain.

helpinghumanity

Concept of God:

Where is Allah: everywhere. As far as distance can go and closer than my jugular vain.

:wasalam:

The above two replies stated that God is above throne. And you said that he is every where....Is there hadith which supports your view point?.

To all others...

What is the difference between our God. And the God of Christian and Jews???