What is your reaction / reply?

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:salam2:

What would be your answer for the elders who say that

"You are too young to promote Islam / do Dawah" AND ON THE OTHER HAND they expect us allocate more time + energy with some useless stuff like, having a duel degree and etc........

Basically, if you spend more time on Islamic matters, it sounds time consuming for them, + some times they think you are mentally attacked with social issues and they come to advise you+ stop you from this noble act..... but at the same time if you engage your self with many different diplomas and degrees they are happy like nothing

IF this happens with you... HOW WILL YOU REACT????

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
assalaamu alaykkum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh

Give them the examples of young sahaabahs (may Allah be pleased with them all).. Show them how these young and energetic sahaabahs turned into important figures of islaam just by practicing and preaching...

Show them the verses from Qur'aan encouraging us to do da'wah; enjoining good deeds and forbidding the bad deeds. Most of the time, when you start quoting from Qur'aan people stop their worthless talks.

PLUS prove to them that you can excel in your academics while doing good deeds by putting some extra effort.
(easier said than done... i am struggling with this problem myself)

Hearts of Greenbirds

if you dont learn now when will you learn
things doesnt just come to you
one more thing you are never 2 young to learn rather it is islam nor worldly stuff ,,, and try to make them understand why and how
show them ,,, stand for what you believe inshallah they will come around it is just about time :) and have sbr it is the keey to everything the keey to every door ,, if you know what i mean Dear ukhtii

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself

I wish I had made this decision 10 years ago, but I wasn't ready back then. I realize that now after talking to a counselor today. I no longer as much like my life has been wasted time.

The younger the better...

complex_man

AND ON THE OTHER HAND they expect us allocate more time + energy with some useless stuff like, having a duel degree and etc........

HOW WILL YOU REACT????

It is not useless. it is as important as Dawah. please broaden up your thinking. getting education and good career are also important. Dawah you can do after you have done your obligations to your studies. it is not fard.

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
It is not useless. it is as important as Dawah. please broaden up your thinking. getting education and good career are also important. Dawah you can do after you have done your obligations to your studies. it is not fard.

Respected Akhi...

Thank you for your views. I know education is compulsory upon every Muslim.
The word "Useless" was an indication for the possession of "Duel Degree", and it never indicates education as a whole...on my question...
You have misunderstood me....

My question was.... when you are already engaged with your bachelors, you make Dawah.. but some elders interrupt you and say that
instead of doing Dawah, it would be nice and better if I can increase your title with another degree !!!

Isn't this "Useless" Akhi??

And of course you said that Dawah is NOT Fard.... I think you are wrong here Brother......

Dawah is FARD / MANDATORY / COMPULSORY upon YOU and ME and ALL

You see Akhi... No one can ever say that the Dawah is not Fard upon us...

BECAUSE it is one of the main prerequisites for a Muslim to enter Jannah....

To know what I am saying, easily.... just watch this clip..

[yt]XtFAPdLeUW0[/yt]​

Plus Our Prophet (PBUH) said that we should pass his message to others , even if we com to know a single word from him...

According to your ability , you should do Dawah..
As a Muslim,If you love paradise for you, you should love the same on other human beings too.....You can only complete this task with Dawah

Again I hope we all still remember the story of the PIOUS man who was destroyed by Allah Azzawajal, because he never conveyed the truth to the wrong doers... !!!
And again, Jazakalalhu khair Akhi, let us have a wonderful understanding on this issue.. Insha Allah

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum: Sister Faaraa.

Dawah is extremely sensitive matter for if the Da'ee isn't acquainted with human psychology and is not well equipped with whole-sum of knowledge of Deen. Just I will try to give you an example of which I myself is witness. There was an Islamic conference about three years back in my city organized by Ahlul-Hadith Jamaat. Many Da'ee from across India too attended the conference,though the main purpose of the conference was to refine within our Muslim community. I anyhow managed to pursue my Dad to attend the conference. I told him I am also just attending the conference with a respect to my Muslim friendships. At the venue of conference my father was introduced by a Da'ee. The Da'ee without analyzing my Dad's psychology started giving him Dawah. Believe me he began in just an erroneous way that I began to perplex.

You know how did the Da'ee began his Dawah?. He at once started telling about hell to my father and I have to say truly that presentation was frightening even for anyone else other than my father. I handled the situation and shifted the topic. So you see Dawah requires a very high skill and in depth knowledge of Deen as well as human psychology. My Dad never reacts instantaneously to any of stimuli but once an negative impression imprints his brain I think it is never washed out. And still today the imprints are alive in his brain and he thinks Dawah is nothing but a sort of imperialism though not colonial but the religious one.

So I think Sister Faaraa train yourself to a degree of perfection as regards to Dawah and indeed it is a long process.

I think at your age of student life you should be more conscious about your career. Your elders are not wrong. You need to assemble an coordination between career and activities which you desire to carry our parallel to your education.

Regards.

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
PLUS prove to them that you can excel in your academics while doing good deeds by putting some extra effort.
(easier said than done... i am struggling with this problem myself)

:wasalam:

In fact this is the most tough part....
People are strange always... and I still wonder when will they realize the importance of Dawah...

May Allah make our tasks easy for us Aameen... :)

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~

I faced a similar problem ,sister.My parents would say ,"You have your whole life left to do these things."I was like I dont know Allah knows ,how long my life is.It's true that we have to strike a balance between the two,though it might sound difficult.We have to do the very least we are able to do.
As brother sachin said earlier,knowledge and way of approaching is also very important.As it says in the Qur'an ,(I forgot where) that if the prophet :saw: were to be harsh,certainly people would have turned away.
So etiquette and knowledge is also very important when it comes to dawah and one should do it up to his.her level.
I was with a group of da'ees and they were talking on this very topic.What they inferred was,that sacrifiices must be made by a person who wants to do dawah.Plus the levels of this sacrifices might vary according to circumstances.Some people can make bigger sacrifices,some people have ability to make smaller ones.So one should evaluate oneself as to what amount of sacrifice one can make and from that he/she can take the necessary steps.
So,it might be difficult but to do something you have to leave a few things.Plus as Qur'an says in surah fussilat "Who is better in speech than one who calls people towards Allah.." So certainly dawah is very important in order to seek good pleasure of Allah.It doesn't matter if we are doing a lot or not,but the thing we should do the least we can.
May Allah grant us tawfeeq to dawah and may Allah accept it from us.Ameen.

:wasalam:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu. . .

You are not alone there ukht! Most of here can relate.

Your way to get around them is to have the right attitude. You just have to show you "damn" care about the "ups and downs" of your studies and that what you want is a high place in Jannah. You got to to sacrifice some for that. It may sound harsh, but sister, not everyone is Zakir Naik= M.B.B.S.+Brilliant Da'ee. So yeah welcome to the real world! Choose and stick to it. It's your persistence that'll solve you problem here.

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum: Sister

Dr.Zakir Naik is not a cardiologist in fact he is M.B.B.S. In India a cardiologist is defined for D.M ( cardiology). It takes about six mores post M.B.B.S to complete D.M cardiology.

Regards.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarakatuhu dear sister

Dear sister, many Muslims are passing trough simullar worries, and are been judged for giving any kind of Dawah about our deen Islam, from the side of Muslim by themselfe and non Muslims.

But we should never forget on words of Allah subhan wa teala where Allah tell us and make a fard upon all of us to give dawah abour our Deen. Allah subhan wa teala sais in Quran: And who is better in speech than he who [says: "My Lord is Allah (believes in His Oneness)," and then stands straight (acts upon His Order), and] invites (men) to Allah's (Islamic Monotheism), and does righteous deeds, and says: "I am one of the Muslims."( Surah Al Fussilat)

By Al-'Asr (the time).Verily! Man is in loss,
Except those who believe (in Islamic Monotheism) and do righteous good deeds, and recommend one another to the truth (i.e. order one another to perform all kinds of good deeds (Al-Ma'ruf)which Allah has ordained, and abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds (Al-Munkar)which Allah has forbidden), and recommend one another to patience (for the sufferings, harms, and injuries which one may encounter in Allah's Cause during preaching His religion of Islamic Monotheism or Jihad, etc.). ( Sura Al Asr, ayah 1-3)

These ayahs should be enough remainder for us that one of the dearest speach to Allah is calling to Islam, and this includes also our niyah and deeds for the sake of calling other to the only right and pure way, and that way is Islaam.

My beloved parents sometime advice me also to spend more time on secular education, but I tell them that I can also memoraise Quran,and improve and increase more my Islamic knowledge.Alhamdulillah I know that as Muslimah I aslo need to have secular education,because I can help to our Ummah on this way also, and that with my folowing of Islam I can be good example to others.

And I always say to my parents, that the best way of teaching other to Islam is with your own behaviour or your own example, like for example with wearing Hijaab, or wearing Islamic cloth for Muslim man,calling " Salam" to all Muslims, giving sadaqa and helping to poor people, attending to Islamic lectures, and there are many other more good way that we be good example to others,and on that way that we advise others about truthfullness of Allahs Deen.

We should never forget that our Muslim behaviour is the key of success of all our Muslim Ummah and that beside our Islamic knowledge, our Muslim behaviour is also the same importante, because we have example of our beloved Prophet sallahu alayha wa saalam where his beloved wife Asiha raddiAllahu anhu said: " Allahs Messanger was like a walking Quran". And we should always be lead with these words, Allahs advices for us, and example and Sunnah of our beloved Prophet Mohammed sallahu alayha wa saalam, his Sahabahs raddAllahu anhum and first generations of Muslims, but as well we should take example of previous Prophets of Allah.

And Allah knows the best. SubhanAllah wa bi Hamdihi WAllahu Akbaar

May Allah help us all with learning about Islam and passing our knowledge on others for there is no other Helper except of Allah. Ameen ya Rabby

Wa allaicumu saalam wa raahmatullah wa baarakatuhu

Abu Ameerah

Masha Allah. This was actually happened to me, when I was in College, one of my uncles took me to Da'wah, and when my mother knew of my involvement in Da'wah, she was bit upset and asked me to concentrate on my studies. Well may Allah bless my Mother and accept her to His Vast Gardens. I did follow my mother's advise and concentrate on completing my college degree. Alhamdolillah, I did graduated college and now in Saudi Arabia working in one of the reputable companies here. However, if I could go back to that situation, I would stop my college by explaining my mother politely and nicely the beauty of da'wah, the benefits that she would get in the hereafter, and devote my time to da'wah, learning Islam and memorizing the holy Qur'an. Anyway, since we are a Muslim (Alhamdolillah) and we believe in the Qadr of Allah. We just simply say, Alhamdolillah for everything that we had now and accept whatever given to us by Allah. To have an eiman (faith) to Allah is the thing that we should always proud and hold on it. May Allah make us a strong Muslims and accept us as a Muslim and die as a pure Muslim, following the Sunnah and the Quran.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I came out of my peaceful hibernation to respond and then I am going back to my abode of peace for a minute.

Folks lets get real. There is a time for everything. There is a season for everything.

When you are young your minds are so agile and like sponges they soak up knowledge. I get jealous. You have the world wide open to you. This is the time to gain knowledge.

In your early adulthood it is the time to apply the knowledge. You guys talk about dreams and careers and all the good that is promised to life.

A little later you realize what is important. I call this the school of hard knocks. You are tested and you discard what is not important. You learn to take the disappointments of life in stride.

Then there is a moment in life when you make peace with yourself. You are who you are.

It is always important to talk about Allah. It is good to give thanks to Allah. It is good to gain knowledge.

It is the test of knowledge that gives us wisdom. It is surviving knoweldge that gives us wisdom.

So slow it down. Gain knowledge. It's a little like swimming. You can't dive into the deep end of the pool if you can't swim.

Allah will make a path for you to impart His Religion to others. Just learn to live for a minute.

I wish you all peace.

JenGiove

I don't recall the whole thing so someone else will have to fill in the blanks but I remember reading something about dawah and how someone should strive to give dawah "even if it is just an ayat".

My personal opinion is this: alot of the time, you remember more easily by trying to pass on accurate information to another. It forces you to read and research and that opens your mind and heart to more and more information. At first, it can seem overwhelming but soon, you learn how to narrow down your focus within the subject and that's where remembering begins.

esperanza

revert of many years
Assalaam walaikum,

I came out of my peaceful hibernation to respond and then I am going back to my abode of peace for a minute.

Folks lets get real. There is a time for everything. There is a season for everything.

When you are young your minds are so agile and like sponges they soak up knowledge. I get jealous. You have the world wide open to you. This is the time to gain knowledge.

In your early adulthood it is the time to apply the knowledge. You guys talk about dreams and careers and all the good that is promised to life.

A little later you realize what is important. I call this the school of hard knocks. You are tested and you discard what is not important. You learn to take the disappointments of life in stride.

Then there is a moment in life when you make peace with yourself. You are who you are.

It is always important to talk about Allah. It is good to give thanks to Allah. It is good to gain knowledge.

It is the test of knowledge that gives us wisdom. It is surviving knoweldge that gives us wisdom.

So slow it down. Gain knowledge. It's a little like swimming. You can't dive into the deep end of the pool if you can't swim.

Allah will make a path for you to impart His Religion to others. Just learn to live for a minute.

I wish you all peace.

what a wise answer ..thank you sister:hijabi:

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:)

Jazakalahu Khair every one !!!!

Thank you all for sharing your PRECIOUS and WISE views and having a noce discussion :)

Have a happy Ramadan !

Add me in your Dua's :)