What motivates you???

newusman

Muslim
Salam. :cool:
Just wanted to know what motivates you to gain knowledge in every field (deen & dunia both). For me islam is what motivates me to study more regarding dunia & at times akhira and for the betterment of my self is the motivation behind gaining knowledge of deen (my knowledge regarding deen is extremely limited).
It would be really great if someone can post stories of how the learned men in Islam (earlier generations) gained knowledge. What were their thoughts regarding this & how did they practically go about with it.
Wa-Salam

najbc

assalamu alaykum,
Many things motivate me but main things is my Deen. The first main thing that motivates me is Islam, it motivates me all the time, to gain knowledge and share it with and it helps me get closer to goals in life. Knowledge and good deen are the key to better future.The second big thing that motivate me is my background and it history.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
this is sumthing i actually have a serious misunderstanding about, i mean, im all up for gaining knowledge of the deen and i would love to study with scholars in that field but when it comes to secular education i tend to lack motivation...i just think 'im wasting my time' but i know thats not the right attitude but the fact remains that i would much prefer to study Islam at a higher level (much more than science and it would benefit me more than any medical degree or sumthing!)

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Assalamu alaykum,

one of the things that keeps me motivated is doing the right thing I mean when i do the right thing it just makes me happy and proud. another thing is doing all my prays because beening a high school student i have diffcult time praying. I am in class but now i don't worry about that i make time to pray in school. I am motivated by reading books. I KNOW wired but most books are very motivating. That is all the things that i now can think motivates me! And getting good report card and mostly geting good grade in my English papers. HEY I have a lot but they are kind of personal. Bye!

P.S by the way this is good qestion!

presa1200

assalamu alaykum,
Many things motivate me but main things is my Deen. The first main thing that motivates me is Islam, it motivates me all the time, to gain knowledge and share it with and it helps me get closer to goals in life. Knowledge and good deen are the key to better future.The second big thing that motivate me is my background and it history.

Waalaikumsalam,

i'm same wf u too. Thing that keeps motivated me till end of life is our own religion, Islam. We do everything just for Allah.

in my country, government has restriction for Islamic activities. And my ambition is to let the citizens know about the truth of Islam. Just for example, i want to learn 3d software so that i could be an animator in future and produce high quality islamic animation or movies. I want malaysian to have chance watching those movie and InsyaAllah they will like Islam.

What people don't like to do, i will do it. Teenagers nowaday prefer to watch love and touching movies... they tend to forget about islam. So in future day, with enough capabilities me and my friend will produce Islamic movie to change the teenager's unhealthy lifestyle, InsyaAllah.

Globalpeace

Banned
Bring it on!

Superb question; everyone in my humble opinion should reflect on this.
********************************************************************************************

Discrimination...Hatred...Bigotry...Someone telling me that I can’t succeed at something (Halal stuff off course)

Blatant, Hard in my face, Glass-ceiling stuff !

Alhum-do-lillah; nothing better then that, to get you going in the mornings.

I have always encountered it since I was 15 & ALWAYS won!

I don’t like loosing at anything.

No Limits! No Fear! Both are for little Girls!

I am working VERY HARD at learning on HOW to lose to my Brothers/Sisters & TTI is my tool to get to my goal, particularly losing from younger ones! :SMILY139: :SMILY259:

I realise that there is no such thing as perfection so there will always be a need for improvement.

seekerofpeace

Money, but not in the way that that sounds.

Money allows me to do things I wouldn't otherwise be able to do, that is continue my never ending search for knowledge, to help the poor and less fortunate when I am lucky enough to be given a chance to help them.

It is also a tool that can be used to render aide to those who need it, not just by handing them a $5.00 but blankets and other items to a family who's lost everything in a fire. I buy teddy bears for the local police to give to children who are in traumatic situations.

So looking back I would say helping others motivates me

Salam,
Matthew

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
:salam2:

What motivates me to gain more knowledge in every field is to make a difference in peoples lives.

As Muslims many people view us as ignorant or a word we hear often terrorists. I want to prove to everyone that we Muslims aint neither of those. We are intelligent people, who know right from wrong. I want to prove to everyone that we are Humans just like veryone else. We are educated and we have feelings!

Aduos, asta lauega

Salam,

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

What motivates me is quite simple. I live in the moment. It took a long time to learn that is for me. I relish each experience. I absorb the moment. I know I will never have that opportunity ever again in my life. Sometimes, I wonder why I have to endure it at other times I have the glee of the moment. That is my motivation. Allah has given this moment and nothing else is a given.

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
What motivates me is helping people, I love it!! It gives me a sense of knowing that what I'm doing is going to benefit someone, subhanallah!! Teaching my children about islam, they motivate me too, alhamdullilah!! Trying to stay strong in this dunya, and knowing I am following the commands of my Lord!!:ma:

newusman

Muslim
So brother GP who gives you your dose of "Blatant, Hard in my face, Glass-ceiling stuff" every morning, dont tell me your spouse:SMILY335: !!!
I noticed none of the replies mentioned that their spouse motivates them for something, be it knowledge of Islam or any other activity???
Well let me ask one more question, what motivates you when your totally tired of trying, what makes you take that extra step?
inshAllah I guess more brothers & sisters can join in & share their experience.

Superb question; everyone in my humble opinion should reflect on this.
********************************************************************************************

Discrimination...Hatred...Bigotry...Someone telling me that I can’t succeed at something (Halal stuff off course)

Blatant, Hard in my face, Glass-ceiling stuff !

Alhum-do-lillah; nothing better then that, to get you going in the mornings.

I have always encountered it since I was 15 & ALWAYS won!

I don’t like loosing at anything.

No Limits! No Fear! Both are for little Girls!

I am working VERY HARD at learning on HOW to lose to my Brothers/Sisters & TTI is my tool to get to my goal, particularly losing from younger ones! :SMILY139: :SMILY259:

I realise that there is no such thing as perfection so there will always be a need for improvement.

Globalpeace

Banned
Glory in Battle!

Asslamo Allaikum,

Somebody telling me that I can't do something or can't accomplish something....makes me take the extra step

Anger makes me take the Extra Step!

Hunger makes me take the Extra Step!

Passion makes me take the Extra Step!

Sheer stubborness makes me take the Extra Step!

Just the feeling that something is DAMN HARD (well nigh impossible) makes me take the Extra Step!

Being against overwhelming odds makes me take the Extra Step!

I don't care about the results, fighting a good battle is what matters in life.

So brother GP who gives you your dose of "Blatant, Hard in my face, Glass-ceiling stuff" every morning, dont tell me your spouse:SMILY335: !!!
I noticed none of the replies mentioned that their spouse motivates them for something, be it knowledge of Islam or any other activity???
Well let me ask one more question, what motivates you when your totally tired of trying, what makes you take that extra step?
inshAllah I guess more brothers & sisters can join in & share their experience.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wabrkatuhu

Great question, Personally I have never given a thought to it. Since I started to learn more about My Deen, I was giving off the materialistic world around me. Even studies were not important to me.

But then again when I saw people discriminating me for my Religion, I thought that things cannot go like this. I have to build up a reason of why I am doing things, what should I do, what not, set up the priorities ?

Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala did not create us simply, we have definite jobs and duties in this dunya.

First thing which I have been trying to focus on, is my duty towards my parents. I want to help them so that I can make them feel happy and at peace. And then to my relatives, brothers and sisters across the globe.

Anything which you want to do, you have to like and love it. Only then you can get motivation to do the job. Without love towards your duty, you cannot achieve peace, pleasure and success in doing the job.

If I have taken a number of attempts to do a particular job, but have not been able to accomplish it, I leave it to Allah SUbhanahu wa Taala. I dont use extra force to accomplish a job only if it is not so important. Seeking guidance from Allah, always helps in motivation and success.

But sometimes I think your spouse can be a real reason for your motivation.

Need some more years to know it practically.

wa/salam

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..
Assalam Alykom

There are many things that motivated me to gain knowledge and improve

1) After reading The life of our beloved prophet Mohammed (PBUH), the way our prophet (PBUH) used to wonder about Allah's creation, the moon, the sun, the perfection in this creation. I love to follow his steps, I just started and inshallah I can be a good muslim.

2) Knowing there are many people who are less fortunate than me, I have a chance that if it was given to someone poor, and uneducated I believe he/she would of done many great things for this dunya and hereafter, so I have to appreciate what I have and strive for success.

3) Loving the needy people puts in my heart something very difficult to explain.

4) Experienced difficult life at younger age, and learned how to survive from hunger,illness,violence, but still at the top of studies made feel happy, and whenever I feel down I remember I was nothing yesterday.

5) Not knowing how to envy, hate made feel good alhamdullah I have a good character no matter how empty are my pockets.

6) Spending quick in charity, made me feel that money is nothing, and subhanallah more money comes back to me..

If it wasn't for Allah's blessing up on me, I would not feel the happy...

To be happy remember the people who are less fortunate than yourself..