What would you like your phone to do? IDEAS!!

Discussion in 'Mobile Zone' started by uniqueskates, Nov 11, 2012.

1. uniqueskates
    Cool

uniqueskates Rabbe Zidni Illma

Java Programmer
    Ratings Received:
    +287 / 1
    AssalaamuAlaikum..

My friends and me are planning to build an Application(app) for mobile phones in the Android platform.

I had thought of one like - Creating an application for blood donation. A few functions of it would be
    a) A person in need for blood can send a request through it.
    b) A person can be a donor by registering, so that in case blood of his type is needed he would get a mess/notification.
    c) Maybe can check out with the blood banks which blood groups are available with them(tentative one)

I am looking forward for ideas from you all.
    To ignite your thoughts, please think what would you like to do with your phone.?

P.S - Note - We are focusing more on non-commercial type of an app. Something which can help people/rural development/saving environment. But even the commercial type ones are very much welcomed. It would give me a broader angle of view.

JazakAllah Khair.
    Peace.
  2. Hassan
    sunnah

Hassan Laa ilaha ilaa Allah Staff Member

Ratings Received:
    +338 / 1
    Wa alaikum asalaam,

I think blood donation is managed differently here, though it may be a good idea for where your are. Same goes for development/environment I think.

I can never get prayer time apps to agree with my local mosque times, at least for Zuhr, Asr and Isha, that may be more a question of my knowledge than something you can solve.

Fajr and Maghrib are more easy to correspond. Because they can change so much over the year, I adjust my alarm time fairly often. To be able to set a relative alarm for Fajr -40mins would be great and save me adjusting the time so often. Also, during Ramadan, to set an alert for 2-5 mins before Azan would really help. Maybe such a thing already exists, but I didn't find it yet.

Not so imaginative, even, but you did ask what I would like.

Peace