What would you like your phone to do? IDEAS!!

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
AssalaamuAlaikum..

My friends and me are planning to build an Application(app) for mobile phones in the Android platform.

I had thought of one like - Creating an application for blood donation. A few functions of it would be
a) A person in need for blood can send a request through it.
b) A person can be a donor by registering, so that in case blood of his type is needed he would get a mess/notification.
c) Maybe can check out with the blood banks which blood groups are available with them(tentative one)

I am looking forward for ideas from you all.
To ignite your thoughts, please think what would you like to do with your phone.?

P.S - Note - We are focusing more on non-commercial type of an app. Something which can help people/rural development/saving environment. But even the commercial type ones are very much welcomed. It would give me a broader angle of view.

JazakAllah Khair.
Peace.

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
Wa alaikum asalaam,

I think blood donation is managed differently here, though it may be a good idea for where your are. Same goes for development/environment I think.

I can never get prayer time apps to agree with my local mosque times, at least for Zuhr, Asr and Isha, that may be more a question of my knowledge than something you can solve.

Fajr and Maghrib are more easy to correspond. Because they can change so much over the year, I adjust my alarm time fairly often. To be able to set a relative alarm for Fajr -40mins would be great and save me adjusting the time so often. Also, during Ramadan, to set an alert for 2-5 mins before Azan would really help. Maybe such a thing already exists, but I didn't find it yet.

Not so imaginative, even, but you did ask what I would like.

Peace