What's jelabi ?

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
:salam2:

I recently moved into a mostly asian area in London called Southall, also known as 'Little India' lol. I've seen this round orangey coloured thing they make and sell around every corner, think it's called Jelabi or something. Anyone tried it before, wondering what it tastes like. Right now, I don't know anyone round here and feel a shy in asking.

:wasalam:

samiha

---------
Staff member
Wa alaykum assalam.

AHHHH!! YOU SHOULD TASTE IT, IT'S SOOOO AWESOME! :p

excuse the enthusiasm, but it's really good. it's hard to make, my mother and i sometimes make them, but they don't look as good :)

They are made from a batter piped onto the hot oil (like funnel cakes), so that an experienced cook will continue onto the next swirl without breaking the stream of batter. Once a batch has been made, the 'individual' jalebis can be simply broken off from each other (this would be after they are dipped into the sugar syrup)

THey are like fried on oil then dipped in melted sugar, so they absorb the sugar really welll and are really sweet! they luv my sweet tooth so much much much... :D

wassalam.

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....

Thanks for that Sis:) Can't wait to try it. Found a picture of it:

jelabi.jpg

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
Salaam alikom

Yea they have Adverb from jalebi...... tou ek dam jalebi ki terah seeda hai ..( you are straight like jalebi)
jalebi.jpg

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
Assalamu' alaikum

If the "round orangey coloured thing" you are talking about, that I know.
Jelabi? Well, here it's called Ladoo. Although I love sweets, but I find the ladoo extremely sweet for me. But its worth a try.

Wasalam. :hijabi:

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
If the "round orangey coloured thing" you are talking about, that I know.
Jelabi? Well, here it's called Ladoo. Although I love sweets, but I find the ladoo extremely sweet for me. But its worth a try.

Wasalam. :hijabi:

Very sweet....agree..Ladoo...

Strange thosai here become dosai there

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

I really never knew that there are so many Indians, Pakistanis and Bangladeshi ppl here at TTI. Bhaiyon aur unki Behenon ko mera SALAAM lol !!! :p I'm glad to have all of you here

Ma'assalaam

zarah

Islam
Staff member

Jelabi..........I like the Ambala ones I don`t like to orange one.....,bro its better with cold milk....(lol I am making myself hungary!)

Globalpeace

Banned
Straight like a Jaleebi!

Asslamo Allaikum,

You made me laugh, yes they say that in Urdu for women!

تو ایک دم جلیبی کی طرح سیدھی ھے۔

You (female) are a straight (forward) person like a Jaleebi.

Everyone look at the Jaleebi; see how STRAIGHT it is!:SMILY209: :SMILY335: :SMILY209:

I can similarities between a woman and a Jaleebi! :)

Salaam alikom

Yea they have Adverb from jalebi...... tou ek dam jalebi ki terah seeda hai ..( you are straight like jalebi)
jalebi.jpg

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

What makes it so good is it soooo sweet; and sticky, and light to taste.
Now I have to drive 350 miles to get a taste...and I always do.

Globalpeace

Banned
W-Salam,

I know what you just said "Naughty Boy"!

I really never knew that there are so many Indians, Pakistanis and Bangladeshi ppl here at TTI. Bhaiyon aur unki Behenon ko mera SALAAM lol !!! :p I'm glad to have all of you here

Ma'assalaam

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....

Guess what people? I still haven't tried Jelabi yet, even though I see them at least 15 times a day! Anyway, Jelabi has been the last thing on my mind at recently but inshallah I'll give it a try sometime soon. I think its something like £5.00 per kilo.....

wasalam

kayleigh

I used to eat it when I was a little kid but never knew the name of it until now. I always thought it looked like a soggy Cheeto. I haven't had it in a long time but I'd probably find it too sweet now.