What's the biggie about age difference in marriages

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

:salam2:

Dear brother Robin, i really liked yr views, mashaAllah. One thing i just wanna point out is that the words u used after Allah (i.e. :saw2: ) are not the correct words and we use these words for Mohammad :saw2:, since its a dua and a wish in favor of him :saw2:, which we ask Allah to bestow upon him :saw2: . I hope brother u didnt mind me telling u this.
Remember me in your duas,

Your brother in Islam
Ma'ssalaam

Noor to shine

Sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam

:salam2: all
:saw2: (Sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam ) This is an expression that Muslims use whenever the name of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) is mentioned or written. The meaning of it is: "May the blessings and the peace of Allah be upon him (Muhammad).

Another expression that is alternatively used is: "Alaihissalatu Wassalam." This expression means: "On Him (Muhammad) are the blessings and the peace of Allah."

Allah has ordered Muslims, in the Qur'an, to say such an expression. Muslims are informed that if they proclaim such a statement once, Allah will reward them ten times.

Al-Ahzab [33:56]
إِنَّ اللَّهَ وَمَلَائِكَتَهُ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا صَلُّوا عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُوا تَسْلِيمًا

33:56 Allah and His angels send blessings on the Prophet: O ye that believe! Send ye blessings on him, and salute him with all respect.
Quran

sajjuaiah

:bismillah:

For your support, My wife is 10 years older than me.

For me age is not important.

Prophet Muhammad (S.a.W) was 25 when he got married with Khadija (R.A) when she was 40 in her age.

Jazakmullah Hu-Khairan

Noor to shine

swt means :Glorified and Exalted is He

:salam2: for all
Allah swt said in Quran:
[سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى عَمَّا يَقُولُونَ]

(Glorified and Exalted is He high above what they say!) meaning these idolators who transgress and do wrong when they claim that there are other gods besides Him.

[عُلُوّاً كَبِيراً]

(high above) means, far above. He is Allah, the One, the Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need. He begets not, nor was He begotten, and there is none comparable or coequal unto Him.

[تُسَبِّحُ لَهُ السَّمَـوَتُ السَّبْعُ وَالاٌّرْضُ وَمَن فِيهِنَّ وَإِن مِّن شَىْءٍ إِلاَّ يُسَبِّحُ بِحَمْدَهِ وَلَـكِن لاَّ تَفْقَهُونَ تَسْبِيحَهُمْ إِنَّهُ كَانَ حَلِيمًا غَفُورًا ]

(The seven heavens and the earth and all that is therein, glorify Him and there is not a thing but glorifies His praise. But you understand not their glorification. Truly, He is Ever Forbearing, Oft-Forgiving.)

Wulf

My Friends

Thank you for pointing these errors out to me. maybe i should leave out the Arab texts until I learn more.

Thank you for your patience.

Wa'Salaam

Muhammad_A

Penguin fancier
I'd rather have a wife who was in her late teens/early twenties just to increase the chances (inshAllah) of us having children.

Obviously she'd have to be content with being a wife and a mother rather than pursuing some career goal. How many women can you say that about these days?

salam

i was wondering, what is the youngest age can a girl be to get married.
i know puberty is the starting time.
in other words, is it a bad idea to marry someone who is about (~12)?
i know in a western mind that would be called "rape" ?!?!?!?!?!
can any brother or father comment on this
especially, what do you sisters think

Muhammad_A

Penguin fancier
Where I live it's 16 (with her parents permission).

The kaffir would regard a 16 year old marrying anyone over 21 (say) as totally beyond the pale. I'm not sure how we'd feel about it but, if I was offered marriage to a 16 year old and she was suitable (in terms of her deen, imaan, modesty, maturity, etc) I'd have to pray to Allah (swt) for guidance before making a decision one way or the other.

I have no idea what Allah has ordained for me in terms of a wife (or wives :eek:). Only he knows and I accept my Rabb's decision, without reservation. Whatever my own personal feelings might be.

HamdulIllah

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Assalamu alaykum,

My father is older than my mother i personal think it is nice for a women to get marry to older guy rather then a woman marrying a younger guy. I think older guys are more mature and responsible than a younger husband. I hope not to offend anyone by this. This is just perspective of unmarry sister.

Destiny_Jannah

I wouldn't consider marying a guy younger than me ;) obviously there are reasons. And not even older guy, 2-4 years gap might be fine..but like 10-20 yrs? come on !

califmuslimah

Marriage and age...

Assalamu'alaykum brothers and sisters, I'm a new revert of 3 yrs. and Alhamdulillah I'm so happy that Allah guided me to the true path.

Being born and raised in the U.S. marriage and age isn't a big deal. Older men with younger women is common and even OLDER WOMEN and younger men is now more common than ever. I was always one of those who liked the younger men. LOL. I don't see this situation really in Muslim couples though. Seems like Muslim men like younger women than themselves. Or I'm I just not seeing it the other way around? Just curious sense I'm thinking of marrying again.

WS:blackhijab:

missmuslim18

im unmarried and i think age should never be a barrier. i also think it should be a bigg deal if the brother is already married [for sisters of course]

Sophie

:salam2: Anyone have a problem with marrying someone older than they are like 5-10 yrs older what about younger ?????

Is anyone here married like that ??does it make a difference just curious???

heard younger guys are more Immature and older guys are to demanding :lol: :lol: :lol:
:salam2: My beloved husband was 30 when we married. I was 42. He is now going to be 35 and I am 47. We love each other very,very much. I think it is not the age that is important,but if you are well suited for each other.I think I will have to start a new subject because we are seriously thinking about second wife. I am unable to bear children,and I want my love to have children.:hearts: Inshalallah we will find a great second wife.:hearts:

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
My husband is 11 years older than me and alhamdullilah we have a beautiful relationship, age is nothing but a number and should not play a factor in choosing a suitable spouse. Allah knows best!:)

MubarekMuslimah

Salaams

My husband is 7 years older than me. We have been married 3 years alhamdulillah and all is good :)

Age is just a number really - its what in their heart that counts. And dont use people's stereotpyes about what older/younger guys are like - everyone is different.

Waslaams

najbc

Assalam

I do not think people think about the age number or the numbers are the problem. they think about the life they want to have togehert and the children. some people want to give their kids a younger father or mother that will be there for them and will stay around for them. idf you are a mother, do not you want to give your kids a strong and younger father that will be there for them.

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
I beg to differ. You might have someone younger who is not full of energy, whereas you have an older one who is just the opposite. Age is just a state of mind. My mother used to always say you are as young as you feel. Younger does not always mean he is more active than the older one. My husband is 11 years older than me, and is very active, mashallah. He plays basketball, goes to the gym etc.... And by the way just because the person is older does not mean he has a shorter life, Allah can call us at anytime, not just in old age. Allah knows best!!:hearts:

ehsan

i guess age does'nt make any difference. Understanding is the most important factor between a relation. Islam has given us practiocal examples of way of life as marrying someone younger or elder is also a sunnah.

Its simple... fulfil ur rights of being a good husband/wife as guided by Islam and Allah will automatically bless ur relation.

May we all be blessed with good life partners. Amin !

:wasalam: