When a fellow Muslim hurts you?

Joslyn

Allah's Way of Life
Salam, everyone.

I am a new Muslim, and right now I am very discouraged. A brother has hurt me very much and has caused me much frustration. What should I do? What does the Quran say to do when a fellow Muslim has been unkind to his sister?

~ Joslyn ~
:shymuslima1:

firdeus

Dear sister Joselyn,

I understand your frustration ( I belive it was in the thread about the pope), and I comprehend is hard, but one advice I would give. Consider that even in your own family disagreements are always present and we always find ways to deal with them in best way. I would say don't judge him, have patience and inshallah he will make it up to you very soon. We are all here brothers and sisters for the sake of Allah only. Make dua to Allah to ease your frustration of the moment , and I know for a fact, patience does wonders. Inshallah this will serve only to strengthen your eman, and know that we go to some trials even within our comunity. It is the love of Allah that makes up for them, and keep our brotherhood every time more stronger and more beautiful. I pray to Allah that He put a smile in your face, from the same brother.Sincerely with love for the sake of Allah only.

Your sister in islam
:hijabi::salah:

ripefig

:salam2:

AAAw, please don,t be upset sister. I Am sure the Brother had no intention in hurting you. Sometimes debates etc. can bring about emotions at that point in time which will subside after the debate. And never be dicouraged in your deen. Many of us value your opinion, and also learn from you, so do not despair. We are all learning from each other. We will all have our ups and down and this is part of faith. May Allah bless you and continue to guide us all. Please cheer up my sister. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE. Knowing that you feel down makes me feel down:SMILY23:

allmuslimsrequal

Salaam alikoum Joclyn! I hope you are well- It sounds as though you are going through some difficulties. This friend of yours- he is obviously hurting you- I dont know how he is... but you have made it clear that you feel burned.

I have found a few verses from the Noble Qur'an which perhaps can help you.

( ...And those who annoy and unjustly displease believing men and women have the guilt on themselves of slander and an evident sin) --33:58

The first thing I would do is Talk to your friend- let him know what he has done wrong, and that Allah (Swt) does not like Muslims who cause unjust harm to other Muslims.

(Oh you who believe! Stand firmly for Allah, as just witness for just and fair dealings. And do not let the hatred of others to make you lean towards wrong or away from Justice. Be just- that is next to piety) 5:8

(And those who, when grave wrong is inflicted on them, are not afraid- but HELP and defend themselves.--42:39

And indeed- whoever shows Patience and Forgiveness, that would be a bold act of will--and a resolution in the conduct of affairs, and is truly recommended by Allah. --42:43

---- dear Joclyn-- Dont allow yourself to be abused, or hurt, or emotionally harmed. Speak up and show someone their wrong. I pray that Allah (Swt) helps you in your patience---
Because when dealing with people who mean the most to us- we are bound to sometimes come to misunderstandings and arguments.
Be patient and communicate your feelings to this man.
Peace be with you sister. I wish you luck.
-sis Sara
:wasalam:

Marwa17

Sister, I'm sure the brother did not mean to be offensive but was simply stating his strong feelings...I'm sure he's sorry that you took it personnally and did not mean anything by it...Don't stress yourself out about it and be patient with him...Conflicting view points are our nature and at some point we all have to stick up for what we value to be right...May Allah help you in resolving this conflict

Muslimah77

Slave of Allah (SWT)
:salam2: sister,

I pray that you and your family are in good health.

I’m sorry you feel upset as a result of what the brother had said to you. I’m sure he did not mean to make you feel unhappy. Allah (SWA) says in the Qur’an:

“And say to My slaves (i.e. the true believers of Islamic Monotheism) that they should (only) say those words that are the best. (Because) Shaytaan (Satan) verily, sows a state of conflict and disagreements among them. Surely, Shaytaan (Satan) is to man a plain enemy”
[Al-Isra’ 17:53]

What the circumstances of his behaviour was, Allah (SWA) knows best. My advice to you sister is to have patience and Allah (SWA) will reward you for this. Allah (SWA) says in the Qur’an:

“But if you endure patiently, verily, it is better for al-saabireen (the patient ones)”
[Al-Nahl 16:126]

Brothers and sisters have their good and bad moments, and Insha-Allah you two will be on good terms again in no time. Allah (SWA) says in the Qur’an:

“Believers are like brothers, so set things right between your brothers and observe your duty to Allah so that you may obtain mercy.”
[Al-Hujurat 49:10]

“Whoever forgives and makes reconciliation, his reward is due from Allah”
[Al-Shoora 42:40]

I pray to Allah (SWA) to guide us all, to help us not to bear any grudges towards anyone, and to treat one another properly.

:wasalam:

“If anger rouses anyone, he should sit down and if that does not help, he should lie down.”
[Tirmidhi]

talibulislam

wise stay quite

hakime luqman washistorically consider most wisest person so much so allah tribute surah with his name in quran,once he advise his son i never regret my self on any issue or arrgument when i stayed quite,some time its the best medicine u know its famous saying small mind discuss others,average mind discuss events,great mind discuss ideas & greatest act in silence,problem now days we have we r strugling hard with our limited knowledge to convince other wrong or our self better,if u clearly see some thing is wrong or some one doing it wrong,best way it to develop a friendship with that person & solve that problem otherwise leave his moamilah between him & allah an move on.may allah give us patence is thats what we lacking nowdays inshallah,may allah give us hidaya ameen
jazakallah khair