When Muslims pray five times a day how long does it take also how long do Muslims pra

truthseeker63

When Muslims pray five times a day how long does it take also how long do Muslims pray in the Mosque on Friday how many minutes does each prayer take ?

a_stranger

I think that prayer cannot be shorter than 3 mins and it can be long as half an hour or an hour or more , it depends on the person , and his state ,:salah: sometimes one like to pray more ......Islam opens the doors widly but without disturbing one s life, Islam considers many activities in life as worship if you do it with a sincere intention even cleaning your house or feeding your child, but we should pray in time and with a heart. And Allah knows best.

a_stranger

I think that Firday prayers cannot be shorter than 15 , 20 min and it can be longer , it may take an hour or more.:salah:
With regards

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
On an average it takes about 10-15 minutes for each daily prayer except night prayer for which it takes about 15-20 minutes.Friday prayer also might take maximum of 10-15 minutes.
As the sister said ,time might vary according to person and prayer,it is recommended that prayer may not be made in haste.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

We have different requirements for the mandatory five prayers. Some recite long suras which can take time. It is a choice. In addition to the mandatory prayers one can offer additional prayers. It takes not take much time.

Why don't you google or youtube and see a complete prayer.

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

The beauty of Islamic prayer is that one can finish the prayers in few minutes but the payers can be streched to any period of time.

Regards.

strive-may-i

Depends... And a story from Ali(R) era

:salam2:
From what i have seen, say 2-5 minutes for one rakaath in farz salaat. (usually Obligatory Farz prayer, is prolonged. Sunnat Salaat is quicker 2-minutes per rakaath ).

Salaat should not be done in haste, Salaat has clearly defined stages, moments of absolute stillness connected by graceful movements, and most are accompanied with zikr, quran recitation. Every action should be completed, every word clearly uttered.

The point here is- The intent, the sincerity, the piety.... If you feel like prolonging it for 20 minutes go on do it, thats better, but you simply cannot be this fast -->>:salah: . Usually everyone reports after a sincere Salaah, the body and mind feels much much better. The spirit soars!

Here is a incident when Ali Raliyallahu anha was caliph [ I heard this in a recent, sermon in mosque. ] To seems to capture the message very well!

So a youth comes to mosque, very quickly offers his Salaah. Ali (R) is known to correct (follows Prophets practise) when some one does not get it right, Infact every human has the right to correct another, and every human has the right to be corrected (when motto, and the action shows good intent of getting better), I feel. . So Ali (R) calls upon the youth and asks him to redo the prayer. The youth offers same Salaah again gracefully, as suggested [valid to redo a salaah, under some conditions]. once he was done, Ali(R) asks the youth, which salaah was better , the former in haste or the latter?. So the youth replies to the caliph, Oh Ali(R), the first time was better. Ali(R) replies explain. (Make a note of the youths response.) Youth replies the first time was better because I offered it obediently to my Almighty. The second time it was out of fear of disobeying the caliph!!