Which is one correct one!! Help Needed.

adammohamed

Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullah to brothers and sisters,
I have come across two versions of the Athayat surah 1st read like this :- Attahiyatul mubarakatus solawatut taiyibatu lillah. Assalaamu 'alayka ayyuhan-Nabiyyi warahmatullaahi wabarakaatuh. Assalaamu 'alyna wa 'ala 'ibaadillaahis saaliheen. Ash-hadu alla iilaha illallaah wa ash-hadu anna Muhamadar' rasoolah. Allahumma solli ala Muhammed.

2nd:- Attahiyyaatu lillaahi wassalawaatu wattayyibatu. Assalaamu 'alayka ayyuhan-Nabiyyi warahmatullaahi wabarakaatuh. Assalaamu 'alyna wa 'ala 'ibaadillaahis saaliheen. Ash-hadu an laa ilaaha illallaah wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan 'abduhu rasooluh.

So which is which, I am also a Hanafi for your info. Please clarify my doubts.

Thanking you.

O Allah shower your blessing and peace upon our holy Prophet Muhamad (SAW) and family Of Muhamad (Saw).

Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullah. :salah:

rizzumd

Your brother
:salam2: brother

Welcome to TTI. Hope you benefit here.

I am not sure about Tashahud(Attahiyatul..) but in other parts/positions of salat there are multiple duvas we can read.
For example in qawma(after standing from rukoo), you can say
'Rabbana LakalHamd'
Or
'Rabbana LakalHamd hamadan katheeran tayyiban mubarakan feehi'
etc..

InshaAllah, someone will reply more about Tashahud.

Fee Amanilla.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2:

Question:
I want to know the wording of the tashahhud in prayer, and how to send blessings on the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

The Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) encouraged us to learn the rulings on prayer and how he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prayed, so that we would follow his example in that. He said: “Pray as you have seen me praying.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (631).

Based on this, we must pay attention to learning this.

The wordings for the tashahhud and the blessings on the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) that have been narrated in reports are many and various. It is best for the Muslim to recite all of them, saying it in one form on one occasion and in another form on another occasion, and so on, so that he will have done all the sunnahs. He should not limit himself only to some of them. But if that is too hard for him, then he should stick to what he is able to do, and there is no sin on him in sha Allaah.

There follow some of the versions of the tashahhud and blessings on the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) that have been narrated in proven reports from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in the prayer.

Ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) recited the tashahhud as follows: At-tahiyyaatu Lillaahi wa’s-salawaatu wa’t-tayyibaat, as-salaamu ‘alayka ayyuha’n-Nabiyyu wa rahmat-Allaahi wa barakaatuhu. As-salaamu ‘alayna wa ‘alaa ‘ibaad-Illaah is-saaliheen. Ash-hadu an laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan ‘abduhu wa rasooluhu (All compliments, prayers and pure words are due to Allaah. Peace be upon you, O Prophet, and the mercy of Allaah and His blessings. Peace be upon us, and on the righteous slaves of Allaah. I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except Allaah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger).

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (6265) and Muslim (402).

Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) recited the tashahhud as follows: At-tahiyyaatu Lillaahi wa’s-salawaatu wa’t-tayyibaat, as-salaamu ‘alayka ayyuha’n-Nabiyyu wa rahmat-Allaahi wa barakaatuhu. As-salaamu ‘alayna wa ‘alaa ‘ibaad-Illaah is-saaliheen. Ash-hadu an laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wahdahu laa shareeka lah wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan ‘abduhu wa rasooluhu (All compliments, prayers and pure words are due to Allaah. Peace be upon you, O Prophet, and the mercy of Allaah and His blessings. Peace be upon us, and on the righteous slaves of Allaah. I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except Allaah alone with no partner or associate, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger).

Narrated by Abu Dawood (971) and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani.

The tashahhud of ‘Umar was recited by him on the minbar in order to teach the people: “At-tahiyyaatu Lillaahi, az-zaakiyaatu Lillaahi, al-tayyibaatu Lillaahi, al-salawaatu Lillaahi. As-salaamu ‘alayka ayyuha’n-Nabiyyu wa rahmat-Allaahi wa barakaatuhu. As-salaamu ‘alayna wa ‘alaa ‘ibaad-Illaah is-saaliheen. Ash-hadu an laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan ‘abduhu wa rasooluhu (All compliments are due to Allaah, all pure things are due to Allaah, all pure words are due to Allaah, all prayers are due to Allaah. Peace be upon you, O Prophet, and the mercy of Allaah and His blessings. Peace be upon us, and on the righteous slaves of Allaah. I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except Allaah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger).

Narrated by Maalik (204) and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani.

As for the wording of the blessings on the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), it is as follows:

“Allaahumma salli ‘ala Muhammad wa ‘ala aali Muhammad kama salayta ‘ala Ibraaheem wa ‘ala aali Ibraaheem, innaka hameedun majeed. Allaahumma baarik ‘ala Muhammad wa ‘ala aali Muhammad kama baarakta ‘ala Ibraaheem wa ‘ala aali Ibraaheem, innaka hameedun majeed (O Allaah, send prayers upon Muhammad and upon the family of Muhammad, as You sent prayers upon Ibraaheem and upon the family of Ibraaheem; You are indeed Worthy of Praise, Full of Glory. O Allaah, send blessings upon Muhammad and upon the family of Muhammad as You sent blessings upon Ibraaheem and upon the family of Ibraaheem; You are indeed Worthy of Praise, Full of Glory).”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (3370).

“Allaahumma salli ‘ala Muhammad wa ‘ala aali Muhammad kama salayta ‘ala aali Ibraaheem, wa baarik ‘ala Muhammad wa ‘ala aali Muhammad kama baarakta ‘ala aali Ibraaheem fi’l-aalameen, innaka hameedun majeed (O Allaah, send prayers upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, and send blessings upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, as You sent prayers and blessings upon Ibraaheem and the family of Ibraaheem among the nations; You are indeed Worthy of Praise, Full of Glory).”

Islam Q&A

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=98031&ln=eng&txt=tashahhud

adammohamed

Thank u very much.

Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullah.

Thank you brothers for your warm and kind hospitality.Brother Alkathiri I am at the moment reciting this version,
Attahiyatul mubarakatus solawatut taiyibatu lillah. Assalaamu 'alayka ayyuhan-Nabiyyi warahmatullaahi wabarakaatuh. Assalaamu 'alyna wa 'ala 'ibaadillaahis saaliheen. Ash-hadu alla iilaha illallaah wa ash-hadu anna Muhamadar' rasoolah. Allahumma solli ala Muhammed.
Is this one of the correct one too? coz i checked your reply it does not say any about it nor in the QA site too .

I just want to make sure and to have peace of mind from this trepidation.

Wassalamu Alaikum Warahmatullah.

Adam.:salah: :tti_sister:

dianne

Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullah.

Thank you brothers for your warm and kind hospitality.Brother Alkathiri I am at the moment reciting this version,
Attahiyatul mubarakatus solawatut taiyibatu lillah. Assalaamu 'alayka ayyuhan-Nabiyyi warahmatullaahi wabarakaatuh. Assalaamu 'alyna wa 'ala 'ibaadillaahis saaliheen. Ash-hadu alla iilaha illallaah wa ash-hadu anna Muhamadar' rasoolah. Allahumma solli ala Muhammed.
Is this one of the correct one too? coz i checked your reply it does not say any about it nor in the QA site too .

I just want to make sure and to have peace of mind from this trepidation.

Wassalamu Alaikum Warahmatullah.

Adam.:salah: :tti_sister:

Salam,
i also follow like urs,its common for muslim in here.

It is correct to add ""kama barakta ala ibrahim wa ala aali ibraheema fil aalameen innaka hameedun majeed".(Raddul Muhtar Vol. 1 Pg.512, Bahrur Raiq Vol.1 Pg.347, Al-Hujjah Pg.139) This is narrated in numerous ahadith. This is according to the Hanafi Mazhab. According to the Hambali Mazhab, Ibn Qudama mentions in Al-Mughni Vol.1 Pg.318, that it would be permissible to add this, however it would be preferred not to.

Allah knows best!

Wassalam

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu
Brother adammohamed, what brother Al kathiri provided is true. Also brother as you said that you are a hanafi, its good for you to read these threads

Mabsoot said:
Assalamu ALaykum,

assalamu alaykum brother,

We must stick to the Quran and Sunnah at all times for our Islam. Every aspect of our Deen (religion) can be traced back to these sources. From the way we raise our hands in prayer, the amount we give in inheritance, through to the dua we read when entering the Masjid.

The correct way is to utilise ALL the Scholars not just one. And if their guidance or advice conflicts with something that you know evidently is true, i.e someone shows you an authentic hadith. Then you must follow that authentic hadith and not be stuck on what an Imam has said.

Unfortunately, there are some Muslims who deny the hadith and stick to what they were doing before because an Imam taught them so. This is wrong and is called Taqleed (blind following). We only follow the Prophet. And one must keep in mind, that all Four of the great Imams warned Muslims not to blindly follow them but to take the Quran and Hadith as evidence.

This topic has been discussed before:

Whats the difference in the four schools?

The Sayings of the Four Imams on blind-following (Taqlid)

Guidelines for Following Madhhabs

I follow the Madhab of RasulAllah and his companions.

Islam is very simple,

We follow the Quran and the Sunnah with the understanding of the first three generations, this is in accordance to what Allah and his Prophet taught us.

the Prophet Said:

"Hold on to my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the Rightly Guided Caliphs after me. Hold on to it firmly. And beware of heretical innovations (Bid'ah) because each heretical innovation (Bid'ah) is a falsehood and each false- hood is a deviation from the right path." (Reported by Ahmad Ibn Hanbal Abu Dawud, at-Tirmidhi who said it is a good and sound hadith, and Ibn Majah)

The Prophet also said:

"The example of the believers in their affection and compassion and benevolence is like the body; If one part of it becomes ill the whole body comes to its aid with fever and
sleeplessness." (Reported by al-Bukhari and Muslim)

"A group of my 'Ummah will continue to follow the truth prominently. Whoever betrays them or opposes them can never harm them to the Day of Judgment." (al-Bukhari and Muslim)

We Must Stick to the Quran and Sunnah with understanding of the pious predecessors.

This has been emphasised many times in the Hadith:

The Messenger of Allaah said: "I counsel you to have Taqwaa of Allaah and to hear and obey, even if an Abyssinian slave were to command you. For, verily, whoever amongst you lives (to grown old), he will see many differences. So stick to my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the rightly guided khaleefahs. Cling tightly onto it and hold onto it with your molar teeth. And beware of newly invented matters. For, indeed, every newly invented matter is an innovation, and every innovation is a thing that leads astray, and everything that leads astray is in the Hellfire." [Abu Dawood ]

The Salaf were the best of people:

The Prophet said:
"The best of people are my generation, then the second, then the third, then there will come a people, having no good in them." [[related by Ibn Mas'ood]

We must call ourselves Muslims,

Allah says in the Quran:

And strive hard in Allâh's Cause as you ought to strive (with sincerity and with all your efforts that His Name should be superior). He has chosen you (to convey His Message of Islâmic Monotheism to mankind by inviting them to His religion, Islâm), and has not laid upon you in religion any hardship, it is the religion of your father Ibrahim (Abraham) (Islâmic Monotheism). It is He (Allâh) Who has named you Muslims both before and in this (the Qur'ân), that the Messenger (Muhammad SAW) may be a witness over you and you be witnesses over mankind! So perform As­Salât (Iqamat-as-Salât), give Zakât and hold fast to Allâh [i.e. have confidence in Allâh, and depend upon Him in all your affairs] He is your Maula (Patron, Lord, etc.), what an Excellent Maula (Patron, Lord, etc.) and what an Excellent Helper! [Surah Al-Imrân 3:78]

We Are Sunni, meaning people of the Sunnah. But we can also say that we are upon the manhaj or methedology of the salaf. Salaf simply means the pious predecessors.

This can further bring distinction to make sure people understand that we are not some Sufi or person who inclines to modernism or extremism, but someone who acknowledges the Islam of the Quran and sunnah and that of the Salaf.

At the time of the Prophet the truth was apparent. The Prophet was alive and hence the Muslims only needed to call themselves Muslims.

This name is true today of course and shall be forever. And it is the one we use.

There is nothing wrong with a person saying that they are upon way of the Salaf. Likewise a person can say he is an Atharee, meaning he belongs to the people who like the athaar of hadeeth. Or Ahlul Hadith, the people of Hadeeth. It is the same thing.

Imaam adh-Dhahabee (d.748H rahimahullaah) - said: "It is authentically related from ad-Daaraqutnee that he said: There is nothing more despised by me than 'irnul-kalaam (innovated speech and rhetorics). I say: No person should ever enter into 'ilmul-kalaam, nor argumentation. Rather, he should be a follower of the Salaf." [Siyar 16/457]

Abu Haneefah (d. 150H rahimahullaah) said: "Adhere to the athar (narration) and the tareeqah (way/following) of the Salaf (Pious Predecessors) and beware of newly invented matters for all of it is innovation" [Reported by As-Suyootee in Sawn al Mantaq wal-Kalaam p.32]

Ibn Taymiyyah (d.728H rahimahullaah) says: "There is no blame on the one who manifests/proclaims the way (madhdhab) of the Salaf, who attaches himself to it and refers to it. Rather, it is obligatory to accept that from him by unanimous agreement (Ittifaaq), because the way (madhdhab) of the Salaf is nothing but the Truth (Haqq)." [From Majmoo al-Fataawaa, 4:149.]

The salaf are those who have gone before us in the past.

Our Madhab or way is that of the Salaf. It is not permissible for anyone to call himself a person of the Salaf. We aspire to be among them. Nor is it a Sect.

A person can not say he is from the Salaf or that he is rightly guided. Only Allah knows this. We are weary of any arrogance and must always remain humble. "Everyone of the tribe of Adam sins. And the best of the sinners are the ones who (constantly) make repentance." Surat-ul-Ana'aam [3:153].

We try to live Islam just as the Prophet and his companions did. So we value the Quran and the Authentic hadith.

As Muslims we should not be tied down to any personality, group etc, but we take that which is mentioned in the clear texts of Islam

wasalam.

Which Madhab should I follow?

The 4 Imams

What's the difference in the 4 schools?

The Sayings of the Four Imams on blind-following (Taqlid)

Guidelines for Following Madhhabs

wa/salam

adammohamed

Thank u very much.

Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullah to Brothers and sister.
Thank you all of you effort taken to reply me.
I have found out from Indian Hazrath its one of correct surah use by Safi Mazhab.

Thank you again...
bye
Adam
Wassalamu Alaikum Warahmatullah