Votes: 4 66.7%
  • No...

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

THis is the most annoying time of the year. Christmas in the U.S. is emphasized everywhere. From store fronts to school classrooms.

The elementary schools here have different activities for little kids about every day before the week of Holiday Break. This starts with things like a book exchange, Christmas Play at the Highschool, Collecting money to buy teacher Christmas present, Christmas Party etc. to silly stuff like wearing your pajamas to school... for something i can't remember...

So basically it's very bothersome a time. Well for some reason the school district wanted to do something to the effect of 'December Holidays'

Since Eid falls in December this year my mother called the teacher and asked if we could do something. They said yes.

Now my mother was originally going to just give some cute lil flyers out and stuff, but then i wondered if maybe we should go into the classroom and maybe do it there. My father did it once when i was in 2nd Grade, I loved it, but they never did it again. :(

So if we did happen to go this time, I would have to present, because my mother has an accent which she feels might get in the way and she wears niqaab. (but it's a girl teacher) My father is not here either... so we are hesitant.

If we do it, i have to choose soon so i can email my brothers teacher and suggest it... But i'm worried. I love speaking and I'm good at it, but it's only been in front of my own age classmates and stuff. I am afraid I'd get nervous or something, or perhaps it wouldn't be a good idea. So that's where I am stuck... You all have any ideas on this matter? Any experience?

lol... ok then..... if you pick yes... any suggestions??

:wasalam:

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....

I personally wouldn't go ahead with this. Mainly because if they become involved with your eid celebrations, it may seem offensive to them if they ask you to join in with the Christmas festivities and you decline as it's not permitted in Islam.

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum.

Ehum... that part is decided. We are going to do something, it's just the 'what' that concerns me now.

I found out what the pajama thing was for... it was for a day called 'Polar Express Day' I dunno what that is... i know they made a movie bout it though. lol. -they gonna read the story bout it and drink hot chocolate etc.

Then they have a day 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' where they do all this stuff.. make stockings, holiday craft, story, share Xmas family traditions, ans sing Christmas carols. And do board games.

NOT to mention their Christmas party!

In the midst of all this, I feel it would be innopropriate NOT to do something.

P.S. my mother and i are at splits over whether my brother should go to the book exchange and etc. She says yes because we can't remove my brother from everything but i still say no. But it's her choice in the end, and i've got to make the most of what i can do. So yea... :(

ShaheedU

Extinct
so u decided to do hold this event cos 3 out of 4 people decided u should?
and one of them being me. im kinda thinking maybe u should opt out cos of brother abdul raheem ali's argument. but obviously its up to u. and i think u wanted ideas, but im pretty much useless in that department. how old are these guys?

samiha

---------
Staff member
so u decided to do hold this event cos 3 out of 4 people decided u should?
and one of them being me. im kinda thinking maybe u should opt out cos of brother abdul raheem ali's argument. but obviously its up to u. and i think u wanted ideas, but im pretty much useless in that department. how old are these guys?

it's not an event... maybe like 5 min. lol these are 5 yr old kids!!

I think i have a feeling mayB ppl thought it was older... lol... :D

i don't know anymore... i am forumulating my letter... i am at the point of just do it and think about it later... gives no time to chicken out.

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....

5 year old kids! You're right, I thought this event was a really big event for classmates and teachers. Anyway forget what I said earlier, I think it's a good idea:)

samiha

---------
Staff member
oh... we already had the chocolate idea...

but what if they think we're planting poison?? JOKING!!

No the school district is very strict on that..... gotta have store food, gotta be unopened etc... lol.

just give them loads of chocolate, they'll soon revert.

poor parents, wonder what happens when they find all their children are Muslims? :D

Wassalam.

SpangledStarz

Go out there sis! They are only 5, after all :D. Muslims have been in much more difficult positions than this. Ideas are:
:redface: Create mosques with glitter, etc.
:redface: Make paper dolls with hijabs, for boys men with jilbabs
:redface: Make fluffy sheep with cotton wool
:redface: Sing an islamic song?
:redface: Have each child in the class choose a letter of the arabic alphabet and show them how to write an arabic word underneath it
:redface: Make a playscript of the story of a muslim girl/boy with their mum or dad on eid day and bring in a suitcase of dressing up clothes (heels, wigs, hijabs, jilbabs, skirts, tops)
:redface: Have a small eid party.
:redface: Bring in pieces of cloth and let them all make a little hijab with sequins and scribbles and globs of glue, whatever :).

Thats all I can think of. Even the creative mind has limits when it comes to 5 year olds!

Sister Starz

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum.

*groan* lol....kids grow so fast :)

my brother is 7 :D i forgot for a while there.....

but as of now...... we're only doing a little bit, later when my dad comes back we plan to do something bigger. Inshallah.

It will make things easier :)

Jazakallahu Khayr everybody.

Wassalam.

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum All,

Asslamo Allaikum,

Going off the Tangent…

This is the perfect time of the year for outdoor activities in some parts of the world!

We are thinking about organising a Soup Kitchen with our Masjid and give Dawah to people etc. on Christmas day.