White cheese

DanyalSAC

Asalaamu alaikum

For a couple mornings in Kuwait I was served a white cheese with my breakfast. My host warned me it was very salty and I may not like it, but I actually really enjoyed it.

Does anyone know the name of this cheese? Its white and texturally is like a dry curd cottage cheese, and like my host pointed out is very salty in taste. When I asked him what the name is he just said "White cheese". Is it the same as feta here in the US (I could answer this question the expedient way of tasting feta I suppose...LOL).

Thanks for any help!

D.

zainab

:salam2:

It is mainly sold in Turkish Food shops here in England and they also call it white cheese (beyaz peynir-in Turkish) I would say the closest cheese to white cheese is Feta cheese. I hope that is helpful.

:wasalam:

DanyalSAC

:salam2:

It is mainly sold in Turkish Food shops here in England and they also call it white cheese (beyaz peynir-in Turkish) I would say the closest cheese to white cheese is Feta cheese. I hope that is helpful.

:wasalam:

Thank you very much. I actually found some here at the halal store. They call it something like "Belgium Cheese" or "Belgian Cheese". Its white and in a block, and crumbles like I had in Kuwait.

Thank you!

omahmed

Sister in Islam
Salaam

My aunt used to put some hot peppers in with the white cheese in a container - they would infuse the cheese with a bit of flavour and heat - it was really good!