who taught you how to say your prayers?

shmed

who taught you how to say your prayers?

i cant honestly remeber who!!.... there were alot of family members around when i was growing up..

was it my mum...

or grand ma..

or grandma's sisters...

or aunts...

i cant honestly recall the actual moment that sombody said to me this is how its done and what you should say here and there etc......

all i know is i know how to do it.....

what about you, can you remember?

:hijabi:

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Alaikum,

Yes, a blind Qari in Islamabad (Pakistan); may Allah (SWT) forgive his sins & grant him Janatul Firdaus (Ameen).

When I was young back in Afghanistan, early 80's I use to read the whole Quran. I had one of the best voices in the school and all the teachers use to reccomend me. Once we moved to the US during 1990. I started to forget it all and did not practice my deen (prayers and reading the Quran in Arabic).

After 9/11 incident I started to look at my religion again and started picking books and doing my prayers, because I remember that is NOT what Islam was. Since then, al-hamdulilah I have broaden my knowledge and practicing my deen once again and inshallah for the rest of my life. The incident not only awakened non-Muslims but Muslims as well!

Most of the verses I learned were through memory when I was young and I self thought myself by reading them online, from books, listening to audio.

walaakum salaam

Globalpeace

Banned
Trip down the Memory Lane!

Asslamo Allikum,

No I don't mind.

I am 35 & my first memories are from when I was 3 years old. I remember our car, our house, streets to the Mosque; I recently went back & identified the Mosque where I studied etc (took pictures too)...

Off course I copied family members praying but your question refers to who "officially taught me".

how old were u? can u remember? if u dont mind me asking that is.

AndiRB

i read salah books with illustrations so I guess the author of the book officially taught me

So did I. But apart from that a sister tought me, as I'm a revert. May Allah reward her and all Muslims making dawa and helping new muslims with Jannah.

PS. I was 24 years old

Steve940

Asalamu alaikum

I learned from a photocopied packet of a book on how to perform salah. That and various videos which I actually found on this website.

Ahmed_2000

Servant of Allah
salaam allaikum

My Mom Thaught me about Prayers when i was kid and then my brother thaught me in detail as i grew up.

amyaishazouaoui

:salam2:

I tried to learn from books, but the ones I had access to just didn't make sense, I was like head, shoulers knees and erm how many times do I prostrate???? ehhhhh what....hhhhhhhmmmmppphhhh Then....

My good friend mim taught me...alhamdulillah. then these culture bods came along and told me how wrong everything was and how i should do it their way. Then i finally found Albani's book alhamdulillah and went back to where i started!!!

:wasalam:

boupj

I used a million different web pages and some books because they're all so confusing until I finally copy and pasted and made my own guide for myself. All the sisters in the MSA help me a lot because there are a few tweaks to work out. Alhamdullilllah, I've got most of it now, but I'm still working on memorizing all the words. Isha'Allah I will soon be able to pray without holding a piece of paper to read.

Globalpeace

Banned
Qur'aan, Salah & me!

Asslamo Allaikum,

I was trying to become a Hafiz at young age & then my dad took me out of the Mosque at about 5-6 years (I studied from a women Qari from then on at her home)...I used to knock "lightly" & because she couldn't hear me...come back home to say that "She wasn't home"....

My Mom or someone would take me straight back because she was always home...

I got out once or twice by saying that "My Grand-Ma or someone else had died & there is Qur'aan-Khani (reading Qur'aan) at home"...She let me go & then walked to our house to read the Qur'aan only to find me playing cricket...

Never hurt me, never beat me, never said a word to me...Masha'Allah

Her daughters used to call me "Crafty, Dodgy, all sorts of stuff" because I did all sorts to get out of reading and she used to stop them and never get mad at me...

Years later (1987) I saw my teacher (the Blind Qari) buying vegetables in Islamabad so I said Salam & he recognised me instantly; spoke to me & so on...

I left the shop & then went back because I had forgotten something and he was talking about me to the shop-keeper (not knowing that I was back), he said, "He was one of the best students I have ever had, but wouldn't stop messin around, pulling pranks and practical jokes specially with Girls!...Then he left one day...I gave him some good memorable beatings but he never straightened himself out"

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....

I was three or four years old and I remember always going to the mosque with my father in Jeddah. So I knew how to pray before I even had to. Not that I knew what it really signified at the time or the importance.

wasalam

amyaishazouaoui

memories

I used a million different web pages and some books because they're all so confusing until I finally copy and pasted and made my own guide for myself. All the sisters in the MSA help me a lot because there are a few tweaks to work out. Alhamdullilllah, I've got most of it now, but I'm still working on memorizing all the words. Isha'Allah I will soon be able to pray without holding a piece of paper to read.

oh how the piece of paper brings back memories.....but it works!!!!!! :SMILY33:
try your best and dont worry if you make a mistake, you are trying your best and thats what Allah asks from us.
you will get there :inshallah: :tti_sister: :tti_sister:

:wasalam: