Who/what are madhabs, sects, groups, ahlu sunnah, etc.??

NourAlDeen

Bismillah rammaani raheem.
Alhamdulillahi rabil alameen, all thanks and paises are due to ALLAH the Lord and Creator of the Universe. Whome ALLAH guides non can misguide, and whome ALLAH misgudes non can guide. May ALLAH guide us all, strengthen our faith and make us steadfast in deen al Islam.

Asalamu aleikum wr wb, inshaALLAH ta'ala I hope that you are in the best state of imaan and health.

InshaALLAH after reading a thread about who the ahlu sunnah w'al jame'ah are and I saw some of the answers posted in there which made me really confusing because how many young sisters and brothers mix madhabs and sects (which is DIFFERENT inshaALLAH ta'ala).. And which I fully understand, it can be really confusing to know what madhabs, groups, sects to follow..

Since the Prophet salallahu aleihi wasalam said: “The Jews were divided into seventy-one sects, one of which is in Paradise and seventy are in the Fire. The Christians were divided into seventy-two sects, seventy-one of which are in the Fire and one is in Paradise. By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, my Ummah will be divided into seventy-three sects, one of which will be in Paradise and seventy-two will be in the Fire.” It was said, O Messenger of Allaah, who are they? He said, “Al-Jamaa’ah.

I thought of writing an explaintion, which maybe ALLAHU a3lam will be little long.. :)

InshaALLAH I will try to explain what I can and what I was teached according to Islam, the quran and hadith inshaALLAH ta'ala.. From my notes..

InshaALLAH ta'ala, I thought of starting with explaining what madhabs, sects, ahlu sunnah w'al jameah are, how all that started and when..

InshaALLAH as I said, it will be little long I believe, so I wanted to know who is intrested to read about it?? :SMILY209:

Ofcourse I will use, hadiths, story and quran verses..

Fi amanillah..
Wa'billahi tawfiiq..

NourAlDeen

InshaALLAH ta'ala, I'am not goin to write something very long.. :

Maybe I will starte with writing how the madhabs schools started,.. After the death of the Prophet salallahu aleihi wasalam, after the death of Amiirul mumineen Alī ibn Abī Ṭālib, and so one,..

How the muslims when from being called (only) Muslims to different names, sects and groups, how it divided to Ahlu Sunnah and Ahlu Shi'a inshaALLAH ta'ala and so on inshaALLAH ta'ala :).. allahu a3lam..

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaikum,

i dont know why we didnt reply to your nice post!!

akhi/ukhti................go on ahead!! teach us, I am very interested....especially about the madhhabs!!

jazaka'Allaah khair!