Why America is NOT evil !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadykan

Salam brothers and sisters!!!

Very interesting video :

(Hamza Yusuf Removed)

I just found a great video, it's a lecture in Chicago. The speaker deals with the issue of anti-americanism and anti-patriotism; and the personification of America. America is not Bush nor his government, you can be 100% American and 100% Muslim, you can live buy the Islamic Laws and the American Consitution. I am not American, but the more time I spend time reading all your posts, the more I realize how numerous American muslims are. And when we criticize America, we should not forget that America is full of great people (muslims and non muslims). A lot of people and the media, mistake Ousama Ben Laden, Sadam Hussein, and other "muslim tv stars" for Islam and the rest of us, let's not make the same mistake, let's be smarter than them.

Thank God, I have a job that gives me the opportunity to travel around the world, i went many many times to America, Africa, and European countries, and what i see is different from what i see on tv, just like what we see on Islam on TV is different from what Islam really is.

Let's not accept the binary world Bush and his friends created "Either you're with us or with the terrorists !!!"...

A few years ago, when my president (Jacques Chirac) and my country (this time i can say that the president spoke on behalf of the majority) refused to follow the Bush Administration to invade Iraq, i think that the French were seen either like cowards or worse, we were said to be Sadam's friends, and that we approved of terrorism. I have a lot of American friends, and some of them couldn't understand this decision.

I just want to say that, as muslims, we must have constructive and precised criticism, and MUST NOT use the same strategy our ennemies use against us!!! Just like the man who used to be beaten up by his father must not beat his own son just to be "relieved".

To conclude i also want to say, that the energy and strenght we use to criticize our ennemies, should also be used to criticise ourselves. We can criticize Bush administration and criticize Al Quaida as well, we can strongly condemn the 9/11 attacks as well as the invasion of Iraq.

Allah says it better than anyone :

"And it is thus that We appointed you to be the community of the middle way, so that you might be witnesses before all mankind and the Messenger might be witness before you." (Holy Qurán 2:143)

May ALLAH bless us all and guide us, inshallah

ps: For years, I had been looking for a place where i can express this kind of opinion, and thank God, I think i found it...and i must say, it feels great... HAMDULLILAH

Karima

Asalamualikum,

Well said....America is a nation of free speech, free worship, and the rest is what you mentioned, above. It is a melting pot of people from all over the world.

It was formed with One Nation Under God.

If anything, the American Indian would be the only ones to complain, since the foreigners came and TOOK their land.....and now, the American Indian has received back some of their own land that was taken, and also given their rights to what was owed to them.

My great great grandfather was an American Cherokee Chief. I am a mixed American with Scottish, Irish, and Indian....

Americans are all breeds of people. We call those with African heritage 'African American'.....do we start calling the rest 'Chinese American', 'Arab Ameircan', 'Scottish American', etc.

America is land of the free, home of the brave...God Bless America! It does not say 'Gods' Bless America. It is ONE GOD.

Welcome to America all who come here.

Salam

Karima

Asalamualikum,

I want to thank all of those whom I have met from the Middle East, for showing me so much of their culture! It has been a blessing for me.

Salam

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalam.

I don't spread rumors, so I won't say all I've heard here.... and i haven't seen the movie....

BUT the speakers name is Hamza Yusuf... he is a Sufi.
I don't listen to him anymore because of a comment he made like this:

"This concern with `aqeedah is a sickness in the minds of the Muslims", and "I can go to the desert in Mauritania and learn Tawheed in five minutes"

I have listened to him before, but you have to be careful when listening to such things!!!

Allahu Alom, but i don't know.

shadykan

Salam sister!!!

To tell you the truth, i don't know the speaker, so God forgive me if i misguided you.

But what he says in this particular video, is true, so the meaning of my post is still true.

So, if what you say is confirmed, the video will be deleted.

Thank you

May God forgive me if i'm wrong.

Salam

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu Alaykum,

Firstly we agree that Islam commands for us to be kind and just to all people.

And yes, people should not be saying anything bad about American people or people of other faiths. It is wrong to do so and very shallow minded.

Most Importantly, we safeguard our beliefs. We worship Allah alone and we do not associate any partners with him. Otherwise, we would be doing Shirk, associating partners with Allah. We do not go astray from what our Prophet :saw: taught us, otherwise we would be innovating in our beautiful, complete and perfect Religion.

I edited the video because Hamza Yusuf and people from Zaytuna are not permitted on this website. I do not want to go into big discussion or argument over these things, but it is important that we only seek knowledge from those who follow the Quran and Sunnah. People who have sound Aqeedah.

Unfortunately these people (Zaytuna, Hamza Yusuf etc) have grave errors in Aqeedah, matters of belief in Allah. They are Sufi. They do not believe in Allah's attributes like a Muslim should. They twist the meanings of the Quran and do not believe in them literally. They practise evil acs of of worshipping graves, asking help from the dead such as their Sufi saints etc.

believe in erroneous beliefs such as Wahdatul Wujood (everyone has part of Allah in them, and Allah is part of his creation) and other Sufi things.

Oh and they partake in those trance sufi dances and dhikr sessions. These are innovations in our Religion. We only Worship Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) as the Prophet :saw: worshippeded him.

As for Hamza Yusuf he often says modernist and unIslamic statements, for example he said that all the firefighters who died in the twin towers were shaheed, as tragic as it may have been, they were not Shaheed. A Shaheed is a Muslim who dies in the way of Allah.

Also, he stated every religion (including Hinduism) has some truth. I remember he stated that on a show on arabic satellite TV station MBC. How can polytheist religion have any truth? Astaghfriullah.

Hamza Yusuf is very popular in the West, partly because of the limelight that the US and UK establishment gives him and people of similar modernist viewpoints. They dilute the true Islam, and present their own modernist corrupted interpretations. This is why the establishment likes them.

Islam is always the middle way, we are against all forms of terrroism, hatred and violence against people. We are on correct way by following the Quran and Sunnah. By sticking to Islam as the Prophet :saw: and his companions followed. There is no room in Islam for these Sufi modernist groups just as there is no room for extremists and other evil people.

Furthermore, it is important for people to hold on to the true beliefs a Muslim must have. Make your foundations firm. The only reason Muslims are weak in this day and age is because they have neglected understanding Tawheed, understanding what a Muslims belief must be. Tawheed and Aqeedah are the most important things a Muslim must know. From this foundation other things grow and is the only way for our success and unity.

Importance of Tawheed in Reviving the Ummah

Why Muslims are Weak Today

Fundamental Beliefs in Islam Tawheed and Aqeedah

Wasalam.

Status
Not open for further replies.