Why ask for the highest Jannah? Its not like I'm worth it.

Islam_is_true

Salaamu alaykum

When I make dua, i always ask for something small. I can't ask Allah for something big because I always feel like I'm not worth it so why ask for so much. But there are times where I really need and want something but I cant ask Him because He has already given me so much and i feel like I'm jus being ungratful to Him by asking for something just because I want it.

Anyway my question is that can someone show me a verse or a hadith about this, because I always feel really bad when I ask Allah for something, I'm never worth it. I should just live with what i have and be thankful but still...

I just want a small verse that tells its alright to ask Allah.

Thank you
my english is very bad, I hope you understood

Wasalaamu alaykum

dunno

{وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمْ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ إِنَّ الَّذِينَ يَسْتَكْبِرُونَ عَنْ عِبَادَتِي سَيَدْخُلُونَ جَهَنَّمَ دَاخِرِينَ}
[غافر: 60]،

{وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِي إِذَا دَعَانِي فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُوا لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُوا بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ}
[البقرة: 186].

وقال صل الله عليه وسلم:
"الدُّعاءُ هو العبادة قال ربكم: {ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ}
رواه أبو داود والترمذي وابن ماجه.

وقال صل الله عليه وسلم:
"إن ربكم تبارك وتعالى حييُّ كريمٌ يستحيي من عبده إذا رفع يديه إليه أن يردهما صفراً".

وقال عليه الصلاة والسلام:
"ما من مسلم يدعو الله بدعوةٍ ليس فيها إثمٌ ولا قطيعة رحم إلا أعطاه الله بها إحدى ثلاثٍ: إما أن يعجل له دعوته، وإما أن يدخرها له في الآخرة، وإما أن يصرف عنه من السوء مثلها" قالوا: إذاً نكثر. قال: "الله أكثر".
رواه الترمذي وأحمد

And your Lord said: "Invoke Me, (i.e. believe in My Oneness (Islamic Monotheism)) (and ask Me for anything) I will respond to your (invocation). Verily! Those who scorn My worship (i.e. do not invoke Me, and do not believe in My Oneness, (Islamic Monotheism)) they will surely enter Hell in humiliation!"
surat gahfir verse 60

And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright.

al-baqarah verse 186

making dua is a type of worship

the prophet said ( excuse my translation ) any Dua u make will be answered in this life or the after life or God will remove something bad that was gonna happen to you

brother God blessed u with so much
God blessed us with so much wallah we don't deserve anything and he asked us for so little if you are shy from asking for major things u should also be shy from asking for tiny things as well because we are given everything much more then what we deserve

brother God is not like humans when u ask a human for something they will either give it to u or say no
either way they will be saddened that u asked them for help or for anything and they will wish that u don't do it again
but when u ask God for anything it will surly be given to u in this life or the next and God will insallah grant u good deeds because God likes when he's slaves ask him for things when they call upon his name for anything no matter how small or big

God doesn't have a limited amount of money or wealth :astag::astag: he is not afraid that will run out :astag: so really just ask for anything and inshallah you will be give what u want

nizar83

aselemu aleikum...i love the humbleness in you brother, i think plenty of other muslims are the same way..however..ALLAH ta3ala is AL RANEE! the richest, he is the everliving one that is the creator and owner of all! just ask him...inshallah your dua will be answered, and inshallah ALLAH ta3ala will give us what we need instead of what we want..ameen

Dr.Khan

:salam2:

Brother may I add that if you think like this, then every one of us should be in Hell if Allah is to judge us according to our deeds. It is only becomes he his ar-Rahman ar-Raheem, the Beneficent, the Merciful that the situation will be otherwise.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:,

hadith: "Ask Allah for everything, even if it is only a shoe-lace, because if Allah does not make it easy, then it will not be possible." [at-Tirmidhi 4:292 and others]

weakslave

When you ask Allaah for the highest place in paradise, it is a dual purpose question. The first being: Oh Allaah grant me the highest place in Jannah if I am worthy, and if I am not worthy then make me worthy of the highest place in Jannah.

Alllaah is capable of everything. While many will say it, very few truly believe it and their actions don't reflect it.