why christrians are supposed to wear hijab or not?

Akilah

I was wondering if anyone could give me some info as to why some Christians believe that they do not need to wear hijab, when I read a verse from coronithians 11:3-10 and it talks explicitly about a woman covering her hair? Someone who is Christian tried to explain to me that the new Christians have some new covenant or something like that, but it doesn't seem to make much sense, and i was just wondering if this is just something that non-observing christians forget or is it just a case of "cafeteria Christianity"

these are the verses:
11:3. But I would have you know that the head of every man is Christ: and the head of the woman is the man: and the head of Christ is God.
Volo autem vos scire quod omnis viri caput Christus est caput autem mulieris vir caput vero Christi Deus

11:4. Every man praying or prophesying with his head covered disgraceth his head.
Omnis vir orans aut prophetans velato capite deturpat caput suum

11:5. But every woman praying or prophesying with her head not covered disgraceth her head: for it is all one as if she were shaven.
Omnis autem mulier orans aut prophetans non velato capite deturpat caput suum unum est enim atque si decalvetur

11:6. For if a woman be not covered, let her be shorn. But if it be a shame to a woman to be shorn or made bald, let her cover her head.
Nam si non velatur mulier et tondeatur si vero turpe est mulieri tonderi aut decalvari velet caput suum

11:7. The man indeed ought not to cover his head: because he is the image and glory of God. But the woman is the glory of the man.
Vir quidem non debet velare caput quoniam imago et gloria est Dei mulier autem gloria viri est

11:8. For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.
Non enim vir ex muliere est sed mulier ex viro

11:9. For the man was not created for the woman: but the woman for the man.
Etenim non est creatus vir propter mulierem sed mulier propter virum

11:10. Therefore ought the woman to have a power over her head, because of the angels.
Ideo debet mulier potestatem habere supra caput propter angelos
A power... that is, a veil or covering, as a sign that she is under the power of her husband: and this, the apostle adds, because of the angels, who are present in the assemblies of the faithful.

jazakallah khair for all your responses inshallah.

renton

Corinthians was written by Paul, not God. Therefore many Christians would ignore it. OR:
AS with many religious books, the words are a product of their time.
At that time, women should be quiet and cover their heads. Today, we live in a different society.
Historically, prostitutes had their heads shaved to show what they were.
The covering therefore could also mean hair.
Of course, much of this is simply historical thoughts, but i hope that helps!

nozima_uk

Corinthians was written by Paul, not God. Therefore many Christians would ignore it. OR:
AS with many religious books, the words are a product of their time.
At that time, women should be quiet and cover their heads. Today, we live in a different society.
Historically, prostitutes had their heads shaved to show what they were.
The covering therefore could also mean hair.
Of course, much of this is simply historical thoughts, but i hope that helps!
salam, sorry for question r u muslim?