Why did I choose Islam?

revert2007

Love Fishing

Assalamualikum to everyone. Hope all my dear sisters and brothers are doing fine ,inshaAllah.

I would like to share some of my thoughts over here about “Why I chose Islam as my religion”.

There are many religions on this Earth and before I convert to Islam, I had the dilemma between Christianity and Islam. I read Bible (someone forced me to read it lol) and when I read the Bible, MashaAllah everything mentioned in it is similar to what I read in the book of 25 Rasools when I was 10 years old. Many of my friends told me that Christianity was the religion from Allah and it is very similar to Islam yet the Muslims can’t follow Christianity due to the DRASTIC modification in the Bible. No matter how many people convince me and do “da’wah” to me about Christianity, I just can’t accept any of their words. Islam has been so deeply in my heart and in my mind.

Finally when someone did da’wah to me on Skype, why did I choose Islam?
The answer is very simple.

As a non-Muslim, I do not love this world. I know very well that when I die I am not going to take anything with me to the graveyard-not the fame, not the wealth, not my family, nothing …..

I keep on asking myself, and then what is the purpose of me being created? Is God just having fun creating me? Why sometimes I am happy and have good life and some other time I am very sad and have a lot of hardship in life. What is the reason for all these?

Islam answered my questions well. And Islam really makes sense to me.

-Believe in one Creator
-Nothing can be compared to Him
-He is a supernatural power
-He has messengers to convey His message

I just need to know these things to convert.

If you ask me whether I love Allah before or after I convert.
My answer is NO

I do know that Allah s.w.t is the only Creator of the world and no one is comparable to Him, yet I can’t feel Him or love Him yet.

Love takes time to grow. The love comes when I witness the miracles happened in my life. After couple of months later, the more knowledge of Islam I have, the more I learn to love Allah s.w.t

When I love Allah s.w.t , automatically I obey Him without any force and am very happy and delighted to worship Him according to Quran and Sunnah.

Allah s.w.t has mentioned in Quran, those obey Him and follow the sunnah will have happy eternal life in hereafter. That is what am seeking for insyaAllah. And now I know why I was created.

I was created to take “study” and take the test on the Day of Judgment. If I pass my test inshaAllah I will enter Jannah and if I fail I will have to company syaitan in hell fire.

There is no other reason why we must obey Allah. It is all to avoid the hellfire.

The reason Allah created us is only for one reason
TO WORSHIP HIM

After being a Muslim, I respect myself more and even others respect me more. They respect me because of my religion and the way I live which is The Islam Way of Life.

This below message is for those who are hesitate to convert to Islam for some reason

Well, Islam is not a ritual or a culture but a way of life and how you are suppose to live your life according to the Creator’s rule.

Example:
Your mother will guide you and always tell u about the Do’s and Don’ts because she is your mother who gave birth to you.

Same goes to Allah as the only Creator has mentioned about the Do’s and Don’ts in Quran .

Question
You can love the woman who gave birth to you,but why can’t you love The Creator who created you?

Ashadu an la ilaha illa'llah.
wa Ashadu anna Muhammadan Rasululu'llah.

I bear witness that there is no God to be worshiped but Allah,
and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and messenger

Assalamulikum.

ummyasiin

Striving for Janatul firdous
alhamdulilah, ukthi....you always post some powerful threads... may Allah keep you on this path. Ameen

Safiyah_

If you ask me whether I love Allah before or after I convert.
My answer is NO

I do know that Allah s.w.t is the only Creator of the world and no one is comparable to Him, yet I can’t feel Him or love Him yet.

:salam2:

Is it strange that I do love Allah swt even though i just converted?
U are right , love needs to grow but i already feel big love for HIm and i want to follow his laws.

revert2007

Love Fishing

Is it strange that I do love Allah swt even though i just converted?
U are right , love needs to grow but i already feel big love for HIm and i want to follow his laws.

well there are two things...fear and love
i fear Him before islam and still i do
but love only comes when i can really feel Him and when i appreciate more on what He has given me.

it depends on individuals by the way :)

Imad

Assalamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

How can a person not love the One Who Loves him/her.
You are a muslim ( revert) because Allah Loves you, otherwise you would not be a muslim. So how is it possible not to Love Allah Who Loves you and Who guided you to Islam, all praise is due to Him.

Don't you appreciate what He has given you? He has given you Islam. He is your Creator, the creator of your mum and dad. You have eyes to see, ears to hear, a heart to ponder, brains to think, legs to walk. Who created this all? I think it's time to appreciate what He has given you and Time to Love Him, otherwise your imaan is not completed.

Our prophet peace be upon him said clearly that the one who does not love him more than his own soul/self his imaan is not completed. When Umar heard this he said: I love you more than myself.

If this our Prophet peace be upon him, what do you think about Our Creator all praise is due to Him, the Creator of the prophets.

I think it's time to Love Allah

I'am sorry if i offended you, it's not my intention to offend any one.

Fi amanillah

Wassalamoelaikoem Watahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

Imad

Imad

You have:
- Fear
- Hope
- Love

You can compare it with a bird. the right wing is Fear, the left wing is Hope and the head of the bird is Love. When there is No Fear, the bird will not be able to fly. If there is no Hope, the bird will also not be able to fly. What do you think if there is no Love, do you think the bird will fly?

revert2007 i realy believe that you love Allah.

Fi amanillah

Wassalamoealaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,'

Imad

Peace2u

Turn To Islam

You have:
- Fear
- Hope
- Love

You can compare it with a bird. the right wing is Fear, the left wing is Hope and the head of the bird is Love. When there is No Fear, the bird will not be able to fly. If there is no Hope, the bird will also not be able to fly. What do you think if there is no Love, do you think the bird will fly?

revert2007 i realy believe that you love Allah.

Fi amanillah

Wassalamoealaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,'

Imad

Salam brother,

I think you were trying to refer to the following.

The heart in its journey towards Allah is like a bird; its head is love, and its two wings are hope & fear. When the head and the two wings are sound and healthy, then the bird will fly well. If the head of the bird is cut off, it immediately dies, and when either or both wings are deficient, the bird cannot fly properly and it may become the victim of a hunter that passes by. - Ibn Al-Qayyim Al- Jawziyyah

revert2007

Love Fishing

How can a person not love the One Who Loves him/her.
You are a muslim ( revert) because Allah Loves you, otherwise you would not be a muslim. So how is it possible not to Love Allah Who Loves you and Who guided you to Islam, all praise is due to Him.

Don't you appreciate what He has given you? He has given you Islam. He is your Creator, the creator of your mum and dad. You have eyes to see, ears to hear, a heart to ponder, brains to think, legs to walk. Who created this all? I think it's time to appreciate what He has given you and Time to Love Him, otherwise your imaan is not completed.

Our prophet peace be upon him said clearly that the one who does not love him more than his own soul/self his imaan is not completed. When Umar heard this he said: I love you more than myself.

If this our Prophet peace be upon him, what do you think about Our Creator all praise is due to Him, the Creator of the prophets.

I think it's time to Love Allah

I'am sorry if i offended you, it's not my intention to offend any one.

Fi amanillah

Wassalamoelaikoem Watahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

Imad

If you ask me whether I love Allah before or after I convert(after saying shahadah).
My answer is NO

Love takes time to grow. The love comes when I witness the miracles happened in my life. After couple of months later, the more knowledge of Islam I have, the more I learn to love Allah s.w.t

When I love Allah s.w.t , automatically I obey Him without any force and am very happy and delighted to worship Him according to Quran and Sunnah.

thank u for ur post brother.May Allah bless u

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
If you ask me whether I love Allah before or after I convert(after saying shahadah).
My answer is NO

thank u for ur post brother.May Allah bless u

Sister I love your honesty. :ma: You are absolutely right that love of anything comes with time.

I remember a story when a young man who was kidnapped in his childhood finally met his parents. He was extremely excited but nervous at the same time. His parents were crying and hugging him but he was not crying and was somewhat stiff. I am sure he wanted to cry but didn't want to fake it.
Several years later when he was interviewed again he was hugging and kissing his parents and apparantly loving them a lot. It took some time for him to gather all that love and passion for his own parents.

Our own beloved Prophet Mohammad :saw: when he received the first wahi from ArchAngel Gibriel, didn't love Gibriel (even though Gibriel hugged him 3 times:)) but rather got frightened and came home shivering and scared.

Sometime we Muslims try to see everybody through our own individual lenses and filters. But I think you are doing just fine dear sister. You will soon come to the point when you will really love Allah and his Messanger :saw: InshaAllah.

Since you live in Cairo, so I suppose you read and speak Arabic. Has this helped you in learning about Islam and doing Salaah etc?
:wasalam:

revert2007

Love Fishing
well i guess some people misunderstood me that i dont love Allah.i wrote in my thread that after sometime i start to love Allah.it has been more than 2 years i converted to islam.of course i love Allah s.w.t and Prophet Muhamad s.a.w.

check my previous thread

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
well i guess some people misunderstood me that i dont love Allah.i wrote in my thread that after sometime i start to love Allah.it has been more than 2 years i converted to islam.of course i love Allah s.w.t and Prophet Muhamad s.a.w.

check my previous thread

Alhamdulilah sister, and of course you love Allah Azawajal, otherwise you wouldn't be calling others to this beautiful way of life :)

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
well , I am a Muslim coz I born as a Muslim
here the education tells us Islam is the only right religion , so I didnt spend any second to search about other religion .
as well as other religions have strange wrong thoughts !! for christanity .. how can I worship 3 gods ??!! how can a HUMAN becomes a God ?

about love Allah , Muslims MUST love Allah
yes we also Must fear him , but love him as well .

:)

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
you know what sis, when i saw the topic, i thought that you said' why did i convert to islam'?, and i got scared thinking, why are saying this...
but i know my sister...
you are our perfect islamic sister...
you will never ever think about it..
jasakallah khair sis :)

hellbraker

Example:
Your mother will guide you and always tell u about the Do’s and Don’ts because she is your mother who gave birth to you.

Same goes to Allah as the only Creator has mentioned about the Do’s and Don’ts in Quran .

Question
You can love the woman who gave birth to you,but why can’t you love The Creator who created you?

Reminds me of my signature sister..you are right