Why Do More Women Revert Than Men?

Muhammad_A

Penguin fancier
Simple question. Factoring out romantic entanglements (i.e. people who revert because of a boy/girlfriend/fiance/fiancee) what is it about Islam that appeals to women in numbers it has yet to achieve amongst the male population.

And on the flipside: What puts men off from reverting in greater numbers?

bi'idhnillah

:salam2:

mmhh lets c...

women are more sensible than men

we are quicker to accept whats true

we are more sensible (did i say that already):blackhijab:

seriously tho, i think because we have softer hearts and are more accepting.

:ma:

M

Moadeeb

You guys might be right in what you are saying, but I think that even western societies still look at women to be the reason why we all left heaven. Also, if a woman was looking for a religion I'd think that she wouldn't take one that looks at her as the reason behind humanity's punishment on earth. When it comes to choosing a religion, what counts would be what the religion says not what the society does.

Muhammad_A

Penguin fancier
I think men in modern Western Societies are more likely to view women as sex objects than evil temptresses. Especially in Europe where the traditional Christian sects are in decline.

I can't speak for the Yanks, but I'd imagine they see women as evil tempting sex objects :p

bi'idhnillah

are there revert brothers on the site who can enlighten us? i mean if som1 reverted they can they tell us their take on it.

Muhammad_A

Penguin fancier
Well, there's me. And I was mostly reluctant because of fear of familial disapproval.

And for medical reasons :p

Not that either reason really explains why I reverted or what prevents other men from doing the same.

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
Asslamualikum
In my opinion Allah guides who he wills and none can guide the misguided but Allah. :salah:
The issue where woman have soft heart that's why they accept the truth. I disagree. It really all depends on what Allah has destined for a person.
'For him whom Allah has appionted no light for him there is no light.' :subhanallah:

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member

I agree with sis Aquarious, Allah guides whom he wills and none can misguide whom Allah (s) has guided. All hearts have to soften in order to comprehend the truth, and they are ALL hard before conversion.

However I think there is something about Islam that would appeal to women more than men, and I think its becuase women who convert are looking for some self-respect and dignity where they cant find it anywhere else, its becuase Islam esteems women...it esteems men aswell! but I think women are far more degraded in kufr society than men are.

Maybe.

In my opinion Allah guides who he wills and none can guide the misguided but Allah. :salah:
The issue where woman have soft heart that's why they accept the truth. I disagree. It really all depends on what Allah has destined for a person.
'For him whom Allah has appionted no light for him there is no light.' :subhanallah:

dawahforever

Asalaamu Alaikum

I'm going to take a wild guess but I think that women see Islam as giving them rights and freeing them and giving them respect but for men I think they can't take the restrictions which make them lose the rights they've gained on the backs of women. Some examples when both spouses work they pool their money together and men get to buy a lot of toys like that..ie cars, boats etc..but in Islam the money that the woman makes is all hers and he can't have it! Also Islam says that a man can't use bc without his wife's permission but western men tell their wives how many kids they can have. In Islam a woman can choose to stay home or go to work but western men force their wives to work. Men also have to give up wearing gold and silk and beer and womanizing. Not many men can give these things up. All these things about western men I"ve been hearing from non-muslim women for years!

Wa Salaamu Alaikum
D4E

Mida

Asalamualaikum,
well,I think that the most logical reason why more women than men convert to Islam is simply, because they realized that only Islam give the woman her rights......
She is not a slave of any society anymore nor a sex object in spee.
A lot of women search for a balanced way between their heart (the way the feel most comfortable) and environment (in which they KNOW, after converting to Islam, how to live an islamic life.
:SMILY346: So Women and Girls all over the World..
Dont hesitate to become a muslim . Its woth it.!!!
Wasalam

samiha

---------
Staff member

Yea it's true that truly, it's Allah who guides...

But if we were to generalize, I'd say more women are reverting is because they always like to find the "WHY?" of things. There's so many sexist jokes in which the males say women "nag" or what not, but it's just we want to know the reasons behind and for everything.

It's not just good enough to say "this is how it is" and leave it there, we want to know "why it's like this" ... and i think that's what let's some women come to and see the truth. While generalizing...a lot of men could care less as long as it is that way.

hehe, just speculation... dunno. :p

:D :D :D And the MAIN reason men can't accept as easy? EGOS :D :D :D

wasalam