Why is the quran considered a miracle in islam?

alhamdulillah

Bismillah,

Assalamualaykum noble brother in Islam.

In response to your question:

Subhan'Allah....The Glorious Qur'an is a Miracle from Allah (to the Prophet Muhammad :saw:) as Allah says in the Qur'an - Surah Yunus Verse 37:

"And this Qur'an is not as could ever be produced by other than Allah (Lord of the heavens and earth), but it is a confirmation of (the Revelation) which was before it [i.e. the Taurat (Torah), and the Injeel (Gospal), and a full explanation of the Book (i.e. the laws decreed for mankind) wherein there is no doubt - from the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinn, and all that exists)." (10:37)

It was narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radi'Allahu anhu): The Prophet :saw: said, "There was no Prophet among the prophets but was given miracles because of which people had belief, but what I have been given is the Divine Revelation which Allah has revealed to me. So I hope that my followers will be more than those of any other Prophet on the Day of Resurrection." [Sahih Al-Bukhari]

Subhan'Allah......The Qur'an was revealed to Prophet Muhammad :saw: through Angel Jibril. It confirms what was sent before but at the same token, it states so many facts that scientists are probably discovering today. An example are these Verses which speak of the creation of mankind (or even the development of the embryo in the woman's womb):

"Thereafter We made him (the offspring of Adam) as a Nutfah (mixed drops of male and female sexual discharge and lodged it) in a safe lodging (womb of the woman)." [Surah Al-Mu'minin Verse 13]

"Then We made the Nutfah into a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood), then We made the clot into a lump of flesh, then We made out of that lump of flesh bones, then We brought it forth as another creation. So, Blessed is Allah, the Best of creators." [Surah Al-Mu'minin Verse 14]

".......................................He creates you in the wombs of your mothers, creation after creation in three veils of darkness. Such is Allah your Lord. His is the kingdom. La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He). How then are you turned away?" [Surah Az-Zumar Verse 6]

Subhan'Allah...Allah has also 'challanged' us in the Qur'an to produce a chapter like this Book...surely we will NEVER EVER be able too! Subhan'Allah.

Allah has also PROMISED to 'protect' the Qur'an.

Also, consider the following Hadith from Saheeh Bukhaaree Vol. 4, Bk 55, #549 (in certain editions it is listed as vol. 4, #3332):

Inna ahada kum yuhma'u khalquhu fee batni ummahi arba'eena yawman, THUMMA yakoonu 'alaqatan mithla dhalika, THUMMA yakoonu mudhghatan mithla dhalika

A human being is created in the womb of his mother for forty days, THEN he becomes an alaqa for an equivalent period [of time], THEN he becomes a mudgha for an equivalent period [of time].

Not only was the Qur'an a Miracle from Allah to the Prophet :saw:...but in actual fact, Allah Subhana hu wa ta'aala decreed many other Miracles to be attached with him :saw:.

You may wish to read a couple of these articles relating to the Prophet's :saw: Miracles, Insha'Allah.

click link:
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3055

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3038

Insha'Allah, i pray this helped dear brother.

Any good in what i've said is from Allah Alone, all praise is due to Him. Anything wrongly said, anything dumbfound i hereby confirm is from my side and shaytaan!

I leave you in the View of Ar-Raheem,

Wasalam...

Ayep

:salam2:

Here's a link how the Quran is compatible with modern science. Remember no other religious book comes close and can be proven by modern science discoveries in this age. Remember the Quran was revealed 1400 years ago.
http://islamyesterday.com/science/

Allah knows best

:wasalam:

Durriyyah

Forever Student
Just to put things in some sort of perspective, take the Bible and find all the inconsistancies through it. Even the fact that there are a ton of different versions of the Bible that will say different things. The fact that the Qur'an has lastest this long while keeping the exact contents as the days it was revealed is a miracle in itself.

This and the scientific proof that the others pointed out and the poetry in the Qur'an overall. Where it talks about the planets swimming in the universe (forgive me... I don't have the exact Surah and Verse)... how beautiful is that? And how would any human 1400 years ago know about that? :allahuakbar:

Noor to shine

:salam2:

I think that you should find the answer by yourself . Read Quran with sincere seeking heart then the facts will be shown to you....The more sincerity you have in heart the more brght the facts will be shown to you. Quran is the words of Allah swt but first we need to purify those hearts to let the Truth get in . Covers of ignorance , lusts, vain desires blocks the way .