WHY MUST I SUFFER?

Appa BK

Muslimah Light
Oh Allah, Why Must I Suffer?

I prayed, to the Almighty, for my troubles to cease.
But instead of departing, they seemed to increase.

Each day found 'new problems' I'd not faced before
And, so, my depression just grew; more and more.

I begged and I pleaded, "Allah, please let me die!
If You can't ease my pain, at least tell me why."

The Almighty said, "My dear child, I love you so much
And I could have erased all those tears with one touch.

But, I wanted to teach you to cling to My hand
And trust Me for things you cannot understand.

I wanted to show you that, when things go wrong,
My strength, in your weakness, will make you grow strong.

You've suffered because you were chosen to be
A light for the lost and a witness for Me.

As you travel the pathway I've laid out for you,
You will meet many hearts that are suffering, too.

And because you have been there, and know what they feel,
You can show them My love and can help them to heal."

'Twas then that I wept, as I fell on my knees,
And I gave thanks to Allah for not granting my pleas.

For had I not suffered and felt such despair,
How could I have known the extent of His care?

Oh, Allah, make me worthy to share Your great love
And help hurting souls reach Your heaven above.

palestine

Servant of Allah

MashaAllah sister. this is so true. You're a very intelligent poet. InshaAllah may you be blessed for it. ameen. sincerely your sister.:hijabi: :hijabi:
your poem reminds me of so many things, such as how people hurt one another by words, or worse by the brutal guns of the kufar everyday.:
salam2:

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
:salam2:

It's a beautiful peom, Sister. I can really relate to it with what I'm going through at the moment, so thank you kindly for sharing.

:wasalam:

anneesa

Salaam Alaikum, I posted up this poem on my blog and someone commented on it and I do not know how to reply to the commenter. I hope my brothers and sisters could shed some light as to how I should get about it. Jazakallah.

Author : Pooet (IP: 61.6.194.41 , 61.6.194.41)
E-mail : [email protected]
URL :
Whois : http://ws.arin.net/cgi-bin/whois.pl?queryinput=61.6.194.41
Comment:
Assalamualaikum,

Nice poem... but there is something that realllllly bothers me..
What are the implications of quoting words that Allah has never ever said? Doesnt that constitute a lie? A fraudulant act? Giving false infomation? Isnt it Haram as it can lead to falsehood? Is the poet a Prophet since he/she can hear what Allah has said that is directly addressd to him/her? Nauzubillah.

I notice poems like these are prevalent in Chirstian poetry where there are promoting their messages of good, morality, peace,love etc. Some of them quoting 'sayings' from GOD. Its is sad that some people would modify some of these poems to cater for different faiths but has not put much thought in the compatibility of its contents. Wheather the above poem is one of them, I cannot say.

Nevertheless dear sister, hope you look into this issue and shead some more light on this matter. Maybe you can discuss this in one of your halaqah sessions.

Appa BK

Muslimah Light

MashaAllah sister. this is so true. You're a very intelligent poet. InshaAllah may you be blessed for it. ameen. sincerely your sister.:hijabi: :hijabi:
your poem reminds me of so many things, such as how people hurt one another by words, or worse by the brutal guns of the kufar everyday.:
salam2:

As Salaam Mu Aleykum Sister.
The poem is very beautiful, but unfirtunately I didnt write it- many people including myself can relate to this poem... its so true to human nature.

Wa Aleykum Salaam my Sister in Islaam