why there is no thread about the pope visit

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
asalam allaikum brothers and sisters

What do u all think of the pope Benedictus's XVI visit to Turkey; did he really mean to make peace with the prophet Muhammad (PEACE BE UPON HIM), OR Islam..?
Were his guestures convincing? Should we Muslims think of Benny in better light now, after all the rude and untrue things he had to say regarding Islam and our Prophet? Was his Pope-Mobile impressive in your opinion, or does it further illustrate the idea that Benny is off in his own little bubble-world, separated from reality?

thanx & wasallam

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum Salam,

I think its a waste of time, he is not someone who cares one iota about Muslims or making peace. If he was alive in the middle ages, he would be calling for the extermination of all Muslims and Jews. Popers have a very well-known history for doing that.

He had no reason to be quoting inaccurate statements made by bloodthirsty arrogant ignoramus's. This simply points to his concealed racism and spite.

I am all for people working together, there is nothing wrong with Muslims working and living alongside non-Muslims. And the Muslims have done so since the time of the Prophet :saw:. Even our Prophet :saw: lived, bought items from the Christians and even Kosher meat from the Jews.

With people like Bush waging terrorist wars against Muslim countries and many others saying nothing and helping him, this is all because of the Muslims weakness and being astray from Islam. - Its no good simply critisising rulers or the governments of countries. The Problems are much closer to home, whether people like it or not. - In Syria, Lebanon, Palestine, Pakistan, India, Turkey and many Muslim countries people do much Shirk and Bidah and are dividing our Ummah because of that. They hold on to supersticions and things which have absolutely nothing to do with Islam.

The only way Muslims will ever succeed is to return to the Quran and Sunnah properly with the correct understanding of the pious predecessors (the Sahaba (companions of the Prophet :saw:) and those with the rightly guided caliphs after them).

Its a big problem, and what makes it more acute is when majority of the people fail to realise the true causes of this Ummah's weakness. The people fall for the silly nonsense politics and supporting Islamic groups which are not proper Muslims of correct Islamic belief.

They fail to realise Allah's promise in the Quran, that he would aid the Muslims if they were upon correct belief i.e. Tawheed.

you can read more here:

Ummah in Conflict

Why Muslims are Weak Today

A suspicion that Allaah subhaanahu wa ta'ala has not kept His Promise to grant victory to the Muslims, and that the kaafirs have managed to overcome the order of Allaah. And concerning this, Allaah subhaanahu wa ta'ala tells us:

"The promise of Allaah is true. And who is more truthful in speech than Allaah" (Soorah an-Nisaa 4:122).

(v) This matter sprouts from weakness of Yaqeen (certainty of faith) in Allaah subhaanahu wa ta'aala and a weakness of ones tawakkul (reliance) upon Him. And the fact that the blame for what has befallen the Muslims lies upon themselves does not mean that we free the kaafir from any blame in what they do to the Muslims, since this is one thing and that is another. This is proved by the fact that when we were informed by Allaah subhaanahu wa ta'aala about the causes for the defeat at Uhud, this did not imply that Allaah freed them from any blame for what they did to the Muslims.

So the true understanding of siyaasah (politics, as defined by the Sharee'ah) is to recognise your own condition, and that you look after the affairs of the Ummah: and that you truly understand your state of affairs - calling the people and those near to you. Anything other than this is lies, nonsense, hollow speech and the following of desires, since it is in contradiction to the Guidance laid down by the Lord of the Heavens, and a deviation from the Manhaj of the Prophets, and far removed from the path taken by the callers who are upon the ways of guidance. However, as regards to those who gasp and pant after hollow politics and scurry behind the current affairs - which are both empty and repetitive - then it is precisely this which is plotted for us by the enemies of this Ummah so that they can divert the Muslim youth away from their true position, and turn them away from their principle obligation, and distance them away from their primary goal, which is the worship of Allaah, subhaanahu wa ta'aala.

Indeed, our Shaykh, the scholar of fiqh Nasiruddin al-Albani, has said: " The best way to change the evil is for Muslims to repent to their Lord, correct their beliefs, and nurture themselves and their families according to the correct Islam, as Allaah says

" Verily, Allaah does not change : people's condition unless they change what is in themselves." (Soorah ar-Ra'd 13:11).

And the way to salvation is not, as some people imagine, to rise up with arms against the rulers, and to conduct military coups. In addition to being among the contemporary bid'ahs (innovations), such actions disregard the texts of Islam, among which is the command to change ourselves. Furthermore, it is imperative to establish the foundation upon which the building will stand:

" Verily, Allaah will Most certainly support him who supports His cause; verily, Allaah is Most Powerful and Almighty." (surah al-Hajj 22:40).

This is the methodical and orderly approach, and the correct practice based upon the Qur'aan and Sunnah that the Ummah must agree upon, enjoin and call to.

Wasalam.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
:salam2:
I was a VERY devout Christian (Protestant (Episcopalian or Anglican)) and I've been propagandized (?) into believing that Catholics think that the Pope's word is God's. One thing I know, however, is that Catholics consider the Pope God's Vicegerent (or the ruler in place of) on Earth.

Knowing this, that means that everything the Pope says is from God. I know there's some disputes about what I've said (as seen in the other "why there is no thread about pope..." thread).

Even if I were to dispute myself by taking the other side, I would still say that the Pope's mistakes wouldn't be large such as his about Islam.

Was the Pope sorry?

Let me ask you this: Was reading a prewritten apology without taking comments from the listeners a good apology? NO!

On top of that, the Pope truly believes that what he said was from God (which was the relevance of the first 3 "sections" of the post). Thinking that, I would say he's proud of what he said, for he thinks he's "exposing Islam".

I love it when Allah (SWT) says that we should gain knowledge on what we're debating before debating it (somewhere in the Qur'an). It seems the Pope failed to do this by not reading the Qur'an. Or is it a sin to think outside the box?
:wasalam:

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Yeah and I wonder if the poop is a Zionist supporting the killing of muslims? I mean, there where a lot of battles with Christianity like these "crusades" that they faught to destroy Islam, like what this story says.
Desire to Die for Allah

When the news of the crusader army (Christians) that had prepared on the horizons to wipe out Islam reached him, Abu Qudaamah Ash-Shaamee moved quickly to the Mimbar of the Masjid. In a powerful and emotional speech, Abu Qudaamah ignited the desire of the community to defend their land, Jihad for the sake of Allah. As he left the Masjid, walking down a dark and secluded alley, a women stopped him and said, "As salamu alaykum wa Rahmatullaah!"

Abu Qudaamah stopped and did not answer. She repeated her salam again, adding "this is not how pious people should act." She stepped forward from the shadows. "I heard you in the Masjid encouraging the believers to go for Jihad and all I have is this." She handed him two long braids. "It can be used for a horse rein. Perhaps Allah may write me as one of those who went for Jihaad."

The next day as that Muslim village set out to confront the crusader army, a young boy ran through the gathering and stood at the hooves of Abu Qudaamah's horse. "I ask you by Allah to allow me to join the army." Some of the elder fighters laughed at the boy. "The horses will trample you," they said. But Abu Qudaamah looked down into his eyes as he asked again, "I ask you by Allah, let me join." Abu Qudaamah then said, "On one condition, if you are killed, you will take me to Jannah with you amongst those who you will be allowed to intercede for." That young boy smiled and said "It's a promise."

When the two armies met and the fighting intensified, the young boy on the back of Abu Qudaamah's horse asked, "I ask you by Allah to give me 3 arrows." "You'll lose them!" The boy repeated, "I ask you by Allah to give me them." Abu Qudaamah gave him the arrows and the boy took aim. "Bismillaah!" The arrow flew and killed a Roman. "Bismillaah!" The second arrow flew, killing a second Roman. "Bismillaah!" The third arrow flew, killing a third Roman. An arrow then struck the boy in the chest - knocking him off the horse. Abu Qudaamah jumped down to his side, reminding the boy in his final breaths, "Don't forget the promise!" The boy reached into his pocket, extracted a pouch and said, "Please return this to my mother." "Who's your mother?" asked Abu Qudaamah. "The woman who gave you the braids yesterday."

Source: Extracted from the lecture by Muhammad Al-Shareef.

Story From: islamcan.com

Globalpeace

Banned
Can the Pope be Sorry???

Asslamo Allaikum,

I always thought that the pope is considered infallible therefore cannot make a mistake hence cannot apologise.

Jazakullah Khairun

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Asslamo Allaikum,

I always thought that the pope is considered infallible therefore cannot make a mistake hence cannot apologise.

Jazakullah Khairun

:salam2:
Sister Jocelyn (on this site) was a Catholic and she denied that Catholics thought that.

But, I know that Catholics think that the Pope is God's Vicegerent (or as they say, "Christ's Vicegerent").