Women are not reqiured to offer Iqamah or Adhan.

Ayyub

Assalamou Alaikoum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

Today I was refreshing my memory by relistening to some duroos of Shaykh Fawzaan hafidhahullah. In the 4th part of the dars Al Usool al Thalathaa he hafidhahullah anwered a question by saying that women in general are not required to do either Iqama or Adhan before starting to pray.

So I went on to see if I really heard it right. And it really is like I heard it.
The seventh question of Fatwa no. 18252
Q 7: Should a woman pronounce Iqamah (call to start the Prayer) when offering congregational Prayer?
A: Women are not required to pronounce Iqamah, as this is the job of men.
(Part No. 5; Page No. 72)
May Allah grant us success. May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and Companions.

Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and Ifta'

Member Member Member Deputy Chairman Chairman
Bakr Abu Zayd Salih Al-Fawzan `Abdullah ibn Ghudayyan `Abdul-`Aziz Al Al-Shaykh `Abdul-`Aziz ibn `Abdullah ibn Baz
The second question of Fatwa no. 5176
Q: I know that women are not obliged to call Iqamah (the call to prayer). But, is it permissible for them to do it, if they will hold a congregational prayer led by a woman?
A: With regard to women, Iqamah and Adhan are not acts of Sunnah whether they perform Salah individually or in congregation.
May Allah grant us success. May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and Companions.

The Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and Ifta'

Member Chairman
`Abdullah ibn Qa`ud `Abdul-`Aziz ibn `Abdullah ibn Baz

My question now is: Are the sisters on this aware of this??

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
Assalamou Alaikoum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

My question now is: Are the sisters on this aware of this??

Walaikumassalaam wa rehamatullahi wa barakatuhu.

I don't know about the sisters. But, I was hardly aware of such a thing. Alhamdulilah learnt something today. :)
JazakAllah Khair akhi.

Peace

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
BarakaAllaahu feeka Akhee Ayyub.

No, not every sisters are aware of this. We used to do Iqamah when we were praying in women congregation. Back in high school and even the university days. I am sure there are women who still do this as they do not know.

However brother, I'd like to ask, if they still do it, what is the ruling?