Women who wear burkas and niqabs on the street in France face fines of £700

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

An email I received from a fatwa-online.com. May Allaah aid the Muslims in every place and grant them strength and ability to unite upon tawhid and sunnah. May He humiliate these despicable, lowly beings...

Women who wear burkas and niqabs on the street in France face fines of £700

ref: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...ear-burkhas-street-France-face-fines-700.html

Women who wear Islamic veils in public in France face a £700 fine under strict new laws being proposed.

The amount could be doubled for Muslim men who force female members of their family to cover their faces.

Jean-Francois Cope, president of Nicolas Sarkozy’s ruling UMP Party, said the legislation was intended to protect the ‘dignity’ and ‘security’ of women.

He is set to file the draft law in the National Assembly after Mr Sarkozy said veils were ‘not welcome’ because they intimidated non-Muslims.

‘We want a ban in public areas,’ said Mr Cope, making it clear the veil would not be allowed in public buildings, or on the streets of France, home to five million Muslims.

He added: ‘The wearing of the burka will be subject to a fine, probably of 750 euros’.

The fine would apply to ‘all people on the public street whose face is entirely covered’.

Mr Sarkozy has called burkas ‘a sign of subservience that imprison women’, while immigration minister Eric Besson described them as ‘an affront to national identity’.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum,

Incredible how much hatred they have inside their hearts for the truth.

This is a clear indication muslims need to move to other lands where its possible to practice their beliefs without any problems. These policies are not on an positive slope, they will only get progressively worse with time.

May Allaah aid the muslims to make hijrah, Ameen.

Salem9022

wouldn't this entail Muslims to make Hijrah? I still don't understand why Muslims live or Immigrate to Kaffir Nations unless you want to leave your Islam. Wouldn't it be better for them to come back to their own nations to better their own societies(Algeria, Morroco, etc.) since that is where most of them come from?

Abdul25

Logical Believer
wouldn't this entail Muslims to make Hijrah? I still don't understand why Muslims live or Immigrate to Kaffir Nations unless you want to leave your Islam. Wouldn't it be better for them to come back to their own nations to better their own societies(Algeria, Morroco, etc.) since that is where most of them come from?

very few dare to take this bold step. and only those do who have eman in their hearts..

one example.

in my university where i am doing masters, there was an Egyptian professor , he lived in Deutschland for 16 yrs, but when it came to his children, i.e. his daughter turned 12 , he made up his mind to go back to Egypt, why because he feared that his daughter will go astray as it is common sight here in schools of Germany. he even didn't let his daughter learn in school instead his wife used to teach her. eventually he left his Job and went back to Egypt.

so there are people who take decision based on Islam.....

Kakorot

I think it is best if they just emigrate back to their countries of origin. In that way, they will be able to practice their deen, instead of staying in kuffar countries and moaning about their laws.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

Assalamu'alaykum,

Incredible how much hatred they have inside their hearts for the truth.

This is a clear indication muslims need to move to other lands where its possible to practice their beliefs without any problems. These policies are not on an positive slope, they will only get progressively worse with time.

May Allaah aid the muslims to make hijrah, Ameen.

Exactly. I pray for another King Faisal (or better) to once again turn the oil taps off to these arrogant, shameless people, who claim nakedness is dignity and honour and covering is opression and dishonour. Who for hundreds of years have robbed our nations and all the poor and weak at that.

I think it is best if they just emigrate back to their countries of origin. In that way, they will be able to practice their deen, instead of staying in kuffar countries and moaning about their laws.

When one cannot manifest the religion hijrah becomes obligatory. Clearly, the Burka and Niqaab (according to one of two opinions) are enough a proof for this. Walhamdulillaah this hasn't occurred in the British Isles yet, though that's no excuse for more South Asians to flock here and sacrifice halaal money for riba, noble dress for indecency and all the rest that comes with the package. And it certainly isn't an excuse for us to remain here.

O Allaah, rid us of this humiliation and cause us to die in the lands of those who believe in You, and Your Prophet, sall Allaahu `alayhi wasallam.

q8penpals

Salam

2 things...

First of all, it is only a PROPOSED law, meaning, it hasn't been passed yet. I would hope the Muslims in France would make it known (in a correct manner, like peaceful protesting and letter writing) that this is an unacceptible law, limiting the freedoms or religion and expression.

Secondly, to the poster who said "I think it is best if they just emigrate back to their countries of origin. In that way, they will be able to practice their deen, instead of staying in kuffar countries and moaning about their laws." - what if France IS their country of origin? Where do you suggest actual FRENCH Muslims go?

sharazad

Sister
Salam

2 things...

First of all, it is only a PROPOSED law, meaning, it hasn't been passed yet. I would hope the Muslims in France would make it known (in a correct manner, like peaceful protesting and letter writing) that this is an unacceptible law, limiting the freedoms or religion and expression.

Secondly, to the poster who said "I think it is best if they just emigrate back to their countries of origin. In that way, they will be able to practice their deen, instead of staying in kuffar countries and moaning about their laws." - what if France IS their country of origin? Where do you suggest actual FRENCH Muslims go?

I agree with sister in this matter. There are muslims in many generation that are french, even if they have origin in Africa etc. where should they go?

The problem with this law is, that if it is established in France, it will not take long before it spreads over Europe.. InshAllah this will not be the case! Now the Human Rights could step in and make a contribution about freedom of practicing religion.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

Yes it's proposed, I noticed that, but my disgust for this rose above all, perhaps unnecessarily. There is a hadeeth where the Prophet sall-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam, "frees himself" from those who take shahaadah and choose to remain amongst their people as oppose to the Muslims. I can't find the exact wording but I'm sure with scholarly explanation to this hadeeth, your question could be answered inshaa' Allaah. Hijrah is a lengthly topic and migrating to a land of Islaam can be desirable or obligatory depending on various conditions and factors. If this law happens to pass, then obligatory would seem to be the ruling.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I lived in Paris many moons ago. They were so racist I was glad to come back to the US. That should say something.

It is interesting to note that the veil ban is really funny. The Europeans are worried that most of Europe will be majority Muslim by 2025. Germany has admitted this. We can't help it if we are fertile.

Imagine how you would feel if you saw the number of veils multiplying. This is a real image. This is reality hitting you in the face. Oh My God...the Muslims are multiplying. So you impose a stupid law. This can not be enforced. The police will have to dedicate time to arrest and charge Muslim women. This will jam the system. I say go sisters go. If 500 women walk down the street to shop..do you arrest them. It gets a little ridiculous.

q8penpals

Salam

And by their own statistics, they said there are only about 400 women in France that regularly wear a face-covering. So they are doing all this for 400 women out of a population of 62 million?? Talk about bad politicians - what a waste of time and money!

islam_best

Assalaamalaikum warahmatullahi wabarakaathu,

Man, they want to protect the 'dignity' and 'security' of women by banning them to wear the niqabs and burkas?!! How can they be so foolish!!!Ya Allah save us from such evil and give us courage to face all our trials succesfully and grant us all JAnnatulfirdous in the hereafter.AMeen Ya Mujeeb.Ameen Ya Allah Ameen.

Wassalaamalaikum warahmatullahi wabrakaathu

aseel

salam

salam alaykum sisters ,

As a niqab wearing european muslim, i find this very scary indeed i lived in france most of my life until just a year and a few months ago , being a niqabi in france i got stoped and surched, insulted ... etc everyday.
I now live in the middle east but my family mother, sisteretc ( non muslims) still live there.

How am i supposed to visit now i wonder ... i have already been treated like an animal lots of times at CDG airport in paris this is just gonna make going bk to see my family horrible :( *sniffs*

growing up in france i know that protesting for this kind of thing wont work , the law will be past nothing we can do about that :(

HelloMuslima

It's not easy for those of us who where
born in Kaffir countries and converted to Islam
especially since a lot the time when it comes
to a convert obitaning citizenship in a Muslim
country they treat us much the same way the
French treat the women who wear Burqa

kayleigh

This is from the daily mail... got an article from a source thats a little more reputable? Then I would buy it.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
salam alaykum sisters ,

As a niqab wearing european muslim, i find this very scary indeed i lived in france most of my life until just a year and a few months ago , being a niqabi in france i got stoped and surched, insulted ... etc everyday.
I now live in the middle east but my family mother, sisteretc ( non muslims) still live there.

How am i supposed to visit now i wonder ... i have already been treated like an animal lots of times at CDG airport in paris this is just gonna make going bk to see my family horrible :( *sniffs*

growing up in france i know that protesting for this kind of thing wont work , the law will be past nothing we can do about that :(

Waalaykummusalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

MashaAllaah ukhti, I always have my utmost respect to those strong sisters wearing niqaab. Im sure those insults that you got from the ignorant people, Allaah will reward you with something good from it.

Well sister, those who are wearing niqaab in this world, veiling their face from the strangers - on the Day of Judgement, Allaah Himself will be longing to see that woman! MashaAllaah...

Do keep your spirits inside sister. Even if the whole world is against you, know that as long as you are in His Path, you will be protected.

Wassalam.