World's oldest man dies at the age of 138

muselman

:salam2:

A great-grand father believed to be the world's oldest man has died at the age of 138.

Habib Mian passed away early yesterday morning after a brief illness at his home in the Alwar district, Rajasthan, India.

According to records Habib was born on May 28, 1870.

The grand old man was a witness to the life and times of two kings of Jaipur, the dominance of the British Raj and the decades after the Jaipur princely state of the erstwhile Rajputana merged into the Indian Union after Independence.

The Limca Book of World Records recognises him as the oldest living man in the world in its 2005 edition.

But the Guinness Book of Records did not give him this recognition because his pension papers say he was born on May 20, 1878 at Rajgarh in Alwar district.

Habib Mian also held the distinction of being the oldest Haj pilgrim having visited Mecca in 2004 and the longest beneficiary of old age pension which he has received since 1938.

Dead at 138: Habib Mian is burried in Jaipur

Habib, who outlived his wife by 70 years, was buried at the Ghat Gate graveyard in the Alwar district, after the "Zuhar" (afternoon) prayers.

Though his birthday had become a public event ever his age came to people's notice, Habib Mian did not celebrate the day this year as he was distressed by the May 13 serial blasts in the city that claimed 68 lives.

Mourners pay tribute to Habib Mian who was born on the 28th of May 1870

:wasalam:

ruki4eva

Muslim Unity...
subhanallah!
jazakallah for sharin
inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiun
May Allah swt hav mercy upon his soul
save him from the tormentz of hell
from the azaab of the grave
n grant him jannatul ferdous
inshallah
Ameeen.
take care

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!

wow! :ma: thats really old, i wonder how he was able to talk or walk. may Allah subhana wata'ala bless him.....: jazak Allahu khayra for sharing

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
Subhanallah!! Allah allowed him a long life. May Allah forgive him and grant him Jannah, Ameen!

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
Masha Allah, 138 years old that's a long life to live. May he rest in peace insha allah.
Jazak allaho kheiran for sharing this news brother:)

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer

A great-grand father believed to be the world's oldest man has died at the age of 138.

Habib Mian passed away early yesterday morning after a brief illness at his home in the Alwar district, Rajasthan, India.

According to records Habib was born on May 28, 1870.

The grand old man was a witness to the life and times of two kings of Jaipur, the dominance of the British Raj and the decades after the Jaipur princely state of the erstwhile Rajputana merged into the Indian Union after Independence.

The Limca Book of World Records recognises him as the oldest living man in the world in its 2005 edition.

But the Guinness Book of Records did not give him this recognition because his pension papers say he was born on May 20, 1878 at Rajgarh in Alwar district.

Habib Mian also held the distinction of being the oldest Haj pilgrim having visited Mecca in 2004 and the longest beneficiary of old age pension which he has received since 1938.

Dead at 138: Habib Mian is burried in Jaipur

Habib, who outlived his wife by 70 years, was buried at the Ghat Gate graveyard in the Alwar district, after the "Zuhar" (afternoon) prayers.

Though his birthday had become a public event ever his age came to people's notice, Habib Mian did not celebrate the day this year as he was distressed by the May 13 serial blasts in the city that claimed 68 lives.

Mourners pay tribute to Habib Mian who was born on the 28th of May 1870

There was a newspaper article in a bangali newspaper that refutes this claim that this man who died is the world's oldest men.
The bangali man according to the newspaper is 148 years old. He can read the Quran without glasses, can walk to the market by himself, and he has about 50 grandchildren.
Born in 1860 I believe

Khalil2u

May Allah SWT bless him with Jannah and spare him the torture of the grave. 138 years to roam the earth I wonder how many times he made hajj? I work with the elderly and think that they deserve plenty of respect and love from the younger generation. They have lots of wisdom and you can learn a lot from them.:hearts:

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

i don't believe it. i'm sorry. maybe if he was one of those sea turtles.

i think they messed up his paperwork or something. forgive me if i seem offensive, but 138 years old? i don't know. but i hope ALLAH SWT grants him jannah.