Article Would you like to meet your family members in the Hereafter?

Mohammad Rafoqie

images.jpg
Would you like to meet your family members in the Hereafter?

By Mohammad Rafique Etesame

Off course, every Muslim’s deadly wish is same that, he should again meet his lovely ones i.e. a lovely father, mother, his lovely children etc. And this is not mere an imagine, but its authenticity is proved by the holy Quran as”: -

And as for those who have attained to faith and whose offspring will have followed them in faith, We shall unite them with their offspring; and We shall not let aught of their deeds go to waste: [but] every human being will be held in pledge for whatever he has earned. (asad) ⟶ At-Tur (The Mount) 52:21

These verses reveal that if some people’s parents are true Muslims i.e. they believe in the oneness of God and do not ascribe partners to Him and love the holy Prophet PBUH, and follow his good example in their whole lives, and similarly their children’s obey their parents. Then Allah Almighty ordains that “We shall join their seeds to their parents” (they will again be a joint family).

But there may some obstacles to do so as: -

• If the children are infidels or mushriks (i.e. ascribing partners to Allah Al mighty), or their beliefs are mixed with the shirk or innovation,
  • then they will not be joined to their parent at all because Allah will not forgive to them as the holy Quran reveals” Allah forgives not (The sin of) joining other gods with Him; but He forgiveth whom He pleaseth other sins than this: one who joins other gods with Allah, Hath strayed far, far away (from the right). (An-Nisaa | 176)

If the children disobey to their parent’s ant and make Rude attitude to them, (3)

If the children, for example, stand any dispute regarding property, or give and take etc., or personal differences etc. And if their parents divided the property among them with justice and same did in other matters, then usually, the children cut-off the relations with them.

And if it will be so, then it is quite impossible to be joined the children to their parents until they apologize to them. Because the holy Quran reveals, “for thy Sustainer has ordained that you shall worship none but Him. And do good unto [thy] parents. Should one of them, or both, attain to old age in thy care, never say 'Ugh' to them or scold them, but [always] speak unto them with reverent speech, (The Journey by Night) 17:23). Also,” My Lord, have mercy upon them as they brought me up [when I was] small." . (Surah Al-Isra 17-24).

May Allah make us look after our parents and treat them with kindness!

So, if the children are sincere to meet to them in Paradise, then they should deal with them politely and do not cut-off to them. May Allah Al-Mighty five us ,taufeeq, to do so, Amin.