Would you marry a sister in purdah

Status
Not open for further replies.

muslimahindeen

:salam2: :ma: :ma: Hey brothers would u marry a sister who observes purdah???? and sisters if a guy a says he 's not marrying u if u're wearing a veil would u take it off??or tell him jump off the bridge bro cos they are more fishes in the ocean........or if u're spouse tell u to stop wearing the veil or he don't like the idea of u wearing it???????

i was chatting with some sisters and some of em don't want to wear the veil cos they think they would never find a spouse cos as they say most guys don't like the veil..............well as i will say again it's sad what the muslim ummat is coming too.............that people have no trust in Allah swt they prefer to please the creation rather than please the CREATOR OF THE CREATIONS THE LORD OF THE HEAVEN AND EARTH...................

Well i'm in purdah and if a guy want to marry me he'll marry as i am and no way am i taking it off cos i'll be in my own grave when i go 6ft deep not his i have to pay for my own shortcomings.....as i told the sisters good guys want good girls so a guy with islamic values and common sense would prefer a sister who covers rather than flaunt herself for the world to see.......:blackhijab:

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum !

Dear Sister, very well said. U are absolutely correct we are not supposed to follow others will when they are asking us to go against the will of Allah.
Quran says
"Women impure are for men impure, and men impure for women impure and women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity: these are not affected by what people say: for them there is forgiveness, and a provision honourable. "
( Al- Noor )

i would really like to know about guys who are keeping beards for the love of Allah. What do our sisters think of them ???
Ma'ssalaam !

rightpath4u

Asalamoalykum

Dear sister in islam

You have said the right things here , in this time of the world they want the moderate islam ,husband dont want to see his wife in the veil or wife doesnt want the husband having a beared sad very sad cas they r so away from the true teaching of islam , just following their culture but not the deen which prophet Mohammed (peace N blessing upon him) brought to us .

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
very well said.I also think that a good person,who is really believer will respect u and love u the way u are ,and will respect u for wearing the hijab...
Unfortunately a lot of men do the opposite,and a lot of women wearing a hijab just because of the tradition or the rules,or the family.The true believer will not take it off because of finding a man...

khalid123456

Islam is Perfect
In the Name Of ALLAH Most Merciful, Most Beneficent, Most Gracious, Most Compassionate, Most Loving, Most, Genourous, Most Gentle, Most Forgiving

My Dear Sister in Islam, you are totaly right and any guy you marry make sure he's a very pious and firm person in ISLAM, Make Sure that the only Love He Has in His Heart is For ALLAH, ISLAM AND OUR BELOVED PROPHET MOHAMMED (SAAW) MAY THE PEACE AND BLESSINGS OF ALLAH CONSTANTLY BE ON HIM, HIS FAMILY HIS COMPANIONS AND ALL THOSE THAT FOLLOW HIS WAY.

To all brothers and sisters, the success of this life is in the Quraan and the Sunnah. Find partners that are close to ALLAH, and find parthers that have a sound character (ikhlaaq) - Salam - ul-Laikum

umm hussain

Well said sister, we should marry for the deen first and foremost so if someone asks you to take hijab off or shave the beard off then they are definitely not worth marrying.

saima11

:salam2: :SMILY139:

i have worn the purdah for 12yrs now. i am married i would not take my purdah off for anyone. :angryred: :angryred:

i think if women are not wearing the purdah thinkng that a guy won't want to marry her, well i don't think a religious guy would want a wife who didn't observe the purdah. well look at it this way i wouldn't want to marry a guy who didnt have it full sunnat lengh beard, would you?

i thnk we need to look at someone who is pious, who can help us and help our children to stay on the straight and right path in this world and make the hereafter good for us too.

may ALLAH guide all to find good & pious partners.

justoneofmillion

i definetly would you know humble dressing gives the woman a chance to prosper in the most confident way especially in our times i think it`s the most couragious manner of expressing desachantement with the status of woman in the west you know that paranoic never satisfying way of live that puches one from change to change making him a slave of his own envy and greed humble dressing in islam promotes the equalitarian aspect between human beings in the society so that when you meet somebody you don`t see them as a product or a potential good to buy i admire and respect woman like you and remember that men who are well intentioned and respectful to themselves marry women that they admire not the one`s that others admire!:astag: :astag: wassalamu aleikum warahmatuallahi wa barakakathu! from germany

abou haytam

salam

salamo o alikom

it s very important subject. I am looking to marry. the criteria that islam advise to chose the wife and (husband for woman) are very clear: the one who have Deen (muslim) and muslim in the correct sens not our ``muslims`` days (Hijab with Levis Jean and 100 Lbs of make up). my problem is that how can i found this person???? sometimes i think that i can marry a ``muslim`` girl and after we will study andhelp each other to imporve our Deen. I am far to be perfect and good muslim, so i don t expect what i don t have. But all what i want is a woman that can help me to keep the right way. But for sure i want a real hijab

salamo alikom

Steve940

Asalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

I personally wouldn't have a problem having a wife who wears the veil. This is a sign of true devotion to God and to Islam, the most important thing we must strain to achieve at all times. I don't understand the objection by any man.

Wa salam

umYaniah

assalaamu alaikum

What!!!!!! well where im from brothers break their necks lookn for a sister who is more in to pleasing the creater n not the created because the are a lack of "good" muslimahs who follow the straight path. most sisters would wear khimar-tight jeans-short jacket- makeup and give a full greeting. Ok whats wrong with this picture? :angryblue: i myself (masha allah) wears niqaab sometimes veil with it and hijab and im no longer married. my trust is with allah(swt) to find me fearing husband with a long trimmed beared. A beard is a must with this sister:hearts: :hearts:

I am a brother and so many of my friends prefer a woman that is religious and covered. Most of them are not married b/c they haven't found sisters that are covered and these guys have their masters and PhD's in engineering!!

I think a woman that is covered has so much more to offer, like innocence, chaste, shyness, humbleness---those are hard characteristics to find, especially in America

"umYaniah: A beard is a must with this sister" lol that's funny. As a guy, I actually feel "naked" without facial hair

walakum salaam

nafeesa

salaam alaykum
well i had added my profile in a matrimonial site,it has my picture on it with a hijab, many a times i thought to remove my picture (though its in hijab) but when i noticed many brothers mentioning that they will respond only to the profile with photo available and even the website mentions that you will recieve good respond if pic attached, it took me back from removing it.

salaam alaykum

proud2bemuslim

ALLAH HU AKBAR
:salam2:

Yes, I would marry sister in purdah. But I think my parents would want me to marry someone without purdah (veil). They would prefer me to marry someone with hijab and without a veil. Also I would like to get married right now but my parents want me to wait till i graduate (which is like in 3 months) and get settled. Do you guys think that a person should wait, get settled, and then marry or get married when he has the means to get married?

Our Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said Sahih Bukhari

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 4:
Narrated 'Abdullah:

We were with the Prophet while we were young and had no wealth whatever. So Allah's Apostle said, "O young people! Whoever among you can marry, should marry, because it helps him lower his gaze and guard his modesty (i.e. his private parts from committing illegal sexual intercourse etc.), and whoever is not able to marry, should fast, as fasting diminishes his sexual power."

abnaaz

salamo'alaykoum, alhamdoulillah i wear the veil; however it seems like some brothers or sisters here are mad or 'backbite' (astaghurAllah) the brothers or sisters who don't wear the viel or dont grow a beard. But maybe (waAllahou a'lam) knows if they are pure in their heart. Maybe they are better than us. May Allah guide the believers inshaAllah. Ameen. I will give u an example. MashaAllah and alhamdoulillah I have a great husband who is religious, etc. But he doesn't really have a beard that shows a lot. Why? because his skin is too sensitive and it gives him great pain when facial hair grows, so he always have to trim it. I know it might be off topic. But inshaAllah some shall reflect upon it. Don't judge for it is only for Allah. We should only judge ourselves. wasalamo'alaykoum

boupj

I've had this discussion with two Muslim brothers this past week. I observe hijab, but not niqaab and both brothers were saying that the face veil is too much and that it is extremism and they wouldn't let their wives wear it. I think the main reason is because our brothers are trying to protect and know that if we cover completely (i.e. face veil) then people will look at us in a negative way. I tried to explain to both brothers that if a women chooses to wear niqaab then it is between her and Allah and no one else. Some people tell me my hijab is extreme and that I only need to dress modestly, but I feel that it is necessary for me to wear it, and that is between me and Allah, I do it for Allah and no one else.

As for the beard a good friend of mine who is a Muslim brother I asked him why he didn't grow his beard and he said it was ugly, so I pointed out that some say my hijab is ugly, and he told me that hijab is beautiful, I agree that hijab is beautiful but some people don't, and their opinion doesn't effect me, and that he should grow his beard even if some people might think it's ugly. Personally I would marry a man with a beard, and if any man wouldn't marry me because I covered then forget him, because any devout Muslim would uinderstand that how I practice my faith is based on my relationship and obedience to Allah, just as I recognize that for others who may choose to practice a little differently that it is their relationship with Allah, and who am I to interfere?

spike.p

Marrying a purda practiceing girl was the best thing I ever did. I always said I wouldn"t but I lstened to My parents for the first time and now I'm the happiest guy with three butiful kids Allhamdolilah. It was hard at first but I kept asking Allah to help and now I have a beard on my face and feel closer to Allah. Pray for me.
Sallams.

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
Assalamu alaikum dear Brothers and Sisters,

When I was looking for a wife, I was looking for someone who wears both a veil and covers her face. Alhamdulillah, I found her, and I thank Allah SWT everyday for His bounty. If a person wants you to take off your veil or purdah, then he doesn`t deserve you. There are pious men out there who will be knocking the doors of those pious women. It`s just a matter of time.

Remember what the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever seeks to please Allaah by angering people, Allaah will suffice to protect him from people, but whoever seeks to please people by angering Allaah, Allaah will abandon him to the people.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi in Kitaab al-Zuhd, no. 2338).

Remember the words of Allaah (interpretation of the meaning):
“And whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty).
And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allaah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allaah will accomplish his purpose. Indeed Allaah has set a measure for all things”
[al-Talaaq 65:2-3]

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And if you obey most of those on the earth, they will mislead you far away from Allaah’s path” (al-An’aam 6:116)

uzeshan

S.O.A
:salam2:

You are right... May may those guys are not true muslim (men/women)..
I would marry someone who take Hajib.. I know how other men sees a women without the Hijab (i.e. without an islamic dress)...

but unfortunately i have to say, i ve seen some sis/bro they wear Islamic dress but do not respect islamic dress.. I have seen this in my college and seeing in my uni... Ain't duno how to approch them since i m attending my uni 12hrs a week (part-time)...

heartbeat

Salam

That most guys dont like girls with Jidjab is not an accurate assumption.
I myself have been living living in the USA and have been more attracted to girls with hidjab than to non hidjab girls..

Subhan allah, i feel something very different when i see a girl with hijdab, even though i get to meet and see very beautiful american girls.
But i just cant describe the feeling i have when i see a hidjabi girl..
i am looking for a good sister to marry in shallah.. and yes i pray allah that she wears hidjab..

Status
Not open for further replies.