Yay!I've reverted home!

nasayem

Assalamualikum to all sisters & brothers,:hijabi:
Well.....I recently reverted & am sooo happy!I was a bit of a tearaway when I was younger but Islam has now calmed me.In leaving my old self behind,I've become the girl I should have always been.
Insh Allah:tti_sister:
Nasayem (was Melanie) Bint M***:blackhijab:

ozmiester786

Allah hu Ahkbar.

Allah is so great. He has hand picked you so good on you mashallah for reverting. Please make dua for us as your soul is in an extreme state of purity subhanallah. Again welcome to this admirable posse known as Islam!! :D

BinteShafi

Left long ago
wa alaikum salam wr wb dear sister,

Allah o Akbar...:ma: A warm hug and very welcome to Islam. Congratulations.

Welcome to TT. :muslim_child:

Asslam u Alaaikum

BetAmakeR

Love Allah
:wasalam:

Alahamdunillah
Congrat Sis, May Allah Bless u and make ur journey ahead easy for u..

ALLAHUAKHBAR!! ALLAHUAKHBAR!! ALLAHUAKHBAR!!

:salah::salah:

halah

Wa alikum assalam wa rahamatullah wa barakatuh

Congratulations sister and welcome to the tti family,may Allah strengthen your faith and firm your heart on the the straight path:tti_sister:

doctor38

Alahamdunillah
Congratulation Sis, May Allah Bless you.

Nasayem is interesting name. Never heard of it before, I actually looked it up in The Encyclopedia of Arabic names and i could not find it.

If it comes from Arabic (the name sounds Arabic) than it is the pleural for of naseemah or nassem which means gentle refreshing air that does not move branch nor does it have any visible effect.

Whenever you have time. Tell us something about the story of your reversion. It will be truly refreshing. :SMILY335:

nasayem

Assalamualikum,
Thank you all for the warm welcome.It's been a real adventure becoming Muslim but worth it IMHO.
Reverted about two months ago.
Doctor,
My chosen name (and I thought long & hard about it!) means 'Flower'

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh sister Nasyem

Welcome to the family of TTI and Islam. MashaAllah I am very happy to hear about you being reverted. Allahu Akbar!

Please do not hesitate to start new threads, post in existing threads and/or asking any question(s) that may arise. InshaAllah you will see that all the brothers and sisters over here are very helpful.

Once again welcome and congratulations!!!!!!!!! :):):):):)

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله و بركاته
Welcome home my sister
and congratulations on ur converting , I'm really happy for u
Thanks for Allah
and if u have any Q , just tell us we are all here to help

May Allah bless you honey

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
Assalamualikum to all sisters & brothers,:hijabi:
Well.....I recently reverted & am sooo happy!I was a bit of a tearaway when I was younger but Islam has now calmed me.In leaving my old self behind,I've become the girl I should have always been.
Insh Allah:tti_sister:
Nasayem (was Melanie) Bint M***:blackhijab:

Salam alai kum

Mashallah sister and congratulations on your reversion to Islam.

May Allah keep you guided on to the straight path.

As others have mentioned it would be great to hear your story :)

Peace2u

ayesha_r

Muslimah
:salam2:
BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you sis
I am so happy for uuuu
Welcome to the beautiful religion of islam
and TTI
May ALLAH bless you and the ummah and grant all of us janat ul firdous.Ameen

kiki18

welcome sister!!!
may Allah bless you.
so great to hear more sisters are joining the ummah :)
we would love to hear how you chose islam

salam

IslamIsTheFuture

알라후 아크바르-Allah Akbar
Salam Alekum sister
Welcome to ISLAM and TTI... May Allah rwrd u and increases ur faith.. Ameen.. Happy 2 have u as ma sister in Islam... :) May u benefit from this site InshAllah :)
take care :D

nasayem

Salam alai kum

Mashallah sister and congratulations on your reversion to Islam.

May Allah keep you guided on to the straight path.

As others have mentioned it would be great to hear your story :)

Peace2u
Assalamualikum,

Well I had the usual English Christian upbringing,I went to Sunday school every week while mom & dad we're in the grown up church,joined the Brownies & Guides (well,mom sort of pushed me into it,ironically it was held at the church hall.
In my teens I sort of rebelled,started hanging out with the wrong crowd of teenagers,much to my parents disgust.
At 18,I moved out into my own place after I got a job in HMV, God I loved to party! (I will stress that I have never done drugs apart from when my drink was spiked without my knowing.)
Anyway,I used to go out with my friends on a Friday nite & get absolutely hammered on Vodka & those alcopops,next day I'd wake up,or rather come to,as sick as a dog.It'd take me most of the weekend to recover.
Then one night,about a year ago, I was out in the club with my friends being chatted up by some guy.Next thing I remember is kneeling in front of the toilet in the club,I'd been sick all down my dress & things looked funny,sort of when you cross your eyes but blurry.
One of my friends found me & got me home,the taxi had to stop repeatedly so I could be sick & I had to sit on a plastic bag so no vomit would get on the seats.
It took me ages to get over it,longer than a normal night out.It was later I found out someone had dropped a 'E' or Acid into my drink,while I was dancing,for a laugh.
Anyway,where I was working then was in a large call center & a large number of workers were foriegn.One of them was a Muslim lady & I noticed she always looked proud & happy.I asked her in the canteen one day why she always wore this headscarf,even indoors & she told me of it's significance & meaning.
This got me curious & the more I talked to her,the more I felt at ease.She sensed the was something wrong that was making me unhappy & I told her of the night in the club.I had NOT told ANYONE what had happened & sworn my friends to secrecy! Yet it was easy to unburden myself to her.
She gave me some leaflets & website links (not for here tho sadly) & I got reading on the internet.
It's strange but while I was on the internet on my usual websites (Bebo ect) I found myself going on these less & less,spending more time on Islamic websites.
Eventually I decided to leave my old,destructive life behind & the more I thought about it,reverting seemed to be the only option.
So I did!
Nasayem.:hijabi:

nasayem

:salam2:
BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you sis
I am so happy for uuuu
Welcome to the beautiful religion of islam
and TTI
May ALLAH bless you and the ummah and grant all of us janat ul firdous.Ameen

Well I had the normal English Christian upbringing (Sunday School,Brownies ect,all held in the church hall) growing up in Birmingham.When I was around 14-15 I started to hang out with the wrong crowd at school & basically played up.At 18 I moved out & into my own place after getting a job in a HMV record store.By then we (the family) had moved to Ireland.
I done the usual things,went out partying on friday nites it took me most of the weekend to recover,usually I'd be out again on Saturday nites,getting hammered again.
Then one nite about a year or so ago I was out in the local clubs,drinking & dancing, & was being chatted up by some bloke.Next thing I remember is kneeling in a pool of my own vomit in a toilet cubicle,sick all down my dress,I felt aweful! (Spin around a few times & cross your eye's at the same time!Then times it by a thousand & thats how I felt!)
I ended up getting a taxi home with one of my girlfriends,sitting on a plastic bag so as not to get vomit on the taxi seat,every now & again,I had to get the taxi to stop & I'd be sick.It took me nearly a week to recover.
It turns out someone had dropped a 'E' or 'acid tab' into my drink while I was dancing.(I must stress I have never done drugs!)
Anyway,a few weeks later I was working in a place that had loads of foriegn workers,one of them was a Muslim lady & we got talking in the canteen a few times.for some reason I felt comfortable talking to her,so I told her what'd happened.Ironic as I'd sworn my girlfriends to secrecy & here I was telling a relative stranger!
Anyway,to cut the story short I was sitting at her desk & I picked up her Quaran & flicked thru it,she gave me some leaflets & links to websites (not here tho,I found here by accident) & while on the PC,I found myself less & less on Bebo ect but more on Islam sites.
I'm sure she got sick of me badgering her with questions...:hijabi:
After a while I decided to revert & leave my old destructive life behind me & so,in her presence,I said my Shahada,She's shown me how to dress & act correctly & I'm happy. Last week we drove past the clubs I used to go to,seeing the line of drunken scantily clad women & lechorous men waiting to get into hell & I do not regret reverting for one minute!:ma:
I bumped into my old girlfriends in town & they were shocked at my appearance & the route I've taken.And when I told them I was now called Nasayem they were even more supprised!
I think the incident with the drugs were a turning point for me,I'm lucky I did'nt end up raped or worse.
Insh Allah thank you for helping me see the light that is Islam.
Nasayem.:blackhijab:

nasayem

welcome sister!!!
may Allah bless you.
so great to hear more sisters are joining the ummah :)
we would love to hear how you chose islam

salam

Thank you sister.
I have wrote two pieces on what changed in my life but they have gone off to the Moderators for review.
(Moderators,could you put the second one up please.)
:hijabi:
Sallam.