youngest father in uk

esperanza

revert of many years
INDEPENDENT UK

The families of an 11-year-old boy and the 15-year-old girl he made pregnant were last night struggling to come to terms with the fact that the youngsters were having a baby.

Theresa Stewart and her son, Sean, 11, now Britain's youngest known father, have gone into hiding while the mother-to-be, Emma Webster, 15, braved the media with her parents.

Emma, who lives next door to Sean in Sharnbrook, Bedfordshire, said she only found out how young he was when she told his mother she was expecting his baby. She was, she said, angry with Sean for giving her the impression that he was the same age as her. The fact that he attends Margaret Beaufort Middle School in Riseley had apparently not made her suspicious.

"It was not until I said I was pregnant to his mum and his mum turned around and said 'how can an 11-year-old be the father?' that I knew," she said. "I was shocked and I wanted to know why he had lied to me about his age."

But once Emma had overcome the initial shock, she adjusted to the idea of being pregnant and adopted the attitude that: "It was my mistake, nothing can change it now." She has chosen names for the baby, who will be her parents' first grandchild: Rebecca Jade if it is a girl and Ben Louis if it is a boy.

She is still seeing Sean, whom she has dated since November, and hopes he will give as much support as he can. Her parents have agreed to look after the baby, which is due in January, when she returns to Sharnbrook Upper School.

A spokeswoman for the Family Planning Association described the pregnancy as "an isolated case". She added: "I have never heard of an 11-year-old boy making a girl pregnant before." Records reveal the ages of young mothers, but not of fathers. In 1995, for example, there was one live birth to an 11-year-old and two to 12-year-olds. In most cases of a young girl becoming pregnant the father is either the same age or older.

It was only when Emma went to the doctor because she felt unwell that she discovered she was pregnant. "I thought I might have had a bug or something," she said. "The doctor said the symptoms I had made him think I was pregnant and the tests were positive."

Her mother, Shirley, 46, and father, Ray, 49, were devastated when they heard that she had been impregnated by an 11-year-old. First, they had thought the "mature-looking" Sean was 14 and, secondly, they had no idea that the pair were having sex. "We didn't realise they were sleeping together until Emma dropped that little bombshell about the baby," said Mr Webster.

Six weeks on, they have adjusted to the news and are impressed by the way the youngsters have handled the situation. "I think they have done everything that could be asked of them," said Mrs Webster, who has, with her husband, discussed the baby with Sean's family.

Sean's mother, Theresa, is said to be unhappy with the situation. She reportedly said, before disappearing to an unknown address: "He [Sean] is only a child. He doesn't really understand what is going on. This has put him under tremendous pressure. She [Emma] is much more mature and experienced than him, and I worry as any mother would."

Emma, who turns 16 in November, decided to keep the baby after much soul-searching and counselling. Her parents have agreed to take financial responsibility for the baby's upbringing, and are not expecting any contributions from Sean or his family. They do not, however, intend to hide the situation from the child, who would be told that Sean, who turns 12 in December, was the father.

Bedfordshire County Council said social workers were monitoring the situation. "We have been in contact with both sets of families ... and we are offering our support," said a spokesman.

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
:salam2:

"We didn't realise they were sleeping together"

They did not? Amazing, they let them lose with each other and as they discover their puberty they would not be attracted to each other and do something is just astonishing. Given that cases like single parent is so dense in those countries.

esperanza

revert of many years

They did not? Amazing, they let them lose with each other and as they discover their puberty they would not be attracted to each other and do something is just astonishing. Given that cases like single parent is so dense in those countries.

yes so true brother

a_stranger

This make us see the beauty of Islam in being very strict in preventing gender mixing , and encourgering marriage even at young ages. What a shaitanic idea to prevent young people from marriage while making free mixing . What we see is natural result because of wrong system.

Al-bint

Smile! It's Sunnah!
INDEPENDENT UK

The families of an 11-year-old boy and the 15-year-old girl he made pregnant were last night struggling to come to terms with the fact that the youngsters were having a baby.

When I first read it, i was like.... 11 & 15???!!!!! EXCUSE ME! and sort of still am... shocked. disgusted. terrified.
:astag:

I dont know what to say....

Wasalaam

esperanza

revert of many years
When I first read it, i was like.... 11 & 15???!!!!! EXCUSE ME! and sort of still am... shocked. disgusted. terrified.
:astag:

I dont know what to say....

Wasalaam

yes it is shocking ,,but thats how bad things are getting

Al-bint

Smile! It's Sunnah!

This make us see the beauty of Islam in being very strict in preventing gender mixing , and encourgering marriage even at young ages. What a shaitanic idea to prevent young people from marriage while making free mixing . What we see is natural result because of wrong system.

true! i do myself feel guilty most of the time coz i also study in co-ed college. but i dont knoo how can i help it! :(

serena77

salaams
you know i remember when i was in middle school ( 20 years ago ) we had kids in the 5th and 6th grade that were pregnant.. 3 if i remember correctly.... i don't believe any carried to term....
it is a shame though.. and a horrible one... as I still plan to revert the idea of gender mixing is not an odd concept to me.. some things that i've been through i have to wonder if i still would have if gender mixing wasn't so easy...
at the same time... i grew up as one of the boys... a tomboy... a secretary to all my friends at the university and kinda a mother bear ... cause let me tel you i had to get in the middle of some fights to get my friends out of where they were.. ( shakes head ) ...

the reason i said all that? i have always had trouble making female friends... when i was really young... barbies? you got to be kidding... as i was older skirts/dresses.. etc... i hated ( okay still do ) doesn't mean i wore skimpy see through tight as all get out things but i wasn't... a girlie girl..... also in school I admitted to being an atheist... I was really young and its how i was raised. so i had next to no female friends through my entire grade school/high school life... and in college it was no different. I was older i stood out etc....
and even now.... its still so hard for me.. due to a pen pal website i have a few female friends scattered throughout.... and i was friends w/ a woman from work.. I guess i still am but her current life doens't really let us get togethe....
and of course, there are no sisters here, I'm an only child and i'm back living w/ my parents to be able to help out w/ them. course now that i've been dxed w/ fibromyalgia and they are still trying to figure out which auto immune disorder i also have to go w/ it... sometimes i'm not as much of a help as i'd like.

I think i ended up thinking outloud at some parts... just explaining or trying to why this is so foreign to me...
serena

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

You are shocked ages? In some countries in "islamic" world younger than 15 years old become mothers, in there fathers are olders of cource. They become mothers before they can read. Shock that before how western word is blind to sex! You know already it is - even child look commercials how to look sexy.

To me they both are victims of blind culture and carry this rest of they life. May Allah be mnercy to them.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Astagfirullah, Astagfirullah, Astagfirullah. This is really so shocking to hear it is aslo so sad to hear hard destiny of these children and it is a real shame that their parents did not take care of them how is thier obligation.

But Alhamdulillah this is one of proves more that Islam is a truth, because Islam knows that these kind of things can happen even between children, that is why Islam orders seperating of boys and girls in schools,and forbids any kind of unnecersery mixing between man and woman. And Allah knows the best.

May Allah protect us all from this evil things. Ameen ya Rabby

:wasalam:

Tomtom

Banned
Unfortunately this is the norm in the Western countries. There are more Godless people than believers and the children are left to their own devices. If a ten year old doesn't smoke, drink or fornicate then that person is considered weird and not normal. They are also very anti-social, rude and disrespectful of their elders. Even the elderly people who are in their 70's and 80's are regularaly harassed. The culture is that they will raise them up to the age of 18 and then they are considered an adult and they are thrown out of the house. Most of these children are born without love, a result of fornication. This is the sad state of affairs in these countries.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Unfortunately this is the norm in the Western countries. There are more Godless people than believers and the children are left to their own devices. If a ten year old doesn't smoke, drink or fornicate then that person is considered weird and not normal. They are also very anti-social, rude and disrespectful of their elders. Even the elderly people who are in their 70's and 80's are regularaly harassed. The culture is that they will raise them up to the age of 18 and then they are considered an adult and they are thrown out of the house. Most of these children are born without love, a result of fornication. This is the sad state of affairs in these countries.

Don´t overreact. Western word most people doesn´t behave as those kids!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

What is newsworthy about this?

I have taught students who were fifteen years old with three children.

This is nothing new under the sun...and this has nothing to do with single mothers.

Please let us not make fun of anyone...this is cultural.

msmoorad

mommys boy
salaams to all

and if this was a married muslim couple, the media would be barking mad but since they are non muslim kids-some would find it cute but there wont be any real outrage.

hypocritical.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
jazakallah

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Don't we have better things to worry about than who had sex with whom and why?

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalaam walaikum,

Don't we have better things to worry about than who had sex with whom and why?

I do not think dear sister that it is a right to say on this way.As Muslims we should be carefulll with our speach Alhamdulillah.

And evil things that happen in our society as Muslims should be always our concern Alhadmulilah, because we are those who are enjoying good and forbiding evil.

And Allah knows the best.

May Allah guide us all. Ameen

:wasalam:

a_stranger

I think that such stories make it very clear that we as humans need Islam to put things into order, without Islam people live in a state of chaos.

Tomtom

Banned

Don´t overreact. Western word most people doesn´t behave as those kids!

Sis harb, this is not an over reaction. I'm a brit, this is quite normal in the UK, what I have said happens every day. :(

I think I'm right in saying it is exactly the same in the USA.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Asja, I just wrote this is not worth our time. Please do not overreact to the word sex.

This is what I meant: Why are we talking about non-Muslims having sex. We Muslims have so many more issues to deal with.

We need to look at ourselves.

This is not a newsworthy item. Shame on us. This is equivalent to gossip tabloid.