Your experience of Islamophobia??

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: i just wanted to say to butterflymuslima that i lived in florida for 11 years and only recently started wearing hijab. The reaction was extremely positive from friends and strangers alike. More doors held open than ever before and more friendly reception than previously. I did get a couple of looks, mainly from old people but the positive experience far outweighed it plus it presented a wonderful opportunity for dawa! :wasalam:

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
:t plus it presented a wonderful opportunity for dawa! :wasalam:

:salam2:

That is so true. Much respect to all the Sisters who wear Hijab. May Allah make you amongst those who enter the highest level of Jannah!
You guys are like walking billboard for dawah. Even if people show negativity towards you, it still raises curiosity, and I've heard many stories how people became Musilm after meeting Hijabi sisters and asking questions.

Man, people are so silly and give such silly reactions. Even though, it's not nice for them to be racist I find their reaction so funny!
"are you bald under the hijab?" hahahha
"do you wear it to sleep?". Oh man, I can't stop laughing!

Idris16

salam alaykum
Well the only question i've got is from a teacher asking me why muslims are violent. she shouldn't call herself a teacher.

why? because she teaches religion,geography and history. if she teach others religion especially islam then she should know that you shouldnt judge muslims because its the religoin you should know about not how people practice it!

wa salam

Nichole

Asalaamu Alaikum

Island Muslim, I totally agree with your post. Insha'Allah my husband and I are looking for a place to make hijra to. He's applying to every job possible. Please make dua that we are able to get out of the land of the modern-day-Firawn Insha'Allah.

Oh...I forgot one more story...my husband and I were at the mall and some kids mimicked an Indian accent at us. It amazes me that people here don't know the difference between Muslims and Hindus.

Nichole

Idris16

Asalaamu Alaikum

Oh...I forgot one more story...my husband and I were at the mall and some kids mimicked an Indian accent at us. It amazes me that people here don't know the difference between Muslims and Hindus. Nichole

I dont know where these people gets their knowledge especially about muslims and hindus.

Nichole

Asalaamu Alaikum

They get it from The Simpsons, I believe. Since the accent and phrase that he used was from the convienece store worker.

I find it sad for such people that their knowledge is gathered not only from TV but also from cartoons. :SMILY286:

Nichole

salam alaykum
Well the only question i've got is from a teacher asking me why muslims are violent. she shouldn't call herself a teacher.

why? because she teaches religion,geography and history. if she teach others religion especially islam then she should know that you shouldnt judge muslims because its the religoin you should know about not how people practice it!

wa salam

Wa alaikum salaam.

Wow, a teacher of religions?! Hmmm...I just don't know what to say about that.

island muslim

Asalaamu Alaikum

Island Muslim, I totally agree with your post. Insha'Allah my husband and I are looking for a place to make hijra to. He's applying to every job possible. Please make dua that we are able to get out of the land of the modern-day-Firawn Insha'Allah.

Oh...I forgot one more story...my husband and I were at the mall and some kids mimicked an Indian accent at us. It amazes me that people here don't know the difference between Muslims and Hindus.

Nichole

Wa Alaikumus Salaam sister Nichole,

May allah reward your sincerity in trying to implement the deen in all aspects of your life dear sister ameen.
Inshaallah sister allah keeps you and me guided and steadfast upon the deen.

If you could tell me your husbands proffession I will keep an eye out sister as I have friends in Dubai.

Jazakumallah khair

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
happened yeterday

Asalamu alaykum

it was yesterday ok so we came outside. the entire school is gonna take a picture all at the same time. while we were standing outside this one boy came up to me and he talked so loud and said" you must be exteremly hot" and am like no am not. and he said " you seem that you are hot" and said am not hot at all. it was wierd that he was talking like i could't hear him.

wierd!

wasalam

ivonne

Ok, after al this I thought I let you know my expirience how kids are reacting. For example one day I dropped my daughtyer to nursery I noticed that all the other kids brought scarfes with them from home to play "Awin`s mummy" Awin is mt daughter and they told me they like my scarf so much but also asked if i dont have hair cause theiy mums told them so :lol: or I remember one day I went to the zoo with my kids and there was a girl I would say 8 or 9 years old and she looked at me and told her mummy "when I`m a big girl I want to look like that women I like her style" so that means she likes the scraf her mummy was shocked and only said omg why?:lol:

Nichole

Asalaamu Alaikum Island Muslimah,

May Allah reward you. He just finished his PhD in Computer Science so he's looking for preferably an Assistant Professor position or even a Lecturer position. I think he would settle for an industry job at a company if we could go to UAE Insha'Allah. Please don't trouble yourself though. Even if you do happen to know someone, if you feel at all uncomfortable asking for him, I would completely understand. :blackhijab:

Subhan'Allah, Zaynab123, people are silly and rude sometimes.

Ivonne, Masha'Allah, that's so sweet that the kids like your hijab. You must have light (noor) in your face! :ma:

justcelebre

Salam,

A few weeks ago, I was with another sister and we were walking back to her house when we came across a racist. He slowed down, honked loudly at us and when my sister turned around, he showed us middle finger and then like a coward, quickly drove off.

I find it silly that these people never think - By behaving like that, it actually makes us ummahs stronger people. Like here in perth, muslim brothers and sisters from my Uni will come together every week to discuss issues and how to solve them. Undeniably, we become close knitted and closer to each other. So yes, at the end of the day, we gain more thanks to them imbeciles :)

Almaas

Ok, after al this I thought I let you know my expirience how kids are reacting. For example one day I dropped my daughtyer to nursery I noticed that all the other kids brought scarfes with them from home to play "Awin`s mummy" Awin is mt daughter and they told me they like my scarf so much but also asked if i dont have hair cause theiy mums told them so :lol: or I remember one day I went to the zoo with my kids and there was a girl I would say 8 or 9 years old and she looked at me and told her mummy "when I`m a big girl I want to look like that women I like her style" so that means she likes the scraf her mummy was shocked and only said omg why?:lol:

Asalaam-ualaykum,

MashAllah, thats so cute!!! May Allah (SWT) guide her.

Yeah, some people are really ignorant. I got asked if we marry our brothers and sisters (siblings), and i was like ''Of course not!''

And i've definitely heard that bald one before, but i go along with it.
We all face some sort of criticism, but what can you do, you just gotta learn to live with it and laugh.

Sometimes people can be quite complementery to the hijaab, i definitely get respected for it. MashAllah.

It's actually ironic; hair to some people (girls/women) is like their life or freedom, and it's wierd that they actually think i'm being deprived of something, when they are the one's being deprived of reward. May Allah (SWT) guide them all!!!

walaykum-asalaam.

Isra

aka Tree2008
I wanted to tell this story because it made me laugh when it happened but I wasnt sure how to post it here on this website. This thread gave me the perfect opportunity so here it is.....

I work as a cashier in a supermarket and the other day there were 2 women in my line and they began talking to each other. While I was checking the first woman out the one behind her mentioned that the store had a sale on sausage. Well the woman I was checking out asked if there was any sausage that was pure beef as most sausage has pork in it. I said "oh I am not able to eat pork either." So the woman asked me "is that a health issue or a religious issue?"

Even though I havent actually taken my shahada yet because I have plans to do that in Morocco next February I answered that it was a religious issue. So the woman asked me "oh really? What religion?" to which I answered "muslim." She looked right into my eyes (which are very blue) and studied my face (which is very white) and said "you dont LOOK like a Muslim!" I smiled very sweetly at her and asked "what does a Muslim look like?" She replied that I was too white and "dont Muslims have darker skin?" She said I look more "European." So with the smile still on my face I simply told her "I'm American." :lol:

I had to smile to myself at the ignorance because I know maybe a few years or even more recently like a few MONTHS ago that could have been me! I was shown the right path and now my blindness is gone.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
This happened today, on my way home.

There was this guy behind me, actually came out the same time as me but I was walking faster, he managed to catch up and walk parrallel, so I increased my pace, he increased his as well before long was parrallel again, he was giving me sideways glances, I was getting nervous (cos you just do!) seriously, I thought this dude had issues, more than twice I caught his glance in my direction and I was getting annoyed, and its quite a long road, you cant change directions for quite a while, even if you wanted to. It was also raining, so I took my umbrella and opened it up thinking 'Ok here's my weapon :cool:' suddenly he goes, 'Excuse me...do you have the time? :)'

Lol ...:rolleyes:, shows we also sometimes jump to conclusions about non-muslims too quickly.

AhmedGabriel

Salaamu aleikum! Well i can't say it's funny but still.I was comming back from my holliday in Romania and at the airport while i was waiting to check in( I had a slightly big beard and a backpack which i was carring with me all of the time), my flight was delayed due to bad wheather ,(snow) another company was to check in their customers at the same gate (the company Elal or something like that israeli company) special forces of my country 'joined' me and one of the three was like a pain in my back he went were i went armed with firearms the whole lot.and the thing is i am a revert.anyway after the israeli checked they left me alone and only realised they were there because of me wearing a beard and a back pack due to lack of religious knowledge they tought i was gonna do something against the israelis.And even if its a small country in Romania we are a lot of muslims AlhamdullAllah! What can i say? At least the special force didnt took any special precautions to embarass them selfs.

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
This happened today, on my way home.

There was this guy behind me, actually came out the same time as me but I was walking faster, he managed to catch up and walk parrallel, so I increased my pace, he increased his as well before long was parrallel again, he was giving me sideways glances, I was getting nervous (cos you just do!) seriously, I thought this dude had issues, more than twice I caught his glance in my direction and I was getting annoyed, and its quite a long road, you cant change directions for quite a while, even if you wanted to. It was also raining, so I took my umbrella and opened it up thinking 'Ok here's my weapon :cool:' suddenly he goes, 'Excuse me...do you have the time? :)'

Lol ...:rolleyes:, shows we also sometimes jump to conclusions about non-muslims too quickly.

:lol::lol::lol: this made me laugh we do jump to conclusions because thats what we are made to believe by experience etc

my experiences are few alhamdulilah but compared to my sisters its like iam the only one who gets this abuse and when they are with me they see it and say its because iam with them lool but i have had things thrown on me shouted abuse from cars at traffic lights but all this hardship inshallah will pay off and our reward sisters and brothers is with allah so say alhamdulilah allah can give us the strenghth to carry one and never comprimise or give up our faith for no one inshallah :ma:

:wasalam:

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Aw, that is the sweetest thing ever! LoL a great opinion is from little kids, and when they say something nice, it's just adorable. They Love your Hijab siter, Mashallah. :) And Inshallah you will be a role model to them and one day they will accept Islam because the Hijab attracted them.

I like the Hijab too. :) Alhamdulillah, it's the BEAUTIFULLEST thing I've ever sen. There's Fitnah everywhere in school, girl's weraing tight clothes and showing off, kissing nad all that Astagfirullah stuff. But then when I look up when I'm in the Wing (Hallway) and I see a Muslim sister with her Hijab, my head lifts up, my Eman starts to rapidly increase, and I'm full of awe at how beautiful the Hijab is (I siad the Hijab, not the sisters wearing them, just so you don't get freakd out, LoL). Seeing my Muslim sisters wearing the Hijab is like a beacon of Hope, Tranquility, and Harmony that I feel after walking through all the Fitnah and the Haraam girls. And Wallahi, the BEST women that I've ever seen was a Muslim Sister who stood up for Islam, showing her love for Allah Ta Alla, and the BEST thing ever, was that when she had her Burqah, Hijab, AND Niqab on, just by looking at her and the sisters around her you can see the radiance and beauty of Allah Ta Alla's Love in her. But even though I was so full of wonder at seeing that, I didn't want to show any disrespect tomy sisters in Islam, so even though her and the other sister's Niqab were attracting my intention EXTREMELY, I turned my head away even though there was an urge in my heart to look at this wonderfull beauty, but I remembered that I made a vow to myself to defend my sister in Islam and to lower my gaze when she is around as to not disresect her, no matter how much she makes me feel by seeing the beauty of her love for Allah Ta Alla (through her character and actions), I remind myself that it's considered (by my own standards) as disrespecting my sisters in Islam.

Seeing the Eman in my sisters in Islam is just something that makes me feel so full of joy, and at times something tearful because seeing them makes me feel like that even though there's a lot of evil and ugliness around you (girl's trying to flirt with guys, wearing tight clothes), there's always a beacon of Hope and Beauty (The Hijab), which is a Mercy to my Muslim sisters from our Lord, Allah Ta Alla, the Most High.

Oh my sisters, let me give you some advice. Ther can be young women out ther, young girls, the most "beautifullest" women that any man has ever seen (Hurl Yeen in other words), but there is only ONE special Bueaty that Allah Ta Alla has bestowed upon those whom he has favoured, and that is the Muslim women he creatd to Worship him. And even though there are such women out there with "beauty"(as I have stated above), there is ONE beauty that they do NOT have, and that is the Love for Allah Ta Alla.

I know that there will be many Haram women infront of me. If I go to Jannah, I KNOW that (even though I don't want it) Hurl Yeen will be there, but I only want ONE special somebody there, who's more than some young Gilrll made pure, and that one special somebody is my one special beauty, and that'll be my Special Wife, and if Allah Ta Alla wills, I'll see herwith not roses in her hair, but with her Hijab, her eyes and face shining with the Eman and Love she has for Allah Ta Alla; and Wallahi, I woul dnot want any other wpmen, not matter HOW young, "V", or "beautiful" they look, because my Zawjati will have one special beauty that I'll love for Eternity, Her Hijab, and her Love for Allah Ta Alla.

Oh my Sisters! The Hijab is a beauty from your Lord, a beauty that he has made to be unique, a beauty that he has bestowed upon the best women he has created and loves more than any other women that he has had life go into (The Muslimah who Loves her Lord), and no matter how "beautiful" a girl or women may be (it's not beauty or love, Wallahi, this is just a sexual desire for the evil ones), their so called "beauty" can never match this beauty that is the greatest in the Heavens and the Earth. This Hijab is a blessing from your Lord who is Beautiful, Mjestic, Just, Fair, Full of Mercy, Power, and Might. And your character (being polite, being mature, [B] bynot scaring others by screaming loudly [/B], and by loving Your Lord) is the Highest Beauty that any women could have, but only the women who have an understanding can attain this high level of beauty, and only the good and modest men can ever see it.

And know that this Character and Modesty of yours attracts the BEST of men, and men who are Obediant and Submitting to their wife, and who do not love any other women but her.

And so remember to hold your head up High Oh my Sister as you wear your Hijab, for your Lord has had his favor upon you by making you of the few who deserve to have this special beauty and has Honored you by bestowing this blessing upon you.

And to Allah Ta Alla belongs all praise.

[yt]j_CGyxbe4ms[/yt]

[yt]KBJ370TOaoc[/yt]

saffanah

speak good or silent

Masha Allah...reading my sisters and brothers's stories here made me understand how hard is living in a society where Muslims are the minority.
I'm living in a Muslim country (the biggest muslims population country in the world) so, we've never experienced such Islamophobia here...
But don't you know sisters and brothers that the greater the test then the greater is the reward.I believe that Allah gives the greater rewards for you muslims who face the 'hard life' in a non-muslim community than us who are living in muslim countries.
Life is short sisters and brothers, so be patient in going through this test, insha Allah Jannah (heaven) is already there waiting for you to enter it.Insha Allah someday we will meet each other, and living happily forever and ever in this Garden. Just remember that our Prophet Muhammad salallahu alaihi wassalam is waiting for us in his Haudh (the prophet's lake in Jannah). Insha Allah. Amin. Then we must struggle for it!

justcelebre

Salam,

At least I feel at ease knowing that I am not alone in this battle. Living in a non-muslim country is difficult especially if people around you are plain ignorant. InsyaAllah there will never come a day where we admit defeat just because these ignorant people try to scare us. May Allah swt give us the patience and strength in dealing with such situations.